Do you think M should record music that are age appropriate in the future?

horn

90 members have voted

1. 1. Age appropriate music from M?

• 3 : Absolutely! She's 53yo, not 23yo.
    • 0 - neutral
    • -3 : She can do whatever she wants! Age is just a number!

GMAYL is fun, catchy and has ALL the current popular elements in it.

The only problem is Madonna is too old for this song.

But do you think she should stop making this type of music in the future? or do you think she has total freedom to do whatever she wants? :horn:

* Edited *

* Comment made in 2nd post has been added *

GMAYL is just an example.

Do you think M's future musical direction should stick to something more age appropriate?

I will remain neutral until I hear the finished version and not just a demo. Wasn't Gwen Stefani 40 when she dressed like a cheerleader for Hollaback Girl?

As long as Madonna doesn;t make a stupid video to go along with it, it might just work. But its all about the final mix.

Please describe what age appropriate music would sound like and where do you draw the line? Does it exclude her performing classics which are not age appropriate like Like a Virgin and Papa Dont Preach?

The only thing I would like 2 c at one point in the future is her not choosing a sound as the main songwriting or production premise as in all these 'beat maker/DJ' type producers she's working with but just write songs that r musically more organic.

The only thing I would like 2 c at one point in the future is her not choosing a sound as the main songwriting or production premise as in all these 'beat maker/DJ' type producers she's working with but just write songs that r musically more organic.

We'll get that Joe Henry record someday. Don't worry. :fag:

I hate to be in the minority about this - but - that was actually what I was hoping for after she did Evita, that she would take a more 'adult-oriented' direction, especially with the ballads, etc. Now that MADONNA seems like a different person entirely, I truly miss Madonna the balladeer. Believe me, I'm all for dance-music, but I love what she did on Like A Prayer, it was thoughful and adult-like, also look at Ray Of Light, another brilliant direction...

Madonna should do whatever she wants. Express yourself, don't repress yourself. There's no reason why she has to turn away from the youth direction of today's music market. She could release a ROL style "serious"-adult-mature album but remember you fuckers rejected American Life. Now you're playing for it. Good. I hope she makes a whole bunch of Tranet Jackson throw away tracks for the rest if her career. Go Madonna. Do whatever the fuck you want to do.

Madonna should do whatever she wants. Express yourself, don't repress yourself. There's no reason why she has to turn away from the youth direction of today's music market. She could release a ROL style "serious"-adult-mature album but remember you fuckers rejected American Life. Now you're playing for it. Good. I hope she makes a whole bunch of Tranet Jackson throw away tracks for the rest if her career. Go Madonna. Do whatever the fuck you want to do.

AL was in no way another ROL or LAP for that matter.

Guest bluejean

Music comes from the soul and souls are ageless. I don't see anything wrong with light and fluffy sounding on some tracks providing it is good. There's not alot of difference age wise between 45 and 55 imo, both are classed as old so if she got away with it for 'Hung Up' she can get away with it now as well.

Lyrically, I would prefer more mature themes. But considering this woman is gallivanting around town with young men, it makes sense that she would sing songs that reflect that. With Madonna you always get a mixed bag though, so I don't expect that to change. Even 'Ray Of Light' had its lyrical froth in 'Candy Perfume Girl.'

Image wise, I think she should definitely cover up for this album. Not to say she needs to stay covered up, but it would be a nice change for this album since we've had Madonna in her underwear non stop for the past few albums/tours. She can be sexy without camel toe.

If we consider LAP, ROL and AL to be "age appropriate" works, then honestly I don't think the public nor her diehard fans would accept that kind of album from her every single time she releases music. I know many are hungry for something "mature" from her at this point after COADF and HC but imagine if she had done 2 more AL like albums instead of "dance" albums. After ROL, Music and AL it seemed the public and fans at that point were hungry for some more "classic" Madonna. The Madonna that liked to have fun, dance and party.....aka the one we fell in love with in the 80's.

I think anybody who was a fan following closely during the '98-'03 era would think that she made a permanent shift to "mature artiste" with her music, partly due to her age. In retrospect though that seems to have been just a period of experimentation for her. More often than not in her career Madonna has played the "pop star" role and it seems like that's where she wants to be right now. I do hope in the future we get some more stuff like we got during the '98-'03 years but even if we do get another introspective "mature" era such as that, it can almost be guaranteed that a "Music" or a "Hung Up" isn't far behind, even if Madonna is 70 years old by that point. Well crafted but sometimes "fluffy" dance/pop songs are her roots and I don't think she'll ever completely abandon that because of her age. I don't think she should either. "Hung Up" sounds like the words of a love sick 16 year old so if she can pull that off at 47 years old, why can't she pull something equally as simple yet FABULOUS at any age?? For better or worse she's stretching the life of a female pop star by doing what she's doing. The Britney's, Gaga's and Katy's of the world will be thanking her in 30 years time.

We are talking about an artist here.

If I was to tell her to what I think she should be doing, or what I like to see her doing. Then I really don't know art.

So for me, she could do anything she wants, as long as she isn't hurting anyone, degrading, etc etc etc, I say BRING IT ON!!

Regardless of her age, her preferences, her music, her art...she has every right to explore what she chooses to do. Without the fans trying to impart their "higher than thou knowledge of their wisdom on what Madonna's life and art should be like" If you do not like, don't buy, don't look, don't speak. She is fine with that. Trust.

If we consider LAP, ROL and AL to be "age appropriate" works, then honestly I don't think the public nor her diehard fans would accept that kind of album from her every single time she releases music. I know many are hungry for something "mature" from her at this point after COADF and HC but imagine if she had done 2 more AL like albums instead of "dance" albums. After ROL, Music and AL it seemed the public and fans at that point were hungry for some more "classic" Madonna. The Madonna that liked to have fun, dance and party.....aka the one we fell in love with in the 80's.

I think anybody who was a fan following closely during the '98-'03 era would think that she made a permanent shift to "mature artiste" with her music, partly due to her age. In retrospect though that seems to have been just a period of experimentation for her. More often than not in her career Madonna has played the "pop star" role and it seems like that's where she wants to be right now. I do hope in the future we get some more stuff like we got during the '98-'03 years but even if we do get another introspective "mature" era such as that, it can almost be guaranteed that a "Music" or a "Hung Up" isn't far behind, even if Madonna is 70 years old by that point. Well crafted but sometimes "fluffy" dance/pop songs are her roots and I don't think she'll ever completely abandon that because of her age. I don't think she should either. "Hung Up" sounds like the words of a love sick 16 year old so if she can pull that off at 47 years old, why can't she pull something equally as simple yet FABULOUS at any age?? For better or worse she's stretching the life of a female pop star by doing what she's doing. The Britney's, Gaga's and Katy's of the world will be thanking her in 30 years time.

Perry won't transition. Britney will die. Gaga will still be around as a cult act.

Perry won't transition. Britney will die. Gaga will still be around as a cult act.

:lol:

OK...Willa Smith and Ke$ha will thank her in 30 years time! :)

And Britney is all better now so even if she's not a pop star let's hope she's at least on this earth in 30 years time!! :zombie:

Not necessarily age appropriate but something that doesn't sound like the competition as some say. She's always been cutting edge so when we hear stuff that sounds like something out of Katy Perry's catalog, people tend to freak out. As I said previously I look forward to live performances more than the new music. She tends to bring new life to the songs in live performances.

:thumbsup: Katy Perry is awful. I can tolerate Gaga to an extent and some of her music is catchy. Brittney, well she's trying, but Kesha has to be one of the worst pop acts out there. Thank You Madonna for still producing and performing cause the state of female pop acts is sad.

:thumbsup: Katy Perry is awful. I can tolerate Gaga to an extent and some of her music is catchy. Brittney, well she's trying, but Kesha has to be one of the worst pop acts out there. Thank You Madonna for still producing and performing cause the state of female pop acts is sad.

Agree with this, except the Gaga part....

:manson::(:zombie::scared::gross::|

I am not putting you down in the least bit, you are entitled to what you like. I just don't like Gaga!

Agree with this, except the Gaga part....

:manson::(:zombie::scared::gross::|

I am not putting you down in the least bit, you are entitled to what you like. I just don't like Gaga!

Oh I agree I don't care for her either but out of that list she's the the most tolerable. Katy and Kesha are just nauseating! :zombie::vomit:

Damn right. Disco sucks. :fag:

Like a Prayer was her organic proper music masterpiece. :wow: