Madonna 2012 Album: NEWS & UPDATES!

robster

When everyone is doing the same thing is cliche--when you're doing something that lacks quality or thought its generic.

I see cliche and generic as meaning the same thing. Something can be generic but still good. It doesn't have to mean it's bad or lacks quality.

MADONNA is headed for a perfect timing with GAYL...

She will practically own January and February till the album release in March... It's just so exciting...

Rihanna's WFL would have faded by mid-January... No one else is set to release anything new... Radio just might embrace this new song...

The only competition would be that Set Fire to the Rain song of Adele...

Christina Aguilera is supposed to release a new single on january for her new album too. I don't think she is a competition to M, but the rumours are that is the same producer of Katy Perry and Rihanna so... american radios always look for an excuse to not play Madonna.

Christina Aguilera is supposed to release a new single on january for her new album too. I don't think she is a competition to M, but the rumours are that is the same producer of Katy Perry and Rihanna so... american radios always look for an excuse to not play Madonna.

And if GAYL is exactly like the demo we've heard.. she doesnt have a strong lead single anyway :(

Spears has generic album covers and titles. That's not the same thing as saying she's just a generic pop performer.

Again, this is "opinion".

ANYWAY, back on topic... the new song titles sound interesting. Can't wait to see what really shows up and hear the actual album.

Christina has a better chance at radio than Madonna these days. Not that her single will get played, but it's more likely that Madonna. Let's just hope Interscope really does a push to radio.

If the songs are good who cares if the titles are generic or cliched. Some of her best songs don't exactly have the most imaginative, avante-garde titles....

Burning Up

Angel

Open Your Heart

Cherish

Rescue Me

Rain

Secret

Music

Jump

Has it really come to bitching about song titles of songs we haven't heard yet? Can't we just bitch about the cheeks or Hard Candy AGAIN instead? I'm sure these songs will get slagged plenty after they are heard without us getting a head start on it! :dramatic:

Christina has a better chance at radio than Madonna these days. Not that her single will get played, but it's more likely that Madonna. Let's just hope Interscope really does a push to radio.

I agree. Bionic and it's singles may've flopped but Christina doesn't have the age factor going on. Everybody loves comebacks...they've tore her down now it's about time to bring her up again so they can repeat the cycle. ;) Christina could put out a mediocre single and it would have an easier time getting played than a truly awesome Madonna single at this point....sadly. Ageism sucks. :(

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2011/12/24/madonna-wishes-you-happy-birthday-new-title-track-revealed/

Madonna Wishes you Happy Birthday! – New Title Track Revealed!!

We also revealed that Madonna has collaborated on more than one song with M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj for the upcoming album. They will both feature separately on two different tracks.

Madonnarama sources confirm that one of those duets is called “Birthday Song” and has been produced by William Orbit.

The song has been described to us as a fun, ultra-catchy pop song.

So far we’ve got…

Gimme all your luvin’

Bang Bang

Masterpiece

Girls gone Wild

Turn up the Radio

Birthday Song

"Birthday Song",huh? From reading the descriptions,it seems like this will be a fun,"happy" album and not the serious,deep album that we originally thought (based on early reports).

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2011/12/24/madonna-wishes-you-happy-birthday-new-title-track-revealed/

Madonna Wishes you Happy Birthday! – New Title Track Revealed!!

We also revealed that Madonna has collaborated on more than one song with M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj for the upcoming album. They will both feature separately on two different tracks.

Madonnarama sources confirm that one of those duets is called “Birthday Song” and has been produced by William Orbit.

The song has been described to us as a fun, ultra-catchy pop song.

So far we’ve got…

Gimme all your luvin’

Bang Bang

Masterpiece

Girls gone Wild

Turn up the Radio

Birthday Song

I'm so excited. I wonder if the art direction is going to be pink again.

Gimme all your luvin’

Bang Bang

Masterpiece

Girls gone Wild

Turn up the Radio

Birthday Song

NOT EXCITED BY THOSE TITLES AT ALL.

too safe.

too girli-ish

too midlife crisis vibes...

Agreed.

And it is not about them being generic, it's that they sound lame.

I exaggerated on some of them. Isaac and Devil don't make me wanna throw up but the former is kinda corny and the latter is Justin Twinkerlake ghostwriting for Madonna... total caca (good lyrics though, we can think Madonna for that). The rest are auto-skip though.