Don't play that stupid game cause I'm a different kinda girl

Apples388

I'm nervous too guys but i don't want to lose hope. Confessions on a Dance Floor proved for me that the lead single is not obviously the best track of the album. I mean i love Hung Up but i think it's one of the weakest track of the album.

Don't be ridiculous. Maybe you don't like "Hung Up" very much but there is no denying that is a monster track (and not just because of the ABBA sample). Anybody on any record label committee would know instantly that the track would have been massive.

The GMAYL demo is just a piece of shit!

Can't you read? I LOVE Hung up and i KNOW it's a killer track, ok? But i think there's a LOT of stronger tracks on the album.

Also, is it really necessary to be aggressive? I just tried to be a little positive and yet people call me "ridiculous" :doh:

I see your point but let's wait for the whole album before having a definitive opinion :thumbsup:

I'm nervous too guys but i don't want to lose hope. Confessions on a Dance Floor proved for me that the lead single is not obviously the best track of the album. I mean i love Hung Up but i think it's one of the weakest track of the album.

GMAYL demo is disappointing but like i said, let's wait for the WHOLE album :thumbsup:

Of course :thumbsup: I'm hoping that Madonna would prove me wrong ;)

I have been a fan for 30 years and bar the odd film I have loved almost everything Madonna has done.

But in recent years the direction her music has taken is at best sub par. She used to churn out some of the best pop

songs ever. Now we get juvenile lazy lyrics singing about her "booty getting down" or her "sugar is raw" or her " sex is killah I shoot em bang bang"

Sorry it's cringeworthy and embarrassing. The latest cheerleader part on GMAYL is the worst. If she can't write decent lyrics she should hire some decent songwriters.

It's not like she cant afford them.

OK....versus the stellar lyrics of "star light star bright first star I see tonight", "ring ring ring goes the telephone the lights are on and no ones home", "I like to boogie woogie". Lyrically NONE of those songs are her best but you can't tell me LYRICALLY GAYL is any worse than those songs cuz it's not. It's right on par. A simple, easily digestible pop song. Sorry, I don't buy this "lazy" argument from fans. I think the reason the lyrics are "cringeworthy and embarrassing" now is because she's older, you're older and you EXPECT her to come up with something "mature" because she's 53. It's almost as if she's not growing with her primary fan base but the thing is she's a POP STAR as long as she stays in that mold she's always going to be somewhat chasing more youthful things. That's just the name of the game. That doesn't mean we won't get our LAP's and LTT's thrown in the mix here and there but look at Madonna's biggest hits they for the most part are more "simple" in there lyrics.

She's getting reamed for doing what she's always done. I'm not saying one must like GAYL, but to deny it's catchiness is a bit delusional.

BTW...Hung Up faced these same criticisms upon it's release. It was juvenile, she's recycling lyrics etc. Now that it's a "classic" with a classic image attached and lots of memories for a lot of fans it's seen as an avante-garde classic Madonna track. Music on the other hand DID get as much criticism when it's demo leaked as GAYL is getting. I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that the lyrics leaked first so fans were already in the mind set that it was going to suck. Then it became a monster hit, had some cool performances not to mention her image at the time was just cool and like magic....it became loved and is now a classic.

OK....versus the stellar lyrics of "star light star bright first star I see tonight", "ring ring ring goes the telephone the lights are on and no ones home", "I like to boogie woogie". Lyrically NONE of those songs are her best but you can't tell me LYRICALLY GAYL is any worse than those songs cuz it's not. It's right on par. A simple, easily digestible pop song. Sorry, I don't buy this "lazy" argument from fans. I think the reason the lyrics are "cringeworthy and embarrassing" now is because she's older, you're older and you EXPECT her to come up with something "mature" because she's 53. It's almost as if she's not growing with her primary fan base but the thing is she's a POP STAR as long as she stays in that mold she's always going to be somewhat chasing more youthful things. That's just the name of the game. That doesn't mean we won't get our LAP's and LTT's thrown in the mix here and there but look at Madonna's biggest hits they for the most part are more "simple" in there lyrics.

She's getting reamed for doing what she's always done. I'm not saying one must like GAYL, but to deny it's catchiness is a bit delusional.

This.

I'm not saying one must like GAYL, but to deny it's catchiness is a bit delusional.

But that's why it's getting slated - it's not really that catchy! If it was then surely more people would love it. It's just a surface catchiness that doesn't stick, it's very repetitive and monotonous and there isn't much of an actual hook there if you examine it closely - it's not layered like the best Madonna pop songs are.

It's not that horrible either till you add the facepalm cheerleading and predictable Britney breakdown (again, fine for her and it was done a lot better on her song) but it's far from great and nor is it particularly catchy, I don't understand why it keeps getting called as such. True catchy songs are ones you like to have around your head, not ones with basic hooks that annoy you.

That's just the name of the game

I was an IMPOSSIBLE case

No one ever could REACH me

But I think that I see in your face

There's a lot you can TEACH me

:dramatic:

Bless ABBA, the masters. Now THAT'S what you call catchy.

Sorry, for being delusional but the song isn't catchy. The cheerleader part is ripped straight off Toni Basil's Oh Mickey. It wasn't a good idea then and 30 odd years later getting two rappers to sing it is even worse. And I would rather hear her sing about "lucky stars", "boogie woogie" and "ring ring goes the telephone" than the awkwardness of "seeing her booty get down" or "her sugar is raw sticky and sweet".

At least LS, Music and HU we actually good songs with a melody. Most of what she has released post COADF is a FAIL.

But that's why it's getting slated - it's not really that catchy! If it was then surely more people would love it. It's just a surface catchiness that doesn't stick, it's very repetitive and monotonous and there isn't much of an actual hook there if you examine it closely - it's not layered like the best Madonna pop songs are.

It's not that horrible either till you add the facepalm cheerleading and predictable Britney breakdown (again, fine for her and it was done a lot better on her song) but it's far from great and nor is it particularly catchy, I don't understand why it keeps getting called as such. True catchy songs are ones you like to have around your head, not ones with basic hooks that annoy you.

:clap:

Sorry, for being delusional but the song isn't catchy. The cheerleader part is ripped straight off Toni Basil's Oh Mickey. It wasn't a good idea then and 30 odd years later getting two rappers to sing it is even worse. And I would rather hear her sing about "lucky stars", "boogie woogie" and "ring ring goes the telephone" than the awkwardness of "seeing her booty get down" or "her sugar is raw sticky and sweet".

At least LS, Music and HU we actually good songs with a melody. Most of what she has released post COADF is a FAIL.

:clap:

Hung Up and Music may have received a lukewarm response initially but there is one factor that makes these 2 singles better than Give Me a Bucket and that is the presence of featured artists.I mean I like Nicki when she raps with Kanye West but I can't imagine her with Madonna :sneaky:

Featuring was never one of Madonna's strong points. She shines best on her own.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I like how not liking this song means i'm "growing out of her", i find that funny[/Kurt].

I hope some of you realize that not EVERY song she has done has been perfect, right? she's had her fair share of shit songs

over the years, it didn't mean that the entire era the song came from was a mess.

I didn't like 'Candy Shop' from her last record, but i liked the rest of the album :dazed: i didn't like 'Hey Jew', in fact that's one of the worst songs ever made, but i'm still here :dazed: 'In This Life', 'Jimmy Jimmy', the rapping, the shit live guitar renditions, she has her crap moments :dazed: 'Give Me A Bucket' is just another one. Her shit can actually stink, it's not always the scent of roses.

I'm glad the Kesha fans and the Ageism supporters love this song, hopefully it's a mega smash for her, which it most likely will be, but i've heard this song already this year, Avril Lavigne released it :lol:

Madonna xx.

Kurt's agony xx.

People with a sense of humour xx.

Janet's gray tit xx.

Negativity and MadonnaNation have always gone hand in hand :)

What do the people who loathe GAYL with a passion think of those of us who actually love it and find it really catchy? Do you consider us lesser human beings for not sharing your taste/opinion?

There's too much negativity here about music that hasn't even been officially released yet. Makes me wonder if some of you are Mother Monster's minions. I,for one, am in a celebratory mood. It's a new album coming out bitches!!!! Break out the wine and the male strippers! Let's have a party and give her all our love!!!

That's what I'm talkin' about! :vogue::fag:

There's too much negativity here about music that hasn't even been officially released yet. Makes me wonder if some of you are Mother Monster's minions. I,for one, am in a celebratory mood. It's a new album coming out bitches!!!! Break out the wine and the male strippers! Let's have a party and give her all our love!!!

That's what I'm talkin' about! :vogue::fag:

I'm excited too!

I think you can NOT like the first single and still be excited for the album. What's the deal? Are we all one dimensional around here?

Okay, quoting our Queen, why don't you take a pole and stick it up your ass. LOL. Just kidding. Sort of.

Seriously though, one dimensional? Really? First of all, we've only heard a demo of the first single. It wasn't even finished yet.

Secondly, I am TOTALLY excited about the new album. This woman has given me endless hours of joy through her music and her videos for MANY MANY YEARS now. I owe her a debt of genuine gratitude. Though some might be better than others, none of her albums have disappointed me.

Go on and be stressed out and miserable. That is your prerogative. I am stoked. HOLIDAY!!! CELEBRATE!!!

Do me a favor. After you put it in, smile. :horn:

Negativity and MadonnaNation have always gone hand in hand :)

What do the people who loathe GAYL with a passion think of those of us who actually love it and find it really catchy? Do you consider us lesser human beings for not sharing your taste/opinion?

:nocomment:

:lol:

Okay, quoting our Queen, why don't you take a pole and stick it up your ass. LOL. Just kidding. Sort of.

Seriously though, one dimensional? Really? First of all, we've only heard a demo of the first single. It wasn't even finished yet.

Secondly, I am TOTALLY excited about the new album. This woman has given me endless hours of joy through her music and her videos for MANY MANY YEARS now. I owe her a debt of genuine gratitude. Though some might be better than others, none of her albums have disappointed me.

Go on and be stressed out and miserable. That is your prerogative. I am stoked. HOLIDAY!!! CELEBRATE!!!

Do me a favor. After you put it in, smile. :horn:

Who are you boo?

Furthermore, exactly what Nightshade said was that he was excited for the album. Him, stresst? All these capitals indicate you're the one who needs to smoke a joint or get a massage. :wow:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Do people really say things like "OUR QUEEN" in real life?

The Give Me A Bucket fans are starting to become a very PARTICULAR sort of folk i see :D