New Promo Pic (FAN-MADE!)

ChaunceyD

darn and i thought i was giving some breaking news! haha i should have known better

I cant believe that...

A) This image has people fooled

B) People would be ok with Madonna (A 53 year old woman) dressed a teenager in a promo shot for her new single

Am I the only person who finds this image absolutely psychotic?

It had me fooled and yes it's psychotic ! hahaha I liked it for like 3 seconds and then thought Oh-Oh she ain't going to get away with it.

We need a classier kind of Madonna I think .

I cant believe that...

A) This image has people fooled

B) People would be ok with Madonna (A 53 year old woman) dressed a teenager in a promo shot for her new single

Am I the only person who finds this image absolutely psychotic?

Why can't people be okay with it? It's just an image... a part... a character. Toni Basil was 39/40 when she rose to fame with her international hit "Hey Mickey", sporting cheers and a cheerleader outfit. It really is no different. We've seen many other 30 something entertainers sporting the same. Also, Teenagers aren't only Cheerleaders. Cheerleading is a profession and while I will agree in most cases, the profession is mostly made up of under 30 year olds, it doesn't mean Madonna can't morph into a character who is youthful, having fun and dancing.

Oh... and A, I wasn't fooled. And I highly doubt any of the album or promotional shoots will be geared towards a Cheerleader image.

I don't particularly care for the picture or think it's real but I'm so over hearing why she needs to not do this, that and the other because of her AGE. Who cares? Technically she needs to not be a POP STAR period because in theory, it's a young persons game and she in theory is well past her "sell by" date. Say this promo pic were real, how is it any more ridiculous than a 42 year old British accent speaking, London living, making a pop/dance/electronica album and adopting a cowgirl image? I know she used more acoustic guitar on Music but in theory (again) it seems like quite a stretch to base the whole promotional image of the album on that.....but it worked. In fact, it's probably one of her last major "iconic" images....that and the leotard from COADF. Which, I wouldn't exactly call that era "age appropriate" either image wise. All of these things were a non issue until she hit the big 5-0 then the rules seemed to change for her, sadly, not just from the general public but from her own fans.

Those who want "convention" from Madonna should look to other pop stars/singers for that. She's never been "age appropriate" nor conventional. Let's face it, Madonna is more likely to be like "Disco Dottie" from the movie 54 than sitting at home baking cookies when she is an actual Grandmother.

I don't particularly care for the picture or think it's real but I'm so over hearing why she needs to not do this, that and the other because of her AGE. Who cares? Technically she needs to not be a POP STAR period because in theory, it's a young persons game and she in theory is well past her "sell by" date. Say this promo pic were real, how is it any more ridiculous than a 42 year old British accent speaking, London living, making a pop/dance/electronica album and adopting a cowgirl image? I know she used more acoustic guitar on Music but in theory (again) it seems like quite a stretch to base the whole promotional image of the album on that.....but it worked. In fact, it's probably one of her last major "iconic" images....that and the leotard from COADF. Which, I wouldn't exactly call that era "age appropriate" either image wise. All of these things were a non issue until she hit the big 5-0 then the rules seemed to change for her, sadly, not just from the general public but from her own fans.

Those who want "convention" from Madonna should look to other pop stars/singers for that. She's never been "age appropriate" nor conventional. Let's face it, Madonna is more likely to be like "Disco Dottie" from the movie 54 than sitting at home baking cookies when she is an actual Grandmother.

I understand and respect that Madonna breaks the mould and does whatever she wants, itÂ’s a big part of why IÂ’m a fan. But taking herself back to her teenage years (Maybe younger given the bedroom), would be a tad too far.

SheÂ’d be practically on Baby Jane territory.

Julie-Allred-_amp_-Bette-Davis-in-Robert-Aldrich_s-WHAT-EVER-HAPPENED-TO-BABY-JANE-_1962_.jpg

I understand and respect that Madonna breaks the mould and does whatever she wants, it’s a big part of why I’m a fan. But taking herself back to her teenage years (Maybe younger given the bedroom), would be a tad too far.

She’d be practically on Baby Jane territory.

Julie-Allred-_amp_-Bette-Davis-in-Robert-Aldrich_s-WHAT-EVER-HAPPENED-TO-BABY-JANE-_1962_.jpg

I don't think it's "Baby Jane" territory if she's not taking herself too seriously. Otherwise she's just playing a character like she always does with her images. To me, it would be "Baby Jane" territory if she threw on the old wedding dress from '84, with all it's accessories and writhed on the Super Bowl stage singing LAV. After all, that's one of our first images of Madonna and her trying to recreate that time in a serious way would be a bit freakish. This "cheerleader" thing though is something she's never done and with her sense of humor, I can't see that she'd be taking herself too seriously with an image like that.

Well I'm sure whatever she does, she will do it well, and pull it off :)

Of course she will! :)

She better!! :americanlife:

:lol:

On a sad side note, when I was googling "Grandma Studio 54" to try and find a picture of Ellen (don't know her last name) in her "Disco Dottie" costume, I couldn't find it. HOWEVER....THIS is the first image that popped up.......

madonna-11-15-11-1.jpg

:(

Baby Jane! This is why the song begins with L-U-V Madonna. The young and the old must love her. You Must Love Me. Seriously you guys are ruining a new era that hasn't shown us all its secrets.

The ONLY thing I hate about these fan made things is that most people see them and go.

"OMG OFFICIAL!"

when it's clearly not :lmao:

I think I've already seen it being passed around on Twitter as official. :scared:

The ONLY thing I hate about these fan made things is that most people see them and go.

"OMG OFFICIAL!"

when it's clearly not :lmao:

I think I've already seen it being passed around on Twitter as official. :scared:

This thing is the first picture that comes on google whem i type 'madonna':

0000000.jpg

:scared::scared::scared::scared:

On a sad side note, when I was googling "Grandma Studio 54" to try and find a picture of Ellen (don't know her last name) in her "Disco Dottie" costume, I couldn't find it. HOWEVER....THIS is the first image that popped up.......

madonna-11-15-11-1.jpg

:(

All I can say... she's one HOT Grandma! She does break the cliche' idea of what a woman her age looks like.

All I can say... she's one HOT Grandma! She does break the cliche' idea of what a woman her age looks like.

Yes she does. It's crazy to think she is now older than Rue McClanahan was when she started portraying Blanche. :wow:

I know that's random but just sayin.... :lol:

Why can't people be okay with it? It's just an image... a part... a character. Toni Basil was 39/40 when she rose to fame with her international hit "Hey Mickey", sporting cheers and a cheerleader outfit. It really is no different. We've seen many other 30 something entertainers sporting the same. Also, Teenagers aren't only Cheerleaders. Cheerleading is a profession and while I will agree in most cases, the profession is mostly made up of under 30 year olds, it doesn't mean Madonna can't morph into a character who is youthful, having fun and dancing.

Oh... and A, I wasn't fooled. And I highly doubt any of the album or promotional shoots will be geared towards a Cheerleader image.

:lmao::lmao: