Madonna Super Bowl thread continued

Guest groovyguy

"U and Ur Hand" revitalized Pink's album, and then the label re-released "Who Knew." It really wasn't one performance that reignited the album.

"Celebration" couldn't rechart on the Hot 100, anyhow, as it's an "old" song- only if repromoted or something (which is not going to happen). Still hoping that "Holiday' is one of the songs performed.

I'm actually surprised the song didn't do so well in the U.S. because it seems a lot of songs by other artists have that same RAVE sound now, and have been quite successful.

Apparently, the fans don't like it because it sounds outdated (as if it were from the early 90s). I personally loved it from the beginning and I even predicted it would be nominated for a Grammy (which indeed happened) cause it's such good dance song!

As for the song's low charting in the U.S. I guess it may have something to do with little or lack of promotion.

^You are aware that being nominated for a Grammy doesn't necessarily mean something's an outstanding work, yes? :p

As for its U.S. performance, it just wasn't that great a track- by Madonna standards- and the video certainly did nothing to help it. Plus, it was from a compilation, which doesn't elicit much excitement these days (except, perhaps, if it's an act's first compilation).

Apparently, the fans don't like it because it sounds outdated (as if it were from the early 90s). I personally loved it from the beginning and I even predicted it would be nominated for a Grammy (which indeed happened) cause it's such good dance song!

As for the song's low charting in the U.S. I guess it may have something to do with little or lack of promotion.

Totally agree... well, not sure about it being nominated for a GRAMMY, but it seem to be a new updated homage to her HOLIDAY/WHERE'S THE PARTY/MUSIC theme. I also like new version they released as a single with AKON. Obviously that was a ploy to get radio airplay.

^You are aware that being nominated for a Grammy doesn't necessarily mean something's an outstanding work, yes? :p

I am.

But the Best Dance Recording category is not necessarily about the artistic quality of a dance song (as it probably should be), but I think it's more about how danceable a song is and many of the winners and nominees in this category fit that description (imho).

And considering the fact that the song was so badly promoted in the States, it's surprising that the voters even heard it, so there must've been somthing (valuable) about it.

man some things NEVER change!!! you can feel the excitement and anticipation build EVERYWHERE, ...prepare to be TRULY entertained .....new era, new look, new music, new performances, new videos..ahhh its great to be a fan!!!

man some things NEVER change!!! you can feel the excitement and anticipation build EVERYWHERE, ...prepare to be TRULY entertained .....new era, new look, new music, new performances, new videos..ahhh its great to be a fan!!!

Yeah, I know ! I can`t wait anymore :fag: oh, and you forgot new movie ! :thumbsup:

After so many years as a fan it`s really a gift that she still delivers :thumbsup::dramatic::clap::bow:

Guest groovyguy

It's smaller than SuperBowl venue from last year?

Lucas Oil Stadium - capacity of 70,000

Last year, the actual attendance was 103,219 at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas

Guest groovyguy

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/46/events/halftime-show

Bridgestone Super Bowl XLVI Halftime Show

Madonna, a multi Grammy Award-winning Universal Records recording artist, will perform in the Bridgestone Super Bowl XLVI Halftime Show on NBC on Sunday, Feb. 5, at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

event-cp-1.jpg

Madonna performs live

The Bridgestone Super Bowl halftime show is the most-watched musical event of the year. More than 162 million viewers in the U.S. watched last year's show. The Super Bowl and halftime show will be broadcast worldwide.

Madonna joins an esteemed list of recent halftime acts that includes The Black Eyed Peas, The Who, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Prince, the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and U2.

A world class entertainer, singer, songwriter, producer, director, and video visionary, Madonna has sold more than 300 million records in the course of her three-decade career as The Material Girl. She is a Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee. Her last tour was the most successful tour by a solo artist in history. Madonna is currently in the recording studio working on a new album scheduled to be released next year. Her new film W.E., which she directed, wrote and produced, is opening in a limited one-week release Dec. 9 in Los Angeles and will open nationally on Feb. 3, two days prior to Super Bowl XLVI.

This year marks the fifth time Bridgestone Americas has sponsored the Super Bowl halftime show. The tire company's new brand campaign, fittingly titled "Time to Perform," will debut during the game.

Actually, the song did peak at #71 in the U.S. Top 100. But I agree, old songs that may not have had a good run the first time around, could come back and do much better whether it's a performance or re-released. I keep thinking of P!nk's "I'm Not Dead" album. It tanked at first. It took nearly a year before the album gained any interest. I believe it was due to a performance P!nk did at the Grammys (??). Then the album rebounded, and produce a number of big hits. I'm not saying this is going to happen with "Celebration", but I believe the SuperBowl performance will be global (even though it's a U.S. event). So who knows what could happen?

I'm actually surprised the song didn't do so well in the U.S. because it seems a lot of songs by other artists have that same RAVE sound now, and have been quite successful.

"Celebration" didn't do that well in the U.S. due to Madonna's age. It's discrimination at radio. As for P!nk, "Stupid Girls" made the U.S. Top 20, but "Who Knew" bombed in the U.S. as the 2nd single. SonyBMG worked "U + Ur Hand" at U.S. radio as the 3rd single over the course of several months. It gradually climbed into the U.S. Top Ten and is credited for reviving the otherwise dead album in the U.S. "Who Knew" was then re-released and made the U.S. Top Ten, spurring further sales for "I'm Not Dead". P!nk did perform "Who Knew" on "American Idol" (the show wouldn't allow "U + Ur Hand" without her altering the lyrics), perhaps contributing to the sales boost for the album as well.

"U and Ur Hand" revitalized Pink's album, and then the label re-released "Who Knew." It really wasn't one performance that reignited the album.

"Celebration" couldn't rechart on the Hot 100, anyhow, as it's an "old" song- only if repromoted or something (which is not going to happen). Still hoping that "Holiday' is one of the songs performed.

Yes I would enjoy Holiday and so would many of the casual US fans. If she were to do Vogue would it be an S&S version or a totally new version. I can't imagine it being an RT type of performance!

Guest groovyguy

http://www.virginradio.fr/#/Evenements/SPECIAL-MADONNA-Assistez-au-concert-de-Madonna-a-Indianapolis-a-l-occasion-du-Superbowl

SPÉCIAL MADONNA - Assistez au concert de Madonna à Indianapolis à l'occasion du Superbowl !

SPECIAL-MADONNA-Assistez-au-concert-de-Madonna-a-Indianapolis-a-l-occasion-du-Superbowl_evenement_full.jpg

Du 9 au 13 janvier, Virgin Radio vous offre la plus grande star au monde... A l'occasion de son come-back au Super Bowl, assistez au concert de Madonna à Indianapolis. Toutes les infos pour participer en cliquant ici ...

C’est la plus grande artiste pop de tous les temps ! Elle est de retour... Êtes-vous prêts? Cette semaine, Virgin radio vous offre Madonna !!

Elle fera son come-back événement le 5 février pour la mi-temps du Super Bowl 2012 aux États-Unis ! ! !

Un show spectaculaire avec plus de 100 millions de téléspectateurs pour suivre la finale du championnat de football américain.... Grâce à Virgin Radio vous

allez le vivre en LIVE !!!!

Cette semaine, inscrivez-vous au 71500 (0,50 + prix d'un SMS) code "MAXX" et partez assister au concert de Super Bowl d'Indianapolis aux États-Unis avec le concert de

Madonna pour vous et la personne de votre choix.

Madonna, au Super Bowl d'Indianapolis - Un rendez-vous unique !

Virgin Radio, Un Maxx de Tubes !

SPECIAL : MADONNA – Watch Madonna at the Superbowl in Indianapolis!

From January 9th to 13th , Virgin Radio offers you the chance to see the biggest star of the world, Madonna's Half-time show at the Superbowl in Indianapolis. For all the information to participate, click here..

She is the biggest pop artist of all times! She has returned... Are you ready? This week, Virgin radio offers you Madonna!!

She will peform at the Superbowl event for the Half-time show on February 5 in the the United States! ! ! A spectacular show with more than 100 million viewers to follow the final championship of American soccer. ... Thanks to Virgin Radio you will have the chance to see it LIVE!!!!

This week, you must register with the 71500 (0,50 + price of a SMS) code "MAXX" for the half-time show at the Superbowl in Indianapolis in the United States for you and the person of your choice to see Madonna.

Madonna at the Superbowl in Indianapolis - A unique chance.

Guest bluejean

I don't blame her for having guests, probably eases her nerves a bit.

Do you think that has anything to do with it?

I think its more about giving the performance greater appeal.

I don't blame her for having guests, probably eases her nerves a bit.

Exactly.We have to remember that this won't be her usual audience.She's gonna be performing for many people who would never go to a Madonna concert.That's got to make her a little nervous.Bringing in a few guests takes some of the pressure off her.

Guest bluejean

Exactly.We have to remember that this won't be her usual audience.She's gonna be performing for many people who would never go to a Madonna concert.That's got to make her a little nervous.Bringing in a few guests takes some of the pressure off her.

Maybe its the organisers who wanted her to have those special guests?

I remember Prince did afew covers when he did the Superbowl, which seemed quite unusual to me considering the size of his own back catalogue. The same with Black Eyed Peas doing Sweet Child O Mine with Slash, that was blatantly geared toward that audience.

As well as promoting her (hideous) new single, I think the Superbowl should be used as a reminder of how awesome Madonna has been. She should perform her biggest, most memorable hits with a fantastic stage show to prove to doubters and those who've not really listened to her stuff for a long timer that she still has the potential to be a powerhouse in the world of pop.

groovy, that first item you posted was from last year. :p

There should be bumpers and in-store stuff touting Madonna as the halftime performer, shouldn't there? I remember reading that was the case with other halftime performers.

Guest bluejean

As well as promoting her (hideous) new single

*squeals in a whiny voice* It's only a DEMO!!! Let's wait until we hear the final thing before we judge it :lmao:

Sounds almost as good as:

Time goes by so slowly for those who wait, no time to hesitate

Every little thing that you say or so, I'm hung up, I'm hung up on you

I can't keep on waiting for you, I know that you're still hesi-tate-ing

:demonic:

Something tells me I may end up loving this track once I hear it. When there are this many things to laugh about, it's gotta be epic. (like the "Music" lyrics when they first hit)