Don't play that stupid game cause I'm a different kinda girl

Apples388

No, we just except more than crappy lyrics, lame production and a sense of desperation

Her detractors have said those exact same things since 1983. A very large group of people have always felt she had crappy music with cheap production and was a desperate slut.

There will be plenty of time to calle her mong after the debacle. Meanwhile, let's hope that everything turns alright. Who knows?

What i don't understand is how on Earth the album is going to be personal and her new ROL with that first single. I doesn't add up. I wonder if she is playing with us and comes with a very different song? (wishful thinking galore!)

I was yesterday doing playbacks with a friend, wearing wigs and dancing a lot. And i didn't even play 'GAYL' or even 'Masterpiece' :( Instead, i sang along Spotlight.

Her detractors have said those exact same things since 1983. A very large group of people have always felt she had crappy music with cheap production and was a desperate slut.

I have been a fan for 30 years and bar the odd film I have loved almost everything Madonna has done.

But in recent years the direction her music has taken is at best sub par. She used to churn out some of the best pop

songs ever. Now we get juvenile lazy lyrics singing about her "booty getting down" or her "sugar is raw" or her " sex is killah I shoot em bang bang"

Sorry it's cringeworthy and embarrassing. The latest cheerleader part on GMAYL is the worst. If she can't write decent lyrics she should hire some decent songwriters.

It's not like she cant afford them.

I wish the song is as different from the demo as was with The Beat Goes On , but all sources are saying it sounds pretty much the same, so i kinda lost my hope. :( why Madonna..why??! fucking why!?!?!?Z?@!x?!?!~Z?\

I wish the song is as different from the demo as was with The Beat Goes On , but all sources are saying it sounds pretty much the same, so i kinda lost my hope. :( why Madonna..why??! fucking why!?!?!?Z?@!x?!?!~Z?\

it ain't really that bad anymore... it will be catchy as hell for the generic listeners of radio esp the cheering...

If its not catchy for me, a true Madonna loon, i dont see how it can be catchy for the generic listeners, its just sounds cringe worthy and like something hannah montana would sing. I mean compare this to the impact Hung Up has from the very first seconds of listening to it.

Maybe i need to play it louder, might get used to it and like it.

If its not catchy for me, a true Madonna loon, i dont see how it can be catchy for the generic listeners, its just sounds cringe worthy and like something hannah montana would sing. I mean compare this to the impact Hung Up has from the very first seconds of listening to it.

Maybe i need to play it louder, might get used to it and like it.

Sadly, we can't compare it to HUNG UP...

HUNG UP is avant garde while GAYL is as generic as CELEBRATION... but catchy still..

I love Music and i love Madonna... i do not really care if she is singing 20y.o. theme songs as lng as the music is good i like it.

I mean it can look ridicouls in a video and for someone desperate but we will be here moaning anyway for nything she does... we just liek to moan and moan and moan that is what intrnet is for... moaning! about everything and anything!

oh my god people,i can't believe this negativity!you all guys are talking like you don't like madonna anymore and that the last good album she put out is years ago!some of your critisism is so harsh that i would expect only by her enemies.it's madonna you guys..she always delivers......you just heard one demo.give her a break!she always knows what she is doing!

mgreece dear... this is just how we entertain ourselves here while useless Guy Oseary stays in hibernation... rest assured, we still love our Madge...

I was told in another post Oseary's job is to manage the artist and not to keep the fans upto date with her album/tour.

You would think they would throw us a few breadcrumbs.

It has grown on me, but it's still terrible, I mean she had 4 years time, and that is what she delivers?

Exactly. She must have wrote the lyrics in 2 minutes. It couldn't have taken her much longer.

oh my god people,i can't believe this negativity!you all guys are talking like you don't like madonna anymore and that the last good album she put out is years ago!some of your critisism is so harsh that i would expect only by her enemies.it's madonna you guys..she always delivers......you just heard one demo.give her a break!she always knows what she is doing!

:lol:

Totally agree :doh:

There's SO much negativity on MadonnaNation, that's unbelievable. The way people are already judging the WHOLE era when they haven't even heard the final version of the first single and most importantly, the whole ALBUM is just weird.

Is GMAYL a masterpiece? Of course not. But i'm waiting for the WHOLE album before going crazy.

There's VERY harsh fans here, i was very surprised myself when i began posting here. There's even some people that i don't believe they're fans anymore. It's ok to be able to say what's wrong with an artist we love (it's better than being a brainwashed loon) but talking crap about him/her ALL the time is alarming.

There's even some people that i don't believe they're fans anymore. It's ok to be able to say what's wrong with an artist we love (it's better than being a brainwashed loon) but talking crap about him/her ALL the time is alarming.

And yet you have only been posting on here since November..... Just because some of us don't like Give Me All Your Bucket doesn't mean we aren't fans. We

just happen to think that Madonna is capable of a lot more.

I have been a fan for 30 years and bar the odd film I have loved almost everything Madonna has done.

But in recent years the direction her music has taken is at best sub par. She used to churn out some of the best pop

songs ever. Now we get juvenile lazy lyrics singing about her "booty getting down" or her "sugar is raw" or her " sex is killah I shoot em bang bang"

Sorry it's cringeworthy and embarrassing. The latest cheerleader part on GMAYL is the worst. If she can't write decent lyrics she should hire some decent songwriters.

It's not like she cant afford them.

Unfortunately, i agree with every word you wrote...

Totally agree :doh:

There's SO much negativity on MadonnaNation, that's unbelievable. The way people are already judging the WHOLE era when they haven't even heard the final version of the first single and most importantly, the whole ALBUM is just weird.

Is GMAYL a masterpiece? Of course not. But i'm waiting for the WHOLE album before going crazy.

There's VERY harsh fans here, i was very surprised myself when i began posting here. There's even some people that i don't believe they're fans anymore. It's ok to be able to say what's wrong with an artist we love (it's better than being a brainwashed loon) but talking crap about him/her ALL the time is alarming.

I guess people are apprehensive because so far from everything we heard (young collab on the 1st single and apparently other songs on the album , the names of the songs like bang bang :| the photoshoot description and everything else) it sounds like this era is shaping up to be Hard Candy II era.

Also I get the feeling that she's not really into her music career as she once was :sneaky: I mean she did say "I'd like to make more movies , but I have to make a record 1st" like it's some kind of obligation. compare this to W.E where the inspiration , dedication and effort really shows. she's simply not channeling her creative energy into her music anymore.

My theory for this is that Madonna has always been a visual artist of sorts. with always a vision or a message behind her music videos. the image and the music were always hand in hand with her. Of course that was at a time when people actually gave a shit about music videos. Now that people don't care about them anymore , she has to look for other , more relevant mediums to express her visual artistry, and she found it in film making.

I guess I am the only one who liked the demo?

Kanye-Shrug.jpg

No, plenty of people liked it. It's just that people are more likely to be vocal about things they don't like. So the people that liked it are just enjoying it waiting for the official release while the ones that did not are complaining about and hoping it will be completely different.

I guess people are apprehensive because so far from everything we heard (young collab on the 1st single and apparently other songs on the album , the names of the songs like bang bang :| the photoshoot description and everything else) it sounds like this era is shaping up to be Hard Candy II era.

Also I get the feeling that she's not really into her music career as she once was :sneaky: I mean she did say "I'd like to make more movies , but I have to make a record 1st" like it's some kind of obligation. compare this to W.E where the inspiration , dedication and effort really shows. she's simply not channeling her creative energy into her music anymore.

My theory for this is that Madonna has always been a visual artist of sorts. with always a vision or a message behind her music videos. the image and the music were always hand in hand with her. Of course that was at a time when people actually gave a shit about music videos. Now that people don't care about them anymore , she has to look for other , more relevant mediums to express her visual artistry, and she found it in film making.

I see your point but let's wait for the whole album before having a definitive opinion :thumbsup:

I'm nervous too guys but i don't want to lose hope. Confessions on a Dance Floor proved for me that the lead single is not obviously the best track of the album. I mean i love Hung Up but i think it's one of the weakest track of the album.

GMAYL demo is disappointing but like i said, let's wait for the WHOLE album :thumbsup:

I'm nervous too guys but i don't want to lose hope. Confessions on a Dance Floor proved for me that the lead single is not obviously the best track of the album. I mean i love Hung Up but i think it's one of the weakest track of the album.

Don't be ridiculous. Maybe you don't like "Hung Up" very much but there is no denying that is a monster track (and not just because of the ABBA sample). Anybody on any record label committee would know instantly that the track would have been massive.

The GMAYL demo is just a piece of shit!