Madonna Super Bowl thread continued

Guest groovyguy

FACT: everyone (including myself) on this board are old.

LMFAO appeals to the stupid young generation that love that shart-tastic music. ugghh. as lame as it is...the teeeenies watching it with their hick trucker dad will love it which in turn will give Madonna more exposure to the kids.

Oh, I know that LMFAO is hot with the young crowd these days, but I'd still hope that Madge has better taste and doesn't actually think the act is great. *shrugs*

It's really not going to help anything. Everybody is watching the Superbowl anyway. All these stupid additions. As if these kids don't already know Madonna and dislike her after the whole gaga thing. A select few younger gay men will discover her. That's like 2 but this whole idea that kids will be exposed to her music because she does half her album with Nicki Minaj (who is wearing out after her new video stupid hoe or something premiered last week) and MIA who no one still knows (although she is a good artist.) LMFAO, I just can't even talk about them. It's like Gwar for pop music without a hint of Gwar's entertainment aspect. Unfortunately, we end looking like whiners while Madonna looks desperate to everyone including the younger audience she's trying to attract. (not to say she is.)

.the teeeenies watching it with their hick trucker dad will love it which in turn will give Madonna more exposure to the kids.

Agree with every word you said

Well, poster Dita333 on AbsoluteMadonna is a volunteer for the Super Bowl halftime show. He/She has said they weren't going to spill any details, just deny any false rumors. Here's what they had to say when I asked about LMFAO.

Haven't heard that one. Sounds absurd to me. LMFAO is playing in Indy in one show I know of before the super bowl.

Which is great news of itself. There was also this:

1st stage crew rehearsal tonight! I am absolutely thrilled at my assignment! Set list rumors incorrect! Not going to tell!

Interesting.

She has a special guest, who could it be, Lady Gaga? :sassy:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4082858/Madonna-news-Singer-reveals-shes-sustained-injuries-to-her-leg-and-nose-preparing-for-Super-Bowl-show.html

Injured Madonna is a trouper at premiere

HARD-WORKING Madonna has revealed she injured her leg and nose preparing for her Super Bowl show next weekend.

Chatting at the New York premiere of her new movie W.E. Madge turned her attention to the forthcoming performance project.

She vowed the gig will be "the greatest show on Earth" and a "very exciting guest" will join her on stage.

Madonna, whose latest film has been slated by critics, said: "I think if you're not passionate about something I don't think you should really do it.

"It's that passion and commitment that gets you through the hard times.

"I'm going to dance and sing my butt off for the Super Bowl. I'm working so so hard on it.

"I have a pulled hamstring right now. And I have a little red dot on my nose where I wounded myself with my microphone."

Madonna, who also gave her hands a rare airing at the premiere, added: "I want to keep the show a surprise but I do have a very very exciting guest — but I don't want to say who."

Madonna said she would have "12 minutes and 40 seconds to put on the greatest show on earth".

The star is currently dating toyboy dancer Brahim Zaibat, 24, who is expected to make an appearance during her show.

lady gag will flip when the final product turns out to be as good as the queen hyped, unlike flop this way.

It's really not going to help anything. Everybody is watching the Superbowl anyway. All these stupid additions. As if these kids don't already know Madonna and dislike her after the whole gaga thing. A select few younger gay men will discover her. That's like 2 but this whole idea that kids will be exposed to her music because she does half her album with Nicki Minaj (who is wearing out after her new video stupid hoe or something premiered last week) and MIA who no one still knows (although she is a good artist.) LMFAO, I just can't even talk about them. It's like Gwar for pop music without a hint of Gwar's entertainment aspect. Unfortunately, we end looking like whiners while Madonna looks desperate to everyone including the younger audience she's trying to attract. (not to say she is.)

I think it could be an inspired choice to have LMFAO. I assume it would be a mix like Fedde Le Grande mix of Music. I think Madonna is at the stage in her career where she is so established, people will like her again if she puts in a great performance. She has a great back catalogue and if it's fun and exciting she can get the party going.

I love the LMFAO 'Sexy and I Know It' in a so bad it's good. The video is fun and that's just what the world needs in these miserable times. This could bring her back in from the cold that was 'American Life'.

LMFAO appeals to the stupid young generation that love that shart-tastic music. ugghh. as lame as it is...the teeeenies watching it with their hick trucker dad will love it which in turn will give Madonna more exposure to the kids.

No, i'm not old AT ALL, i'm 22 :lmao:

Guest Lovesong

Well, poster Dita333 on AbsoluteMadonna is a volunteer for the Super Bowl halftime show. He/She has said they weren't going to spill any details, just deny any false rumors. Here's what they had to say when I asked about LMFAO.

Which is great news of itself. There was also this:

Interesting.

Thanks for posting, sounds interesting!

I just can't believe Madonna would perform with LMFAO that would be one of the most desperate things she has ever done. :lmao:

So it seems like it's not true! I'm glad! hopefully we'll get another hint soon!

So,it looks like all of the setlist rumors are incorrect.I'm gonna make a few predictions on what the real setlist will look like.I think some surprises are in store....

*"4 Minutes" will be performed,but not as a duet

*Madonna will do a cover of someone else's song

*"La Isla Bonita" is one of the songs on the setlist and the performance will be very similiar to the Confessions Tour version.

*"GMAYL" will be performed as part of a medley with an old Madonna classic

Guest groovyguy

MADONNA is “bringing gay to the Super Bowl.” That’s what we overheard one of her dancers say at the premiere party for Her Madgesty’s “W.E.” at Top of the Standard on Monday night.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/madonna-treat-super-bowl-a-gay-old-time-claims-dancers-article-1.1011346#ixzz1kTUj0H8Z

Madonna may treat the Super Bowl to a gay old time, claims one of her dancers

MADONNA is “bringing gay to the Super Bowl.” That’s what we overheard one of her dancers say at the premiere party for Her Madgesty’s “W.E.” at Top of the Standard on Monday night. On the red carpet, Madonna told us she’s “extremely nervous” about the big game, but looking forward to singing her new song, “Give Me All Your Love,” and some “oldies but goodies.”

----------

http://drownedmadonna.com/index/item/468-madonna-bringing-gay-to-the-super-bowl.html

Someway, this news enforce rumours that some of the members of New York's House of Ninja may perform a very intense choreography of Vogue along with Madonna and her dancers, as well as rumours that the Indianapolis Men's Gay Chorus may perform with Madonna.

Guest groovyguy

http://drownedmadonna.com/index/item/467-madonna-teases-pom-poms-for-super-bowl.html

MTV News caught up with Madonna at the New York premiere of her film, W.E. and asked her whether M.I.A. and Nicky Minaj will join her at the Super Bowl. "I am not saying 'Yes,' and I am not saying 'No,'" Madonna replied.

The only tease she wanted to give was, "Pom poms. That's all I can tell you."

Madonna vous fait gagner des places pour son live au SUPERBOWL avec NRJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A1GKpbu3QU&feature=share

OMG This is the final proff that the leaked demo IS the FINAL thing minus MIA and NMinaj! :wow:

The first promo for the new single! YAY! :D

Guest groovyguy

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1677849/madonna-super-bowl-xlvi-halftime.jhtml

Madonna Teases 'Pom Poms' For Super Bowl, New Video

'Give Me All Your Luvin' collaborators Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. might join halftime show, Queen of Pop tells MTV News.

Madonna is nearing both the release of her "Give Me All Your Luvin" music video, as well as her highly anticipated Super Bowl halftime performance. And it seems that these two milestones will have a few things in common.

First off, there's a good chance Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. will not only play parts in the video for the first single off Madge's M.D.N.A. release, dropping later this year, but as heavily speculated, they might take the stage with the Queen of Pop during the February 5 halftime show.

In true Madonna fashion, when MTV News caught up with her at the New York premiere of her film, "W.E.," she played it cool regarding rumors about the performance. Asked whether the ladies will join her at the Super Bowl, she coyly responded, "I am not saying 'Yes,' and I am not saying 'No.' " The only tease she wanted to give was, "Pom poms. That's all I can tell you."

When Madonna takes the halftime stage next month, her performance will be "imagined" by Cirque du Soleil and Madonna's longtime choreographer and creative director Jamie King. According to reports, the set list for the show will include "Luvin" as well as the Madonna classics "Ray of Light," Vogue" and "Music."

Of course, fans won't find the theme a far stretch for the Michigan native, who was a cheerleader back in her high school days. "I have eight minutes to set up my stage, 12 minutes to put on the greatest show on earth, and I have seven minutes to take it down so that football field is clean for the second half of the game," she told ABC News about the performance. "That's the challenge. How do you do that? I actually wanted to have 100 drummers come from the ceiling, a drumline from the ceiling."

So, what else will the Super Bowl show and her Megaforce-directed clip have in common? Madge simply told us, laughing, "Pom poms."

The video was shot in December with both Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. on set. The already buzzed-about shoot made headlines after Minaj tweeted that the icon had kissed her.

Guest groovyguy

Best tweet of the day:

danielnardicio @danielnardicio

Im excited to see the Giants and the Patriots open for Madonna at this year's superbowl.

the set list for the show will include "Luvin" as well as the Madonna classics "Ray of Light," Vogue" and "Music."

leaving out Like A Prayer in such a big event like the SuperBowl is sacrilege :rant:

I saw Gayle King (Oprah's best friend and host of CBS this morning) was on the Red carpet for "W.E" in New York so I asked her a question on twitter...

KONRADKASPAREK K.

@GayleKing how did you like MADONNA's movie? are you excited for MADONNA at the SUPERBOWL?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 Jan Favorite Reply Delete in reply to ↑

@GayleKing

Gayle King @KONRADKASPAREK can't wait to see madonna at superbowl she will kill it!

17 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Unfavorite Retweet Reply

Thought i'd share...........