MASTERPIECE - full leak!

just!ce

I am loving this song more and more. The emotion in her voice, the melodies, the orchestration... it's all sublime. Also some of her best lyrics in years... decades maybe? And not really a theme she's explored before either. All around gorgeous song. The ONLY thing I say it's missing is a proper bridge - she could have done something really beautiful, building into a sweeping instrumental break before the final 2 choruses.

But... is this really the most HQ it's going to get? Volume seems low and uneven in places, bass is a little too high...

I am loving this song more and more. The emotion in her voice, the melodies, the orchestration... it's all sublime. Also some of her best lyrics in years... decades maybe? And not really a theme she's explored before either. All around gorgeous song. The ONLY thing I say it's missing is a proper bridge - she could have done something really beautiful, building into a sweeping instrumental break before the final 2 choruses.

But... is this really the most HQ it's going to get? Volume seems low and uneven in places, bass is a little too high...

I agree 100%. The sound is so all over the place IT'S IMPOSSIBLE that this is the final version. The song is gorgeous!

I am so in love with this song. I don't remember the last time I liked a Madonna song this much and I'm listening to a LQ!

True, the song is missing a bridge, or perhaps just a solo violin before the last chorus.

Anyhow, the song is really gorgeous! This deserves a proper single treatment.

Guest groovyguy

http://music-mix.ew.com/2011/12/05/madonna-new-song-masterpiece/

Madonna debuts new song 'Masterpiece' -- and we might like it

Madonna has been off the musical radar for a while, but she’s getting an early start on her expected reign over 2012. She’s officially performing at the Super Bowl, and there’s also a new song called “Masterpiece” that is slated to be included on both her upcoming new album as well as the soundtrack to her film W.E.

The version streaming online sounds a little hollow, but overall “Masterpiece” is an uncluttered presentation that recalls the Material Girl’s outre mid-’90s period, which saw the birth of an eclectic batch of hits like “I’ll Remember” and “Take a Bow.” Both of those songs share a certain vibe with “Masterpiece,” which has the same kind of moody, direct energy and sound. Madge’s voice sounds particularly sharp, without distracting digital correction.

All in all, it’s pretty gorgeous, and quite a ways away from the four-on-the-floor club tracks that have littered her previous two albums Hard Candy and Confessions on a Dance Floor. Give “Masterpiece” a spin here.

What do you think of Madonna’s new single? How does it hold up against her recent work and some of her more classic singles? As stated above, there’s a lot of that Bedtime Stories-era pillow talk in “Masterpiece,” but there’s also a little bit of a nod to that digi-coustic, faux-organic dance stuff that found its way onto Ray of Light and Music. In any event, it seems like Madonna is mining her best work in an effort to move forward, which we totally endorse. If nothing else, it’s a step up from the previously leaked song “Give Me All Your Love,” which was problematic in a number of different ways.

Looks like I'm the only person that is a bit underwhelmed by 'Masterpiece'.

Listened to it twice - and no really urge to listen again - really not liking the hop along beat in the background..

If only she produced a ballad like the new Lana Del Rey song.. Born To Die..

Looks like I'm the only person that is a bit underwhelmed by 'Masterpiece'.

Listened to it twice - and no really urge to listen again - really not liking the hop along beat in the background..

If only she produced a ballad like the new Lana Del Rey song.. Born To Die..

Well, I think it's bland, not even close to her great ballads.

Oh I'm liking the HQ version. One thing though - what's with at 1:10 her cutting off "indestructible" to go on to the next verse. :confused: That will of course be a deliberate choice and not a production mistake, but it's a wee bit awkward.

It's to jump into verse 2 ... I love that bit.

It's pretty great. I was ready to jump ship after "Give Me All Your Love" leaked. "Masterpiece" isn't her greatest -- but it's pretty damn good. I can't believe this is the finished version -- due to the uneven sound others have pointed to -- so here's hoping the finished product is good.

It's pretty great. I was ready to jump ship after "Give Me All Your Love" leaked. "Masterpiece" isn't her greatest -- but it's pretty damn good. I can't believe this is the finished version -- due to the uneven sound others have pointed to -- so here's hoping the finished product is good.

Someone should write a hate letter to Guy Oseary because this songs needs a 'kick up'. Nobody does a song like this anymore except for the Bingo- night crowds in Alaska!

Madonna- Queen of Pop ----------> Queen of Flat!

Someone should write a hate letter to Guy Oseary because this songs needs a 'kick up'. Nobody does a song like this anymore except for the Bingo- night crowds in Alaska!

BU BI.

You're kind of a dumbass

Umm you should mind your own business. Artist are allowed to write and release whatever the hell they want. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. This guy is joke, right?

Umm you should mind your own business. Artist are allowed to write and release whatever the hell they want. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. This guy is joke, right?

Yes he is. Trolling a forum like that can only be a joke. But he's a Gaga fan so it's not a surprise...

I'm hoping that as people see W.E., they'll report here whether the version of "Masterpiece" used in the film is the same as the one that was leaked--or if the film version is a different, more orchestral version. I know that at least one person has suggested that the film version is different and more orchestral, but I wonder if that is just down to the fact that a theatre sound system would naturally make the sound seem fuller and thus apparently different from the version that has leaked.

In any case, I do hope that people who see the film will share their observations about the version of "Masterpiece" that is used therein, especially as it compares to the leaked version.