Madonna 2012 Album: NEWS & UPDATES!

robster

exactly. GMAYL can be a hit too.

:lol: whatever you say...I am still hopefully the demo is not the final product. However, if we have heard basically what is coming out (minus the extra ladies) I bet it doesn't sell 3 million digital copies in the U.S.

Sorry, I have heard the demo and the addition of the rappers just turns me off completely.

This is not we ordered. I thought with Orbit on board she would have left all the urban

stuff behind and concentrated on giving us some quality pop songs. Instead it sounds

like she is trying to compete with the younger crowd. She is starting to look desperate

which makes me really sad. How can one of the greatest pop stars that ever lived be reduced

to churning out such mediocre tracks - Celebration, Revolver and now GMYAL?

Seriously if anyone else was singing the track would we even be discussing it?

She really does need to hire some decent songwriters.

1. Orbit and duets/rappers/urban: one doesn't automatically exclude the other in order to have a good final product

2. Don't be sad for Madonna. Judging by the look of her music career in the past 10 years alone both critically and

commercially, Madonna mustn't feel very desperate. After 30 years as one of the biggest celebrities on the planet

(11 studio albums and three greatest hits, the biggest tour ever for a solo artist a couple of years ago, major back

to back fashion campaigns at 50) four years without new music, focusing on another film which would predictably receive

mixed reactions or Joanne Germanotta being on radio is hardly material to cause desperation. Anyone claiming the

contrary has other reasons to criticize ...

Sorry, I have heard the demo and the addition of the rappers just turns me off completely.

This is not we ordered. I thought with Orbit on board she would have left all the urban

stuff behind and concentrated on giving us some quality pop songs. Instead it sounds

like she is trying to compete with the younger crowd. She is starting to look desperate

which makes me really sad. How can one of the greatest pop stars that ever lived be reduced

to churning out such mediocre tracks - Celebration, Revolver and now GMYAL?

Seriously if anyone else was singing the track would we even be discussing it?

She really does need to hire some decent songwriters.

I think the album itself will still be good, or have things on it that we will enjoy. After all, American Life had a terrible FLOP first single and I still enjoyed aspects of that album. Of course, I would prefer a huge comeback like Ray of Light, but if Madonna has lost any of her pop culture instincts and lyric-writing abilities there isn't much anyone can do about it but her.

I think the album itself will still be good, or have things on it that we will enjoy. After all, American Life had a terrible FLOP first single and I still enjoyed aspects of that album. Of course, I would prefer a huge comeback like Ray of Light, but if Madonna has lost any of her pop culture instincts and lyric-writing abilities there isn't much anyone can do about it but her.

:thumbsup:

http://canadianblogs.net/lady-gaga-most-overrated-madonna-most-anticipated-%E2%80%98billboard%E2%80%99-readers-poll

Madonna Most Anticipated: ‘Billboard’ Readers Poll

Meanwhile, Madonna edged out Nicki Minaj and the reunited No Doubt for Most Anticipated 2012 Album. The Material Girl’s brand new label deal with Interscope, home of Gaga, Eminem and U2, to name a few, was announced this week. And as for that anticipated album, it’s due out in March, and will be preceded by the arrival of both lead single “Gimme All Your Luvin” in late January and Madge’s Super Bowl halftime performance on February 5.

Madonna’s upcoming directorial effort W.E. (in theaters February 3) also earned two Golden Globe nominations yesterday, including one for the multi-talented performer’s ballad “Masterpiece”.

See the full results here.

of course

Sorry but I cannot take a poll seriously where Britney wins best tour :lmao:

she should have won in the best *not moving and definitely not singing* tour category

much like someone else whose name is not likely to come up on Billboard magazine

anyway

Guest bluejean

she should have won in the best *not moving and definitely not singing* tour category

much like someone else whose name is not likely to come up on Billboard magazine

anyway

But most people think that Kylie sings live :lol:

anyway

she should have won nothing, and it's really pathetic that music in the USA is crap. I can barely even consider femme fatale a comeback. it was a huge lackluster and it just goes to show you the crap Americans like to eat. :thumbsdown:

I'm guessing this is a good sign for Give Me All Your Luvin' lol...i like the song but i'm hoping it's just a promotional push single for the Superbowl etc..

Although I do love Lady Gaga, I'm glad mainstream America is getting over her. She won most overrated? really? overrated is Britney Spears, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Justin Beiber, Katy Perry etc... :rant: garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage ...all of them i tell you!

Gaga uses shock value. That't not overrated. It's just entertainment.

Anyway, so glad Madonna got her little anticipation win. I can't imagine Nicki winning with the same album that's just being rereleased. jesus christ, kids today...

Guest FrozenEyes

2. Don't be sad for Madonna.

I don't believe he's sad for Madonna, if you read it carefully. I believe he's sad for himself because he loves Madonna and questions what is/might be happening to her music.

Oh for goodness sake! If you hadn't noticed by now, Madonna is the most resilient pop star the world has ever seen. She can adapt to anything and is a perceptive and shrewd businesswoman. Harvard business students could learn a thing or two from her. The truth of the matter is, given the fickle nature of audiences in general, no solo pop star has ever lasted this long (into her fifties so far) and stayed at this consistently high level on a global scale.

MJ (God Bless MJ!!) could have done it, but as we all have sadly seen, he was as much a victim of his fame as he was the creator of it. Ditto for Elvis. Prince could have done it, but even though his creative output is still strong, he's lost his relevance in the mainstream. Janet, no offense to her fans (and I love me some old-school Janet), can't stop referring to her holy vagina in every album since "The Velvet Rope". Her recent albums have been a shallow, hollow shell of what it brilliantly used to be. She could definitely have done it. (I'm still holding out for something special from her if she could just leave her damn vagina out of it.)

Don't EVEN get me started on Whitney. Ugh. Now Mariah, she's gonna come back, but let's face it, her amazing voice, some great music, and slammin' body (I'm gay btw.) are all she ever offers up these days. She's not the cultural heavy hitter and live performer that Madonna is. Britney? She could become massively huge (even bigger than Mother Monster I dare say) if she actually tried, but she's been phoning it in for a while now.

Madonna is walking into uncharted territory. How does someone who is also a woman continue to be a global phenomenon well into middle age and beyond? NOBODY else has done it at this level yet. So far, companies and whole corporations are still forking up MILLIONS of dollars (on a 53 year old woman!) to make her star shine bright. Stadiums AND arenas around the world get sold out for her shows. After eleven albums, her next album is the most anticipated one of 2012.

SHE IS WRITING THIS STORY. She's been writing it all along.

Could we all just chill the fuck out? Sit back. Enjoy the music. Go to her shows, and lose ourselves in every blissful moment.

If you hadn't figured it out by now, she knows EXACTLY what she's doing. If you look back at her legacy, she plays every success and every misstep to her advantage. This is still her playground. No matter what happens, she will come out on top in the end. History will repeat itself. It always has.

Oh for goodness sake! If you hadn't noticed by now, Madonna is the most resilient pop star the world has ever seen. She can adapt to anything and is a perceptive and shrewd businesswoman. Harvard business students could learn a thing or two from her. The truth of the matter is, given the fickle nature of audiences in general, no solo pop star has ever lasted this long (into her fifties so far) and stayed at this consistently high level on a global scale.

MJ (God Bless MJ!!) could have done it, but as we all have sadly seen, he was as much a victim of his fame as he was the creator of it. Ditto for Elvis. Prince could have done it, but even though his creative output is still strong, he's lost his relevance in the mainstream. Janet, no offense to her fans (and I love me some old-school Janet), can't stop referring to her holy vagina in every album since "The Velvet Rope". Her recent albums have been a shallow, hollow shell of what it brilliantly used to be. She could definitely have done it. (I'm still holding out for something special from her if she could just leave her damn vagina out of it.)

Don't EVEN get me started on Whitney. Ugh. Now Mariah, she's gonna come back, but let's face it, her amazing voice, some great music, and slammin' body (I'm gay btw.) are all she ever offers up these days. She's not the cultural heavy hitter and live performer that Madonna is. Britney? She could become massively huge (even bigger than Mother Monster I dare say) if she actually tried, but she's been phoning it in for a while now.

Madonna is walking into uncharted territory. How does someone who is also a woman continue to be a global phenomenon well into middle age and beyond? NOBODY else has done it at this level yet. So far, companies and whole corporations are still forking up MILLIONS of dollars (on a 53 year old woman!) to make her star shine bright. Stadiums AND arenas around the world get sold out for her shows. After eleven albums, her next album is the most anticipated one of 2012.

Could we all just chill the fuck out? Sit back. Enjoy the music. Go to her shows, and lose ourselves in every blissful moment.

If you hadn't figured it out by now, she knows EXACTLY what she's doing. If you look back at her legacy, she plays every success and every misstep to her advantage. This is still her playground. No matter what happens, she will come out on top in the end. History will repeat itself. It always has.

Great post! I especially like the part in bold. That's a good point that's often overlooked.

Guest groovyguy

:clap::thumbsup::inlove:

Sorry but I cannot take a poll seriously where Britney wins best tour :lmao:

I agree with that :lmao:

Britney's not singing, dancing or ANYTHING and she won BEST TOUR??? What a total joke. I feel sorry for the majority of her fans who think she's "so talented" :lmao: