Nicola Roberts accuses Madonna of copying her in GMAYL

horn

Nicola Roberts accuses Madonna of copying her in Give Me All Your Love

Nicola Roberts has lashed out at Madonna accusing the US diva of copying her after listening to her new leaked single Give Me All Your Love.

By Ann Lee - 9th November, 2011

Cheryl Cole posted a message on her Girls Aloud bandmate's Twitter page saying: 'Imitation is the biggest form of flattery!'

article-1320850929703-0E266CCA00000578-480467_304x456.jpg

Nicola Roberts claims she doesn't like copy-cats

The former X Factor judge is believed to have been referring to Madonna's new song Give Me All Your Love which many music fans claim has been ripped off from Roberts' debut song Beat Of My Drum.

Nicola seemed unimpressed replying: 'Copy-catting has never flattered me..'

Both songs feature cheerleader-style choruses with Madge's track, which is produced by William Orbit, featuring the lyrics: 'L-U-V Madona'.

While on Roberts' song, which peaked at 27 when it was released earlier this year, the chorus goes: 'L.O.V.E/ Dance to the beat of my drum/ Dance to the beat of my drum.'

On Twitter fans rushed to compare the songs with zappomatic saying: 'I like the new Madonna song but a bit of it sounds rather borrowed from Nicola Roberts.'

Peet_tweets tweeted: 'The new Madonna single sounds like its been lifted straight off Nicola Roberts album!'

Charismagic posted: 'New Madonna song kinda sounds like old Nicola Roberts / Gwen Stefani song. "Dance to the beat of my Hollaback Girl!".'

But others rubbished the accusations with TheAdzFactor saying: 'I'm almost 100% sure that Madonna wouldn't look to Nicola Roberts for inspiration! She wants a hit, not a flop!'

Give Me All Your Love is reportedly the lead single from Madonna's forthcoming album and is due out on March 5, 2012.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/881205-nicola-roberts-accuses-madonna-of-copying-her-in-give-me-all-your-love#ixzz1ejs2uoPW

Nicola Roberts Takes Back Madonna 'Copycat' Claims

Probably for the best

By Shaun Kitchener On November 24, 2011

Nicola Roberts has back-tracked on her digs at Madonna's new single, after fans compared it to the Girls Aloud star's solo debut 'Beat Of My Drum'.

The 26-year-old caught the eye of both her and Madonna's fans when she said "copy-catting has never flattered me" in the wake of the song's leak.

Perhaps realising that complaining about the global icon won't do her any favours, Nicola has told Metro: "I hadn’t heard it and I was getting a lot of tweets sort of linking the comparison. I’ve heard it now."

She had previously tweeted: "Some people interpret things to suit them.. Some people, like me, haven't even heard this leaked Madonna song.."

The track, called 'Give Me All Your Love', features an 'L-U-V Madonna' chant similar to that featured in 'Beat Of My Drum'.

Discussing the habit her and her bandmates have of hitting headlines, she added to the paper: "There are times when things feel out of perspective. You have to be prepared for the rough ride.

"That’s just the way it is. I would never try and rebel against it because it would be exhausting."

She has also asserted that Sarah Harding is "good" following her exit from rehab.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/65521/Nicola-Roberts-Takes-Back-Madonna-Copycat-Claims

British pop star addresses Madonna ‘copycat’ rumors

British pop star Nicola Roberts has dismissed reports she accused Madonna of ripping off her music, slamming gossips for spreading the “horrible, nasty and hurtful” rumor.

Fans were quick to compare Madonna’s recently leaked track Give Me All Your Love to Roberts’ solo single Beat of My Drum, as both feature cheerleader-style vocals spelling out the word ‘love’.

Roberts sparked speculation she was upset over the similarity when she Tweeted, “Copy-catting has never flattered me..” after her Girls Aloud bandmate Cheryl Cole sent her the message, “Imitation is the biggest form of flattery!”

But Roberts is adamant she has not yet heard the Material Girl’s song, and is angry that critics have assumed her remark was a catty comment aimed at the superstar.

In a series of posts on Twitter.com, Roberts writes, “Some people are so quick to jump the gun. Some people interpret things to suit them.

“Some people, like me, haven’t even heard this leaked Madonna song. Some people find it SO EASY to say such horrible nasty hurtful words so frivolously.”

– WENN Newsdesk

http://blog.chron.com/celebritybuzz/2011/11/british-pop-star-addresses-madonna-copycat-rumors/

I think it is very big headed of her to think that she is on Madonna's radar or that M has heard any of her stuff. For me that is more insulting to M than the accusation of copying. How full of herself she is.

I think it is very big headed of her to think that she is on Madonna's radar or that M has heard any of her stuff. For me that is more insulting to M than the accusation of copying. How full of herself she is.

:clap:

So if GMAYL's "LUV" copied her BOMD's "L.O.V.E.", what about BOMD's "Take A Bow, & Into The Groove"? :1251:

...Graduation take a bow

See how strong you've made me now

I put on my marchin' boots

I know we can work it out

Let's step into the groove...

Don't people read the follow up posts? Nicole has said she hasn't even heard the song and was not referring to Madonna's leaked song when she tweeted. Why do people insist on twisting what people say into something never said?

Roberts sparked speculation she was upset over the similarity when she Tweeted, “Copy-catting has never flattered me..” after her Girls Aloud bandmate Cheryl Cole sent her the message, “Imitation is the biggest form of flattery!”

But Roberts is adamant she has not yet heard the Material Girl’s song, and is angry that critics have assumed her remark was a catty comment aimed at the superstar.