Madonna Sign With Interscope

Brisy_Boy

She did the right thing.

Freddy was the BEST manager she had ever had in her career!

He was good... but it were different times. Not so sure he would continue to be good later...

He was good... but it were different times. Not so sure he would continue to be good later...

He's not good, he's the best!

Madonna should've listened to him to sell Maverick during its peak.

And of course, he's no longer in the game ever since the digital era kicks in.

Madonna should've listened to him to sell Maverick during its peak.

That's true. If she had, she could have gotten $50 million easy. Instead, she listened to Guy Oseary and the industry tanked. Five years later she had to sue Warner to get $10 million for the label. Not that $10 million is chump change, but she obviously lost a lot of potential income.

Guest italianguy

Based on Interscope's promotion efforts for up and coming artists like LMFAO and established like Gaga U2 and Black Eyes Peas, Madonna will be in good promotional hands.

Also, if Interscope's build up for gaga's Born This Way is any indication then Madonna will get a very nice build up for this release and big budgets for videos.

Edited by italianguy

Madonna will get a very nice build up for this release and big budgets for videos.

I am not sure Interscope is funding those. Madonna will likely be paying for her videos with the larger advances she got from Live Nation for albums. As far as I can tell from this deal, Interscope is just the physical distributor.

• 3 weeks later...

Live Nation is more touring/merchandise they aren't really a proper label.

The deal with Interscope allows a legit record label to promote and release her music.

Yeah, Live Nation can't print CD's and promote the albums. They need a label for that. But, I think Live Nation is going to release all of M's albums online (iTunes, Amazon, etc) because the most recent Shakira song was released by Live Nation, not Sony. Which means that Live Nation can release music, but only online.

photoln.jpg

but Angie is just a personal assistant, right?

she was her manager at one point between Caresse and Guy O.....when Caresse mysteriously went bye-bye.

Caresse got the cut before COADF, correct? Then Angie left sometime after CT since she was having a baby (I think this was in 2007)

We need a timeline, lol.

Caresse got the cut before COADF, correct? Then Angie left sometime after CT since she was having a baby (I think this was in 2007)

We need a timeline, lol.

Yup that is correct. I remember on the CT DVD Angie was listed as her manager....then guy o came in the picture.

Do you know why Caresse left?

Yup that is correct. I remember on the CT DVD Angie was listed as her manager....then guy o came in the picture.

Do you know why Caresse left?

Wasn't the rumor that she was having an affair with one of the Kaballah people?

Caresse started to lose it with American Life, but I thought she did a good job handling the Ray of Light/Music eras.

Wasn't the rumor that she was having an affair with one of the Kaballah people?

Caresse started to lose it with American Life, but I thought she did a good job handling the Ray of Light/Music eras.

bodyguard i think

caresse launched a management company around 2001 or 2002

this may have contributed to the change

Guest bluejean

True.....although still better thana few of em.

Wasn't she really good to the fans giving them free tickets for Reinvention and stuff like that in the pit?

She was also planning a Madonna box set which never saw the light of day.

Didn't she die or was that someone else?

Guest bluejean

Caresse started to lose it with American Life

Really? It was the biggest flop of Madonna's career and she seemed to be trying to find ways to save it. Not sure what she could have done differently?

Wasn't she really good to the fans giving them free tickets for Reinvention and stuff like that in the pit?

Caresse committed suicide in 2010.

Wasn't she really good to the fans giving them free tickets for Reinvention and stuff like that in the pit?She was also planning a Madonna box set which never saw the light of day.Didn't she die or was that someone else?

I would love to see what the initial ideas for this box set could have been. They should have gone ahead and release it, instead we got R&R.

Yea she commited suicide unfortunately.....the what would have been Box Set, the MTV promos (music, re-invention) and such were all her touch.