Madonna 2012 New Album Thread

Chuck82

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

What promotion can she do exactly?

The super bowl isn't till February, other than releasing a single and video soon, there isn't much else for her to do :dazed: is she supposed to do talk shows and interviews weeks to her performance and months before the album?

Just chill, we'll get promo.

Guest ditaluver

Get a grip. There is nothing to promote at this time. I keep reading from various fans "promotion sucks so far" or something like this. You have to have a product out in distribution before you can promote. I mean? What kind of promotion can anyone do here when the product isn't available until the end of the month. The beans haven't been spilled yet, because the product isn't ready to be distributed or talked about. Kinda silly to talk about a product and give out any info when the whole thing won't be released until the end of the month (or for the album in two months). What's wrong with the info we have so far?? Single available for radio at the end of the month. Why can't you be satisfied with that? Any other info won't get you any closer to the song or the album. Why must you have to know all the songs or lyrics, when back in the day, the whole fun of the album was to purchase it and learn of everything when it's in your hands. All they can do is talk about it, but what's the point of doing that when we have weeks til the actual single is available and two months before the album.

I agree and :dramatic: to two more months!!!! its painful lol

Yeah, I'm not sure what they are supposed to be doing right now as far as promo goes. Starting everything now would kind of be blowing the load a little early no?

This comment is so going to age me but.....why does this generation feel entitled to everything?? And everything has to be NOW!! Chill out folks, yeah it's all getting closer but it's only January.....with the attention span and patience level of this generation, everything would be forgotten and not cared about by March anyways. :p

I think people want "I just finished a track thats going to blow your minds motherfuckers" sort of tweets every day or the tracklisting from Guy, but none of that is really promo

maybe the tracklisting or official lyrics of the first song would be nice indeed.. its just something for the fans. a few pictures from the studio are welcome as well.

and promo wise im kinda hoping there'll be a behind the scenes mini-doc or a mini interview of her in the studio or about the working proces/and progress of the new album, or how she builds up her ideas.. i'd like to hear her talk about how one idea transforms into something bigger.. from a muse she has to the final image.. something like that would be nice. i also think it would be interesting to hear how she works from her point of view;.. and go pretty in dept.. not just for fans but for casual listeners as well. im pretty sure that many people still have the idea that madonna has a whole machine working for her and that shes not as involved and she's just the puppet. whlie really i think the main ideas or the direction she wants to go to is always coming from her. im sure there's people behind her trying to push her into something, but i do believe she has always the final word and wont do what she doesnt believe in or what doesnt motivate her. so it would be interesting to hear more about the process of a new project.. at least imo.

Guest groovyguy

maybe the tracklisting or official lyrics of the first song would be nice indeed.. its just something for the fans. a few pictures from the studio are welcome as well.

and promo wise im kinda hoping there'll be a behind the scenes mini-doc or a mini interview of her in the studio or about the working proces/and progress of the new album, or how she builds up her ideas.. i'd like to hear her talk about how one idea transforms into something bigger.. from a muse she has to the final image.. something like that would be nice. i also think it would be interesting to hear how she works from her point of view;.. and go pretty in dept.. not just for fans but for casual listeners as well. im pretty sure that many people still have the idea that madonna has a whole machine working for her and that shes not as involved and she's just the puppet. whlie really i think the main ideas or the direction she wants to go to is always coming from her. im sure there's people behind her trying to push her into something, but i do believe she has always the final word and wont do what she doesnt believe in or what doesnt motivate her. so it would be interesting to hear more about the process of a new project.. at least imo.

It's her vision. As Méthé (Moment Factory) said: "It’s all about Madonna. We leave it to her to decide if and when she wants to reveal anything. This is a Madonna event that we’re contributing to. It’s not about Cirque, it’s about Madonna. The part we’re playing there is really in the creative content and the follow-up, until delivery.

She knows what she wants."

I think people want "I just finished a track thats going to blow your minds motherfuckers" sort of tweets every day or the tracklisting from Guy, but none of that is really promo

Yeah, I agree. As much as I love getting tidbits (and would like them to be official), I'd rather not she start the bragging so soon. I feel like I am inevitably let down when entertainers do that.

Guest groovyguy

I agree and :dramatic: to two more months!!!! its painful lol

A few weeks to GAYL single, then Super Bowl. And 2 more months to album. :dramatic: The waiting is killing. Can hardly contain the excitement.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.drownedmadonna.com/index/item/394-madonnas-gimme-all-your-luvin-to-hit-radio-on-february-7th-2012.html

Madonna's Gimme All Your Luvin to hit radio on February 7th 2012

Madonna's first single, Gimme All Your Luvin, from her upcoming album is impacting radio on February 7th, 2012, according to AllAccess.com. Well, apparently it is impacting two days after the Super Bowl Half Time Show and not on late January as announced on the latest press release.

Note that All Access is calling the song as Give Me All Your Love instead of Gimme All Your Luvin.

February 7, 2012

impacting songs

Madonna

Interscope

Give Me All Your Love

http://www.drownedmadonna.com/index/item/394-madonnas-gimme-all-your-luvin-to-hit-radio-on-february-7th-2012.html

Madonna's Gimme All Your Luvin to hit radio on February 7th 2012

Madonna's first single, Gimme All Your Luvin, from her upcoming album is impacting radio on February 7th, 2012, according to AllAccess.com. Well, apparently it is impacting two days after the Super Bowl Half Time Show and not on late January as announced on the latest press release.

Note that All Access is calling the song as Give Me All Your Love instead of Gimme All Your Luvin.

February 7, 2012

impacting songs

Madonna

Interscope

Give Me All Your Love

HER TEAM IS SUPER STUPID

Yeah, I'm not sure what they are supposed to be doing right now as far as promo goes. Starting everything now would kind of be blowing the load a little early no?

This comment is so going to age me but.....why does this generation feel entitled to everything?? And everything has to be NOW!! Chill out folks, yeah it's all getting closer but it's only January.....with the attention span and patience level of this generation, everything would be forgotten and not cared about by March anyways. :p

[/quote :thumbsup::clap:

HG is right, in the past, those IMPACT dates are just formalities, radio usually play the song before that... I wonder when will the radio stations get a hold of the promo single?

Guest groovyguy

G.O.N.E.

It's still supposed to hit in January as far as I know. iTunes apparently have the track already in anticipation for the leak...

Guest groovyguy

Yah- the impact date usually happens 1-2 weeks after a track actually premieres.

That's what I understand. Most songs are premiered 1-2 weeks before their official adds dates on radio. And the single going on sale has nothing to do with the radio adds date. Radio premier date for GAYL is probably January 24th or 31st and if the rumors are true, then the single will also be available on iTunes on the premier day. The press release with single and album info should be out on January 16th or 17th. It's looking more and more likely there might be a second single right before the album drops.

^That is true in some cases (has been with Madonna)- when an impact date wasn't even set in stone. But, if All Access has an impact date already, that likely means the track will hit radio before then.

did google search for an example of what an impact date is and all I can find is fans complaning about management and flops :lol:

I blame Jive Records and her managment, they don't know what they're doing.

i swear yall complain so much but i kno for a fact just becuz a song isnt officially supposed 2 be on radio doesnt mean it cant be played or u cant request it 2 be played.

WERE NOT BLAMING YOU BUT YOUR HORRIBLE MANAGER AND RECORD COMPANY.

JIVE NEVER STRIKES WHILE THE IRON IS HOT!

I see some of you don't understand how radio impact dates work. An adds date is not when they send the song to radio it's just a date for when the radio stations all add a song. The singles will be sent to radio before then.

I'm trying to think positive but its hard too when its been so many disappointments with how her project is being handle.

Only thing his team has shown us they get her are endorsements but can't get her music career off.

A radio impact date is the official date that the label "gores for" radio adds (stations officially adding a track to their playlist). if a track hitys radio before that date, many stations add the track in advance of the official date. With anticipated singles, the impact date is a formality.

Guest groovyguy
An example is Adam Lambert's new single, "Better Than I Know Myself", was released worldwide as a Digital Download on 20 December, but won't impact US Mainstream radio until 31 January.

It has already entered the Billboard Hot 100 based on downloads alone.