One person arrested in my city because of Madonna leaks!!!!!

karbatal

What leaks are they referring to? The ones we just had on Christmas leaks? Masterpiece?

The arrest is referring to the leak of the GMAYL demo in November.

People are assuming the guy arrested is the same guy called Jorge who leaks lots of rare stuff on a Chilean site including all the recent instrumentals.

FYI - downloading files is NOT illegal. We would not get in trouble for downloading them but the person that made them available would. We would be in trouble if we share the files via torrents as we would be making them available for others download which is where the copyright breach comes in.

The question is, how would this guy in Spain get hold of the demo file in the first place????????????

The articles say only about the Give Me All Your Love Demo, not mentioning other titles or not even saying a word about the latest leaks. They didn't say anything about forums nor websites. But as inverstigation is still going on, they might not say everything to the press. The articles also say that the police found a lot of stuff on guy's computer. He was released home, but under the charge, so he's not supposed to leave his domicile.

How the fuck does someone in Spain get demos recorded in the US/UK? Is he/them a hacker too?

He probably paid a lot of money for it, they should arrest Madonna's camp!

Fuck the police, arresting a kid over such a thing.

Meanwhile in Afghanistan........

FYI - downloading files is NOT illegal. We would not get in trouble for downloading them but the person that made them available would. We would be in trouble if we share the files via torrents as we would be making them available for others download which is where the copyright breach comes in.

Downloading files without the accept of the copyright holder is just as illegal as sharing them!

Guest chatty kathy

So it was Jorge after all. Does this mean we've seen the last of the leaks? More important will be finding out who gives/sells them to him?

oh l hope its not him, we have seen alot of stuff that we never would have without him. Still not sure at this stage it is the same person. I dont agree with leaking the new stuff but considering Madonna and camp have not even released the RIT tour l am very grateful to whoever shares the older classics and demos.

Also think they should look at demo secuity rather than chase these people.

shouldve jailed whoever thought the track was a good idea

:lol:

I'm still praying the end product is much better.

And why doesn't Madonna jail herself? She left her damn window open last summer.

Wow! It looks like Madonna isn't playing games.She's seriously pissed about this leak.

He's a thief of demos

What will happen to the thief of demos

What he does is a crime

He's a thief of demos

Someone please arrest her

He's a thief of demos

No one ever takes what's mine

Which leg do you want me to break?

:americanlife:

He's a thief of demos

What will happen to the thief of demos

What he does is a crime

He's a thief of demos

Someone please arrest her

He's a thief of demos

No one ever takes what's mine

Which leg do you want me to break?

:americanlife:

:lol::lol:

Guest bluejean

I imagine the only reason they don't mention the other leaks is because they don't want to draw attention to them.

This is good PR really if nothing else for a really average song. Poor guy.

All the recently leaked instrumental files and older demos have also been removed from the original site so people are obviously nervous!

Do you think we may actually miss Warner's now if Universal crack down on the leaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :|

lol, this IS world news. I read about it in the paper today when at the hairdressers - and thought of karbatal. :rotfl::wow:

Did Give It Up do your hair and talk about Batty Fluke and his longing for Kylie to record a CD of opera songs? :wow::manson:

Guest groovyguy

http://popdust.com/2011/12/22/madonna-give-me-all-your-love-leak-arrest/

It may seem quaint in the year 2011 (almost 2012!) for someone to get arrested for posting music to the internet—even Lars Ulrich probably has to scoff at the idea these days—but don’t say that to this Spanish Madonna fan. The thus-unnamed Madge-ite in question saw the police come to his door over his leaking of the demo of Madonna’s “Give Me All Your Love” to the internet, several months ahead of its intended release.

From to the Reuters article on the subject:

The “Madonnaleaks” investigation began after lawyers for the singer — who said in November that she was very upset over the leak — traced the posting to Spain. Police said they found recordings of the song in a search of the suspect’s belongings.

Well, it’s good that Jack Bauer and company are using their international resources on the internet leak of a demo. Now that they’ve cracked this case and that the fan will hopefully be punished to the point where he will no longer be putting gazillionaire pop stars at risk of losing their precious intellectual property, maybe they can resume the investigation of who posted pages from the script of the upcoming Avengers script online, or who broke the story of Chris Paul’s trade to the Clippers a couple hours too early. These are our second amendment rights that we’re protecting here, or something.