Madonna accepts for David Bowie (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 1996)

cosmic_system

Guest bluejean

Wow.

I assume it was the 'Diamond Dogs tour' and not the 'Ziggy Stardust' one because I remember her referring to it as the '1984 tour' in another interview.

Guest bluejean

Once, I opened a topic similar months ago with her speech and a picture. The video "leaked" yesterday and I've never seen it before. Happy now? You can go back to the princess section.

Yes, I have never seen this either. Thank you :)

:wow:

And this was her "calming down", and next came ROL, love her natural transitions throughout her career. :clap:

Guest northernlad

Once, I opened a topic similar months ago with her speech and a picture. The video "leaked" yesterday and I've never seen it before. Happy now? You can go back to the princess section.

OH COSMIC, surely you can endure an occassional lighthearted quip over your Bowie fixation? I hadn't seen the video either, thanks for posting.

As for the last bit, I would pop in, but there's NOTHING of interest...

I also can't believe how low that mic was... she is already short and she is still having trouble, wonder about the others...

anyhow, she looks very You'll See, obviously from that era...where was David Bowie back then? He's still alive right?

Awesome. :bow: NBS. I've saw photos from it, but I don't remember the video.. may have seen it once. I remember reading she said he was gorgeous.

So I guess Bowie got instant induction then by the looks of it - rightfully so. I don't think he had chart hits early on in America but he was a huge underground act - and the next year after that Diamond Dogs concert, he had his first #1 when he went r&b with Fame.

And I wish Madonna was more associated with him rather than female pop singers, cause with that speech you can tell how much of an impact on her he made. I thought she'd be younger than 15, she must have hated the suburban Mid West!

• 2 years later...
Guest whatatramp

WOW

I love how she talks about herself by means of anecdote...it makes me relate a lot more than some boring ass speech.

madonna16.jpg

:drama: Sire was such a good label