Madonna 2012 Album: NEWS & UPDATES!

robster

Promote a football game? Do you know how many people watch the Superbowl? The greatest promotion EVER in her career. Her biggest audience EVER!

No one outside the US cares. Its nice that she is doing it but releasing a single FOR it is just too much. If she has better singles to be the lead then why use GAYL? I bet she has better songs.

^She probably does. But, the best songs are not necessarily going to score her a hit. Madonna- at 53- obviously wants to remain commercially relevant to some degree in the USA. And the SB is about as big an outlet as you can get.And she's going to use it to promote a catchy, accessible single (I haven't listened to the demo, but from what I've heard, it is those things).

Guest bluejean

She's too old to do short white hair and not look like a dyke or something. She should keep her hair long and sexy.

I second that. Even in The Girlie Show she looked old and dykey.

Madonna and her team should be choosing the second single and filming a video for it too.Nowadays,many artists come out with *TWO* strong singles before the album is even released.I wanna see some aggressive,effective promotion this time!

You are seriously dreaming if you think they'll be a 2nd single before the album let alone a video shot before the 1st single is even out.

After the 'Give Me A Bucket' leak I'm keeping my expectations low for the success of the album, promotional efforts and simply hoping for some good new Madonna music and an unforgettable tour. I think the latter 2 are the only things we can count on.

Where's the marketing team at? They need to wake up and get things rolling! Madonna and her team should be choosing the second single and filming a video for it too.Nowadays,many artists come out with *TWO* strong singles before the album is even released.I wanna see some aggressive,effective promotion this time!

Madonna is NOT like "many artists".

Chill. It will all unfold when it's time. No need to jump the gun when the single is already going out two months before the album.

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6251

No Nervo for Madonna

Back in September Australian sisters Nervo - who wrote dance-pop hits for David Guetta, Kylie Minogue and more - told music blogger Jon Aliaga that Madonna expressed interest in recording one of their songs for her new album.

Even though it all seemed a natural fit, the track eventually remained in the Nervo realm, as Mim and Liv explained to Glam Adelaide:

"She definitely wanted one of our records, but our label really wanted us to keep the track for ourselves. So it’s our next single! It’s the track we’ve done with Avicii. I think it’s so great that she wanted to work with us, but she let go of the collaboration, and we’re releasing now, so don’t worry, the song will still come to life."

--------

They've recorded a track with Avicii, called 'You're Gonna Love Again' and they've played it a few nights ago, as it's the new single.

So, it's probably this one:

Uhmm haven't we heard this song over a 100 times before recorded by different artists in the last few years. THANK GOD that didn't work out! I really hope this is NOT the sound she's going after for the new album....

I find the lack of marketing a little disturbing. The GAYL single is to be released this month and Madonna's camp seems so quiet. Nothing official. The only thing we had was Guy O's tweet on Dec 24th, "I will tweet more.. Next year I will have much more to share.. It will be a busy year!" I hope the next year he's talking about is not 2013! Gosh, there was such a huge hype before Hung Up with the Motorola campaign being the "viral". What's up with her marketing team? It's almost like she never left Warner.

Unfortunately she hasn't left Oseary as well yet

It's almost like she never left Warner.

Guy Oseary is still CEO of Maverick, a Warner subsidiary. So in some ways, M still has close ties with Warner, like it or not.

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6251

"She definitely wanted one of our records, but our label really wanted us to keep the track for ourselves. So it’s our next single! It’s the track we’ve done with Avicii. I think it’s so great that she wanted to work with us, but she let go of the collaboration, and we’re releasing now, so don’t worry, the song will still come to life."

--------

They've recorded a track with Avicii, called 'You're Gonna Love Again' and they've played it a few nights ago, as it's the new single.

So, it's probably this one:

Sounds like everything else on the radio now. It's like she did the dance-electro thing starting with ROL till HC when american radio stations were playing hip-hop/r&b. I feel like she needs to adopt a new sound and stay ahead of the game when EVERYONE else is catching up to her now. Stay away from guetta fist pumping music. Now is the time to work with aphex twin, sbtrkt, james blake, or noisia.

If the album does come out around March 25th (as the latest rumors have suggested), I could see a second single launching the record as GMAYL is likely going to be released by the end of January. However, that would be a different approach for Madonna than she has used before. Previously, she dumped virtually everything into the first single for a huge opening week and then gave modest (to very little) support to subsequent singles.

I wouldn't worry about things being quiet. I think they will explode soon enough.

Guest groovyguy

If the album does come out around March 25th (as the latest rumors have suggested), I could see a second single launching the record as GMAYL is likely going to be released by the end of January. However, that would be a different approach for Madonna than she has used before. Previously, she dumped virtually everything into the first single for a huge opening week and then gave modest (to very little) support to subsequent singles.

I wouldn't worry about things being quiet. I think they will explode soon enough.

I hear ya. The calm before the storm! Just that this waiting is killing. Time goes by. So slowly. Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

Sounds like everything else on the radio now. It's like she did the dance-electro thing starting with ROL till HC when american radio stations were playing hip-hop/r&b. I feel like she needs to adopt a new sound and stay ahead of the game when EVERYONE else is catching up to her now. Stay away from guetta fist pumping music. Now is the time to work with aphex twin, sbtrkt, james blake, or noisia.

Not aphex twin please. :grr:

She's doing the Graham Norton show on 14th January. I expect things will start up around then. Perhaps a sneaky clip of the video. There really is no point revealing things too far in advance if you can't buy anything. It's best to start the hype when the product is available. And by doing nothing she's hyping the project. Look at the buzz on the boards in anticipation. However, I am expecting Pete Tong to play a remix soon as he has been known to be the first to play her songs on quite a few occasions.

She's doing the Graham Norton show on 14th January. I expect things will start up around then. Perhaps a sneaky clip of the video. There really is no point revealing things too far in advance if you can't buy anything. It's best to start the hype when the product is available.

:thumbsup:

Guest bluejean

Yes and considering the first single leaked and killed alot of that anticipation they are wise to keep it quiet until last minute.

I'm trying to compare it to other album releases to get an idea of when we should hear more. But I can't really recall when what info came. The fact is we already have info about the video being shot, the video director etc. They've never shot a video that far in advance.

Didn't "Live To Tell" and "Papa Don't Preach" were both released before the album "True Blue"?

Or am I making a confusion here...

Yes and considering the first single leaked and killed alot of that anticipation they are wise to keep it quiet until last minute.

I'm trying to compare it to other album releases to get an idea of when we should hear more. But I can't really recall when what info came. The fact is we already have info about the video being shot, the video director etc. They've never shot a video that far in advance.

Actually, most videos are shot one or two months in advance including Madonna's. I suspect if the single comes out later this month, it will soon follow. Also, Madonna shot "Music" months in advance... due to be pregnant with Rocco!

Didn't "Live To Tell" and "Papa Don't Preach" were both released before the album "True Blue"?

And yes, "Live to Tell" was released in March of '86, but "Papa Don't Preach" was released in June '86 coinciding with the album release that same month. Keeping in mind, "Live To Tell" was being featured in AT CLOSE RANGE that was released before the album.

That is true. However, I think that had more to do with promoting Sean's film than her album.

DrownedMadonna.com heard some more juicy news on Madonna's new album and the first single.

Martin Solveig did an alternate single mix, a dub and a club mix of Madonna's Gimme All Your Luvin. While both Stuart Price and William Orbit have mixes with Madonna-only vocals, though no confirmation of release has been given yet.

We also learnt that William Orbit has several mixes of the tracks from Madonna's new album, but it is still unknown which ones will be released.

The album is definitely her best according to our sources. It's described as a combination of Ray of Light and Music, only better. There are lots of beats in every track, even the ballads have bass!

A press release with album and single info - including remixes and single artwork - will be out soon, tentatively on the week of the 16th.

The Digital Download of the "Single Version" of Gimme All Your Luvin will be made available the same day as radio date.

Last but not least, as for now, DrownedMadonna.com has been told that William Orbit has a new remix of Madonna's Ray Of Light, but we can not say to what purpose.

http://drownedmadonna.com/index/item/386-madonna-new-album-and-single-more-details.html

I couldn't possibly be more thrilled about the Madonna-only vocals edit of Give Me All Your Luvin' ...I'm still skeptical about "best album" and comparing it to Ray of Light and Music but I hope it's true nonetheless. New Ray of Light? That sounds cool.

The Digital Download of the "Single Version" of Gimme All Your Luvin will be made available the same day as radio date

if this is true ,her team is stupid

She has always done that. It seems to be the norm.

However, if they had waited 2 weeks to release "4 Minutes" to iTunes, she'd prob would have had her 13th number one.

The album is definitely her best according to our sources. It's described as a combination of Ray of Light and Music, only better.

:boring:

these sites really need to tone down the exaggerations

She has always done that. It seems to be the norm.

However, if they had waited 2 weeks to release "4 Minutes" to iTunes, she'd prob would have had her 13th number one.

Yeah... too bad it peaked at #03...

She will probably get it anyway this time. ;)

Releasing it 1 week before going to present the song at SuperBowl and having Niki and MIA with her will certainly make the trick.

Radio will almost certainly play her this time because of the pack, SuperBowl and the radio absence of almost 4 years.

To help all this the SuperBowl hype will certainly make the downloads go very high!

This will be Madonna 13th #01 Hit in US for sure! :thumbsup:

:boring:

these sites really need to tone down the exaggerations

They are only reporting what their sources told them ;-)