Don't play that stupid game cause I'm a different kinda girl

Apples388

Some of the apologists remind me of the MJ loons, it's a tragedy. Madonna doesn't want her fans to be like that, we all should be happy to oblige. :fag: There are a couple here who've literally never critiqued anything she's done (no that doesn't mean we all have to criticize her EVERY BREATH, there is a grey area) It's like, has the demo (for a demo) actually met/exceeded people's expectations? Who wouldn't be embarrassed to play this for their friends? :rotfl:

NEXT(US).

Some of the apologists remind me of the MJ loons, it's a tragedy. Madonna doesn't want her fans to be like that, we all should be happy to oblige. :fag: There are a couple here who've literally never critiqued anything she's done (no that doesn't mean we all have to criticize her EVERY BREATH, there is a grey area) It's like, has the demo (for a demo) actually met/exceeded people's expectations? Who wouldn't be embarrassed to play this for their friends? :rotfl:

NEXT(US).

Hahaha seriously.

On the day it leaked I was like "oh wow there's new Madonna? oh you're kidding" :lmao: *plays 7 seconds in for people*

Okay, quoting our Queen, why don't you take a pole and stick it up your ass. LOL. Just kidding. Sort of.

Seriously though, one dimensional? Really? First of all, we've only heard a demo of the first single. It wasn't even finished yet.

Secondly, I am TOTALLY excited about the new album. This woman has given me endless hours of joy through her music and her videos for MANY MANY YEARS now. I owe her a debt of genuine gratitude. Though some might be better than others, none of her albums have disappointed me.

Go on and be stressed out and miserable. That is your prerogative. I am stoked. HOLIDAY!!! CELEBRATE!!!

Do me a favor. After you put it in, smile. :horn:

I am not miserable at all. I'm just in the group that hates the demo and if rumors turn out to be true and the first single is practically the same song, I still won't like it. However, that doesn't mean I am not excited for the album. My point was to show you can hate the initial offering, but still not be negative about the project as a whole. Every era we get some poster who says "What's with all the negativity around here?" It's part of life on the Madonna board. We have high standards, and if this board is "too negative" for some people I would like to know how they function in the outside world which is 10x worse. Y'all need to grow some skin.

things are 1000xs more positive here now than in the months leading up to Hard Candy. I don't always like her singles and I don't really care if I end up liking GMAYL or not. If there is nothing for me on the album then that will be a first, so I'm not really worried or anticipating disapointment.

Who are you boo?

Furthermore, exactly what Nightshade said was that he was excited for the album. Him, stresst? All these capitals indicate you're the one who needs to smoke a joint or get a massage. :wow:

I don't smoke joints, but I could always use a massage. Thanks for clearing that up, I think. Is it too much to ask for people to lighten up? I can agree that the demo isn't exactly mind-boggling, but it's not the end of the world either. If it flops (and I don't think it will), she'll come back fighting. After American Life, we all got Confessions On a Dancefloor.

I'm actually more curious about the video and the Superbowl performance to this song. I think the song is a platform for the performance, a kind of formality, if you will, in order to set the Superbowl's world stage. Besides, she has a 3-album deal with Live Nation/Interscope. There has to be room to grow. This is a new beginning for her, and in this Mother Monster era, she might just be testing the waters for what's to come.

Btw, do people actually refer to her as "our Queen"? Sure, why not? Life is short. Why not do whatever the hell we want? Besides, I mainly say it to piss off the Monster Minions. They're kind of mean.

I generally come here for any M news or developments...as far as I can tell, the accompanying critiques or opinions on here have zero impact or influence on her choices so why would anyone give a f#ck or get overly worked up....have fun with it.

^ Oh, you are so right. Let's keep talking about Janet Jackson and stop talking about Madonna. And of course, let's close all the threads, because no musician, politician, film director or actor is going to read us.

I generally come here for any M news or developments...as far as I can tell, the accompanying critiques or opinions on here have zero impact or influence on her choices so why would anyone give a f#ck or get overly worked up....have fun with it.

roll.gif

Agreed.