Madonna 2012 Album: NEWS & UPDATES!

robster

I think im going to cry. If that thing is the lead single, well, I can honestly say I've never been so disappointed with a Madonna first single in my life. I can't believe I'm saying this. Everything on the HC album sounds better than this, including the "beat goes on" demo, which was actually catchy.

211rxxv.gif

What the fuck is with all you people?

I have not been this excited for a Madonna single since Hung Up, watch this be a massive hit.

Please don't ever work in the record biz. Your artists will starve to death.

Well, if the single is indeed the same version of the demo...I just hope the rest of the album is something really different from it. I'm usually very positive, but that song as the lead single from her first studio album in 4 years is just a let down.

i like it. in my opinion it's cathcy, fresh and it returns somewhat to the beginning of madonna's career with the guitars...it reminds me a bith of gambler, burning up. but then anno 2012, fresh. it's european sounding thank god, not that r/b hard candy kinda sound. we'll wait and see......

The video MUST be a comedy for that song to work. This is not how I was hoping the album launch would happen. And with all the press junket stuff for W.E... it feels very 4 minutes, IABWA, HC, F&W all rolled into the same interview segment circa '08.

I hope I'm wrong.

Sorry but GMAYL is not even in the same league as Frozen, Hung Up or even 4 Minutes.

I hope she has some better tracks up her sleeve.

I agree.I hope that GMAYL is just a "teaser" single and that she'll come back strong with the subsequent singles.

This one's for you horn! ;) I gotta Express myself because I was Born This Way. :D

I can agree it's certainly not her best lead single by any means, but it does seem like something the general public will eat up. If history is anything to go by, it seems the songs Madonna's diehard fans dislike the most are the ones the general public will keep at number one for 7 weeks (see Take A Bow) or make popular enough to be placed alongside Vogue, Like A Prayer, Hung Up as one of the biggest worldwide hits of her career (see 4M). I know it's painful for some of you to see 4 Minutes beside Vogue and Like A Prayer referenced as the same in "status". :) But it's true from a commercial standpoint! That of course didn't make anyone like 4M any better and I'm sure it won't make anyone like GAYL any better but it makes sense to release such an "easy" song as the lead single to draw some casual fans back in.

The song is almost annoyingly catchy. It's not as if it's something hard to digest like the American Life single was. I don't see how it won't catch on one way or another being the first lead single from a Madonna album in 4 years and obviously the involvement of MIA and Nicki (especially), even if they aren't exactly hit machines, they are well known enough that the 3 of them together will pique some interest. Once we see the image that goes with it, the video, the Super Bowl performance....not to mention hear the final version, everything will sort of come together....hopefully....and then some diehards will be back on board. I'd hate to see another 1-2 year forum meltdown like the Hard Candy era. :lol: The rumored descriptions of the other tracks make it seem like they will be very different from GAYL. Isn't Masterpiece also going to be on the album? I mean you can't get too much more opposite from GAYL than that.

The wait for this album is driving me crazy with excitement!! I truly don't know what to expect this time.

Please don't ever work in the record biz. Your artists will starve to death.

Yeah right, and you're no doubt one of those people that loved the dismal American Life album

I'm not alone in thinking it's going to do very well.

My question is why the song is not already out, since it's the same. I was hoping for a "buzz" single and then a second single with the album, like most artists do lately. I don't get this strategy, the song will be already old at the end of january.

The album still has no title. I was told M, Mirror and MADONNA were all being thrown around. 30 years is a long time, new record label, and the first release with Live Nation...why not just MADONNA? This time around the idea was to wait until all artwork was complete before deciding on a title...we don't want Hard Candy/Give It 2 Me round 2. I've been told 19 tracks were recorded, some with producers who haven't been mentioned, and others who have denied their involvement. The project is very secretive. 14-15 are meant for release, with the others possibly being a bonus of some sort. William Orbit is overseeing the main sound, just as Stuart Price did with Confession On A Dance Floor. There are multiple producers, and I've been told that even from that 4 song CD I mentioned earlier, GMAYL is the weakest track of the 4. It is a different sound for Madonna, mainstream and great for a performance...but not her best. The album features all Madonna vocals, including background. There was rumor of Donna and Nicki making an appearance, not true. Orbit has drawn out Madonna's voice similar to that of Ray of Light and Music. Masterpiece is an indication of the vocal production. Only Nicki Minaj is on the album a second time.

Read more: http://drownedmadonna.com/index/item/346-madonna-gimme-all-your-luvin-album-rumors.html#ixzz1gh68TRR8

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

GMAYL is the weakest track of the 4.

Then let's release the weakest song as the lead single! :crazy:

I've noticed the Kesha fans are loving Give Me A Bucket. That's all i'm gonna say about that :rotfl:

if gmayl is the weakest of the 4, why release as lead single even if it's so suitable for superbowl. they should release the strongest track of the album as a single near the date of album release. EXECS, Y U SO DUMB!!!

I can agree it's certainly not her best lead single by any means, but it does seem like something the general public will eat up. If history is anything to go by, it seems the songs Madonna's diehard fans dislike the most are the ones the general public will keep at number one for 7 weeks (see Take A Bow) or make popular enough to be placed alongside Vogue, Like A Prayer, Hung Up as one of the biggest worldwide hits of her career (see 4M). I know it's painful for some of you to see 4 Minutes beside Vogue and Like A Prayer referenced as the same in "status". :) But it's true from a commercial standpoint! That of course didn't make anyone like 4M any better and I'm sure it won't make anyone like GAYL any better but it makes sense to release such an "easy" song as the lead single to draw some casual fans back in.

Whereas those song they like most e.g. WIFLFAG, American Life, Hollywood, Get Together, Celebration etc flopped so badly almost everywhere.

The album still has no title. I was told M, Mirror and MADONNA were all being thrown around. 30 years is a long time, new record label, and the first release with Live Nation...why not just MADONNA? This time around the idea was to wait until all artwork was complete before deciding on a title...we don't want Hard Candy/Give It 2 Me round 2. I've been told 19 tracks were recorded, some with producers who haven't been mentioned, and others who have denied their involvement. The project is very secretive. 14-15 are meant for release, with the others possibly being a bonus of some sort. William Orbit is overseeing the main sound, just as Stuart Price did with Confession On A Dance Floor. There are multiple producers, and I've been told that even from that 4 song CD I mentioned earlier, GMAYL is the weakest track of the 4. It is a different sound for Madonna, mainstream and great for a performance...but not her best. The album features all Madonna vocals, including background. There was rumor of Donna and Nicki making an appearance, not true. Orbit has drawn out Madonna's voice similar to that of Ray of Light and Music. Masterpiece is an indication of the vocal production. Only Nicki Minaj is on the album a second time.

Read more: http://drownedmadonna.com/index/item/346-madonna-gimme-all-your-luvin-album-rumors.html#ixzz1gh68TRR8

She already had an album titled 'Madonna'! Why repeat herself? If she needs help finding a title for the album,she should visit the "Choose an album title" thread that we have in this forum :lol:

I have to admit i'm scared now. I like the demo, i really do but if it's basically the SAME version who will be the official, i think it will be a flop. I hope i'm wrong but i'm still scared.

Although I really don't adore GAYL that much... to say that it is NOT CATCHY is an overstatement... It is CATCHY...

the only thing I hate about it is the tired Orbit sound ala Beautiful Stranger and Amazing...

I have to admit i'm scared now. I like the demo, i really do but if it's basically the SAME version who will be the official, i think it will be a flop. I hope i'm wrong but i'm still scared.

scared also... flopping or not seems like a teenage song

hope for a second single to present the album