MASTERPIECE - full leak!

just!ce

maybe I'm just wrong OR they will have the simple version on the soundtrack and the orchestra version for the new album BECAUSE she knew it would probably leak& originally planned for just the soundtrack and now wants it on the album because it has the William orbit feel. I still hear this version as the demo version everything just sounds clearer. Idk I guess it's the way I'm hearing the instruments. I mean , no doubt the vocals are the same exact take. The instrumental on this version sounds cleaner. If you listen carefully to the LQ clip, you can hear the strings but everything was muffled.

I figured that since we hadn't heard anything about a theme song till quite late that it may have been a late decision after the editing of the film and all that. But who knows. I guess we'll find out what's what later.

I kind of hope this is not the final version, though.

But a clip of the orchestral version in HQ is already out, so I don't understand if this one (the one we have) will be the final or not. The rumour I've heard was that she didn't like the orchestral version very much. I don't know, it sounds amazing but it still sound like a demo to me.

It sounds like a demo to me too and not just because of the lack of mastering. Like some other posters have pointed out it lacks a climax and/or an instrumental bit so its kind of repetitive and drags on towards the end which is quite unusual for a finished Madonna song IMO.

Guest Not4Pussies

The version of Masterpiece that leaked is the final version, not demo.

There’s been some confusion about this and trust me, I’ve been unsure of this too. The two clips I posted here are actually from one of the three demo versions of Masterpiece that collectors have. You can clearly hear REAL and fuller orchestral sounds in the chorus of this ~30 sec snippet. However for some reason, Madonna chose to use synth strings for the final version that will be featured in the soundtrack (and most likely the same form in the album). I’ve asked one of the collectors if he intends to leak this demo version that is orchestral but he said no :(.

it lacks a climax and/or an instrumental bit so its kind of repetitive and drags on towards the end

i agree..it needs a strong bridge + an instrumental bit

the orchestral clip sounds much better

The version of Masterpiece that leaked is the final version, not demo.

However for some reason, Madonna chose to use synth strings for the final version

that's a joke or what? :confused:

Guest IJustFuctMadonna

It's a lovely song, though the autotune is a bit too strong on it. You can really hear the artifacts on some of the lower notes. So annoying that you can hear it on EVERY single fucking song that's release nowadays, even when it's not needed.

Guest groovyguy

G_O_N_E

ALL tracks from the 4 track CD are DEMOS! Nothing is final, nor mastered from that CD... This track has not been mastered, and the result is the distortion. Jorge may easily have the official soundtrack version...this is the demo.

Guest groovyguy

If that was the final version, I guess it's time for ppl to flood Guy O twitter.

And he will say, "Madonna told me her truest fans would never do this".

Guest groovyguy

http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2011/12/05/madonna-masterpiece/

New Song: Madonna, 'Masterpiece'

Getting your hands on a new Madonna ballad is kinda like squeezing your butt into your skinniest skinny jeans or bumping into Justin Bieber in the produce section at Whole Foods. Rare, but if/when it does happen, it's the best effing day of your life.

Madonna's latest creation is titled "Masterpiece" and, without sounding too obvious, it is just that. A slinky ballad led by guitars, the track touches on being in love with someone so great that they can only be compared to a famous, expensive piece of art: "If you were the Mona Lisa/You'd be hanging in the Louvre/Everyone would come to see you/You'd be impossible to move/It seems to me/That's what you are/A rare and priceless work of art." Produced by William Orbit, "Masterpiece" will serve double duty as both a track on Madonna's forthcoming album and a part of the soundtrack to Madonna's second directorial effort, "W.E."

If all this Madonna goodness still isn't enough for you stans, then how about the fact that it's now confirmed that Madge will be performing at the halftime show at Super Bowl XLVI on Feb. 5! Madonna's performance had been the subject of much speculation until Sunday night when the NFL confirmed the halftime gig. Her performance will be "imagined" by Cirque du Soleil and her longtime creative director Jamie King.

A brand-new album, a collaboration with Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., and a Super Bowl gig? It's going to be a very Madonna 2012, guys.

Guest groovyguy

http://madonnaciccone.tumblr.com/

I just need to share this teeny tiny personal anecdote with you guys.

I work part time in a candy shop (mmmhm, C-A-N-D-Y- CANDY SHOP), at my local movie theater. We only play music from movies, and today I blasted the W.E. score and it got a good reaction! People were humming along and they seemed to enjoy it! The same thing always happen when Don’t Cry For Me Argentina, Live to Tell or any of the other Madonna songs I’ve imported onto our iPod comes on shuffle, by the way.