Full GMAYL DEMO leak! discussion continued

Apples388

You see, I don't think it's really that catchy.. the hook is very basic and monotone, it's not layered and there aren't different bits to like. This is from the woman who used to give us the best middle 8s in pop, now all we get is "give me all your lovin, give me your lurve" repeated ad nauseam, plus a "don't play the stupid game" guitar strummy bit and an extra shit Britney breakdown to mask the fact they can't find a proper bridge hook.

All it does is make me want to sing "Over and Over" and "Run" (a much better Beautiful Stranger clone that really was good enough for release).

That said, I don't think it's horrible.. I give it a cautious 5 or 6 out of 10. But I could only play it on repeat for a few times before I needed some insulin.

Oh and that cheerleader chant is the most cringeworthy moment in a Madonna song EVER

Yes yes yes. Spot on from beginning to end.

(Except for that part about "Run," which I've never heard.)

The finished version will be kept a secret until it goes on sale in iTunes. I'm sure that the leak was made by Madonna's team just to get some buzz.

But this leak seems to be creating negative buzz, at least among Madonna's core fans, so I don't see how that helps her any.

exactly

I'm sure everyone will get over it once it actually releases (given that its better) , and think back on it as time that we were distracted while waiting...

Still waiting on Guy to answer questions.

Still waiting on Superbowl announcement but like somebody else said, they are probably trying to link it to an official statement about a new tour/album/single.

At least, with or without confirmation, we can guarantee the collaboration & Superbowl at 99% ...

exactly

I'm sure everyone will get over it once it actually releases (given that its better) , and think back on it as time that we were distracted while waiting...

Still waiting on Guy to answer questions.

Still waiting on Superbowl announcement but like somebody else said, they are probably trying to link it to an official statement about a new tour/album/single.

At least, with or without confirmation, we can guarantee the collaboration & Superbowl at 99% ...

Guest groovyguy

But this leak seems to be creating negative buzz, at least among Madonna's core fans, so I don't see how that helps her any.

What is this conclusion based on? Even the poll in Rate the Demo GMAYL @ http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=37659&st= shows differently.

And the poll at Madonnarama shows more than 50% of viewers liking the demo http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2011/11/10/give-me-all-your-love-your-opinion-and-osearys-comments/

At the worst, I would say, a mixed reception of the demo but definitely not the negative buzz that some spin it to be.

Only the fags on here truly HATE it. :lmao: it is pretty highly praised everywhere else.

well the other forums I have been on, and my real life friends and family.

My mom and brother love it, they always ask me to play it :lmao:

Only the fags on here truly HATE it. :lmao: it is pretty highly praised everywhere else.

well the other forums I have been on, and my real life friends and family.

My mom and brother love it, they always ask me to play it :lmao:

Exactly... everyone I know did like it and found it very catchy... I still have to meet anyone that didn't like it. I put it on my facebook and got realy nice coments and private messages about it. Only here I found a big reaction against it... why? I can't say... the song has a super cool vibe and it's very catchy.

Who doesn't like it and why? And please be objective and stop fooling around!!! An argument like I don't like it because I don't like it worths nothing... sorry...

What is this conclusion based on? Even the poll in Rate the Demo GMAYL @ http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=37659&st= shows differently.

And the poll at Madonnarama shows more than 50% of viewers liking the demo http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2011/11/10/give-me-all-your-love-your-opinion-and-osearys-comments/

If barely 50% of Madonna's hardcore fanbase--the kind who are taking the time to peruse a Madonna fansite forum and to vote on a poll within it--are willing to say they like the lead single from the first new album she has released in four years, then, yes, I call that negative buzz.

I think Justin has slightly more weightage in song than Madge, especially the last part of the song.

I guess most of us, including me, don't consider "Tick Tock" as proper lyrics...

I read somewhere that Madonna sang a lot more than Justin in the old version but Warners pushed for more Justin in the finished version .

Guest groovyguy

If barely 50% of Madonna's hardcore fanbase--the kind who are taking the time to peruse a Madonna fansite forum and to vote on a poll within it--are willing to say they like the lead single from the first new album she has released in four years, then, yes, I call that negative buzz.

So barely 23% of fanbase on 1 forum and barely 27% on 1 website disliking the demo = negative buzz? Those who are neutral neither like nor dislike are waiting for the actual version before deciding. Point is barely 50% and more than 50% are greater than barely 23 % and 27% respectively.

Guest bluejean

I think it's fair to say the song didn't get an overwhelmingly good reception. Especially when you compare it to say, the buzz around Britney's 'Hold It Against Me' when that hit. Every 2nd person on my Facebook was writing "OMG Britney's new song, amazing." This Madonna leak barely got a mention. And when it did it was negative. People want something innovative and fresh sounding when it comes to pop music otherwise they just won't care. And it has nothing to do with her being old, if she releases something hot it will gain attention I can assure you. This leak isn't/wasn't hot, it was just okay.

Guest groovyguy

I think it's fair to say the song didn't get an overwhelmingly good reception. Especially when you compare it to say, the buzz around Britney's 'Hold It Against Me' when that hit. Every 2nd person on my Facebook was writing "OMG Britney's new song, amazing." This Madonna leak barely got a mention. And when it did it was negative. People want something innovative and fresh sounding when it comes to pop music otherwise they just won't care. And it has nothing to do with her being old, if she releases something hot it will gain attention I can assure you. This leak isn't/wasn't hot, it was just okay.

I've read positive as well as negative comments on FB and I don't see that as negative buzz. That's just my opinion. However, polls are a more accurate measure of feedback and from the polls' results I've seen, I don't see negative buzz. We could go and on debating this but an opinion does not equate fact. Just look at some comments on Orbit's FB:

Anthony Gomez It's just a demo it might not even make the record.. I hoping you guys can fuckin bring it!! were dying for something GRAND FROM THE QUEEN OF POP!

November 9 at 5:19pm · Like · 3

James Hue Hi W.O nice to have a conversation with you. And also thank you for allowing me to post a comment on your wall. As far back as i can remember way back to literary Like a prayer days. Whenever M releases new music it's always in this order. 1- someone has gotta bitch and complain. 2- M looses an old fan and gains a new. This is what i call of many things of M her winning formula. Always taking a chance trying something different and that is a statement in itself. This may not be M groundbreaking or cutting edge track. But for me it was a totally unexpected sound, different and infectious. After more than a few spins the song for me came together and I simply can't get it out of my head. I love it. Simply it makes me happy to her again. I have total certainty of the new Madonna cd I know it's gonna be great i know it.

November 9 at 5:21pm · Like · 8

Tina Bowen I think its a fun song

November 9 at 5:23pm · Like · 4

Joel Garrigou We need, we hope a M A G I S T E R I A L leading single, we wish the "no compromise Madonna" comeback, Be Yourself, Be BOLD M. as you always were ! L U V from Jo fan depuis 29 ans ♥ ♥ ♥

November 9 at 5:23pm · Like · 1

Richard Chalke It has a pretty catchy chorus and is in my head aready.....isnt that the essence of a good madonna song? And that is just with a few snippets of the demo. Relax people, if william is saying the album is 'the album' then it will be amazing.....

November 9 at 5:24pm · Like · 9

Bulent Biyikoglu I hope you guys are using SynthMaster 2.5 in the new M album :)

November 9 at 5:24pm · Like

Thanh Tran Wow I'm so surprised that Madonna fans can become whiney little bitches. I for one LOVED GMAYL. William Orbit didn't even produce the song, so if you want to complain, then don't do it here.

On a lighter note, I know you've heard this a million times, but I'm struggling to contain my excitement to hear the magic you and M created together on her new album :) .

November 9 at 5:24pm · Like · 5

Michael Thompson I love the song it's madonna being madonna very pop & fun, everyone I've shown likes it. Madonna does not want to be defined by her age & is say f- u to people by doing so good for her x

November 9 at 5:26pm · Like · 4

Christopher Kennedy I love reading these comments particularly the ones who feel they that just because there a fan that they now have a right to demand or expect Madonna to put out a musical style they prefer. But really what about Madonna? Does she not have a right to produce, write, sing whatever she wants? If she wants to fart in a microphone and record it, good for her! A true fan would get this, and if I don't like it, f*** off.

November 9 at 5:32pm · Like · 7

Christopher Kennedy Sorry if u don't like it then...

November 9 at 5:33pm · Like · 2

Howard Trigg Madonna fans ate Passionate about their queen. After the disappointment of Hard Candy we want quality! Bang bang sounds interesting!

November 9 at 5:33pm · Like · 2

Dario Pederzani VERONICA ELECTRONICA!

November 9 at 5:36pm · Like · 8

Fernando Santos It's amazing that both u and M managed to be friends for all these years to the point she trust your taste in music to redefine her career once again. Well done u

November 9 at 5:37pm · Like · 6

Alen Brnjac Love it

November 9 at 5:37pm · Like · 1

Bianca Link Love it. Now tell us more about "bang bang " sounds so good but scary!

November 9 at 5:39pm · Like

Markus Olavi I for one respect Mr Orbits and Madonnas vision. they should and are making the album they want to make! seriously all this fuss and crying over a demo we werent even suppose to hear!!!sorry but... to criticize unfinished work (especially one that youve obtained illegally) is pretty childish and down right rude. calm down people.

November 9 at 5:41pm · Like · 6

William Meadows Was listening to some Orbit/Torch/Cargo a couple days ago. A neighbor asked me if I could turn it down a little. Then came back and asked what I was listening to!

November 9 at 5:47pm · Like · 1

Damon Presswood GMAYL can stay a demo and go in the trash can thanks. Give us longtime fans the REAL Madonna, not pop Madonna but grown up electronica Madonna. I think I would even prefer a Hard Rock album than that drivel that is GMAYL!!!

November 9 at 5:53pm · Like

Fabrizio Carrillo funny, but if Madonna would had release a demo that was "grown up" and electronica then many of you would have cried and complained that it was not pop enough or 80s enough... it's hard to please many. I like the demo.

November 9 at 6:00pm · Like · 3

Guest groovyguy

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/music/general/view.bg?articleid=1384427

Martin Solveig & Madonna on that notorious track leak

When Madonna took to social media earlier this month to beg fans to stop posting a leaked track from her upcoming album, no one was more troubled than French producer Martin Solveig.

“We had a terrible leak ... and everyone is very upset about what happened,” said Solveig, who is one of an elite few producers working on the massive Madonna 2012 release.

The flap unfolded two weeks ago when a demo version of the Solveig-Madonna track “Give Me All Your Love” hit the blogosphere, much to Madge’s chagrin.

The Material Girl tweeted that “real fans” wouldn’t have leaked her music before it was finished. The dance-pop track allegedly also will feature M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj, but Solveig, who plays Royale on Friday in his first-ever Boston show, said he can’t talk about the track.

But he did say working with Madonna is a dream come true.

“I would have considered this as impossible,” he told the Herald from a tour stop in Miami. “People ask who you would dream to work with. To me working with Madonna was not really something I could do. When I got the call, first I thought it was a joke. And then when I realized it wasn’t, I was real-ly overwhelmed. The collaboration has been an enormous joy and an enormous surprise.”

Solveig, 35, is the latest Euro-pean DJ to cross over into the U.S. pop world, joining the likes of David Guetta, Afrojack, Avicii and other top dance-music artists. In addition to his work with Madonna, Solveig (born Martin Picandet) had a hit last year with “Hello,” one of three tracks with indie darlings Dragonette on his latest full-length release “Smash.” The disc first dropped this summer in Europe.

“The album ‘Smash’ is finished and ready to be released in the U.S. I’m also working on some different versions, some remixes,” he said. “I’m touring the whole U.S. ... which is overwhelming and great. There is a whole expectation (here) of electronic music and myself. The U.S. crowds appear to be a very, very good crowd. It’s great fun.”

While Solveig has benefited handsomely from the blogosphere and the press over the Madonna leak, at the end of the day, he says dance music is all about the live performance.

“The interesting part is, always to come to the show because there’s surprises,” he said. “And there’s dancing, which is something you don’t have on the Internet.”

^ That new song he's released is simply horrible. And sadly sounds A LOT like Give Me All Your Love, with all those cheerleaders and that. I hope that the production for GMAYL is far better than that horrible song by Dragonettes.

And if they are "devastated", well, here are some little tips for next recordings:

1. Do not play your demo with your windows open in a summer day at top volume. Somebody may hear it.

2. When you have a demo, do not give it to anybody who is not into the project. Your true fans will leak it indeed, because we love leaks (just in case you thought that we only love your official recordings).

3. If you don't want negative buzz about a demo, try to write better songs instead of shitty ones that should be heavely improved in post-production.

And another tip for future leaks

4. If you dress like a crack whore but wait for the airbrushing to work wonders, DESTROY all the untouched copies before they go to the net and make you look like a desperate 70 year old madame.

^ That new song he's released is simply horrible. And sadly sounds A LOT like Give Me All Your Love, with all those cheerleaders and that. I hope that the production for GMAYL is far better than that horrible song by Dragonettes.

And if they are "devastated", well, here are some little tips for next recordings:

1. Do not play your demo with your windows open in a summer day at top volume. Somebody may hear it.

2. When you have a demo, do not give it to anybody who is not into the project. Your true fans will leak it indeed, because we love leaks (just in case you thought that we only love your official recordings).

3. If you don't want negative buzz about a demo, try to write better songs instead of shitty ones that should be heavely improved in post-production.

4. If you dress like a crack whore but wait for the airbrushing to work wonders, DESTROY all the untouched copies before they go to the net and make you look like a desperate 70 year old madame.

:lol:

Ouch!

:chuckle: @ Karby

fashion-madonna-minaj-nicki-nicki-minaj-Favim.com-182336.jpg

Minaj justifying her love

M.I.A on Madonna (and Gaga )2010 :

M.I.A is at it again! After lashing out at Lady GaGa in an interview with New Musical Express, the "Paper Planes" star talks about the queen and princess of pop in a recent interview with the New York Times, and while she has nothing but good things to say about Madonna, the Sri Lankan rapper has no kind words to spare for Gagita.

In a recent interview with U.K. based weekly magazine New Musical Express, also published on PerezHilton.com, M.I.A. had some pretty nasty things to say about the "Paparazzi" songstress: "None of her music's reflective of how weird she wants to be or thinks she is."

"She models herself on Grace Jones and Madonna, but the music sounds like 20-year-old Ibiza music, you know?"."Are they even interested in making money from music anymore? Lady Gaga plugs 15 things in her new video. Dude, she even plugs a burger! That's probably how they're making money right now - buying up the burger joint, putting the burger in a music video and making loads of burger money," M.I.A. said in a bold statement.

And now the controversial rapper is at it again! In an interview published in the New York Times Wednesday, M.I.A lashes out at Lady GaGa: "With our video, we were really copying "Telephone." Both our videos are road movies. We kill people, and they kill people. They start out in a prison, and we start out in a squat, hunting people down. I can't talk about GaGa anymore. All I'll say this, it's upsetting when babies say ga-ga now. It used to be innocent. Now, they're calling her name. You can't really say that GaGa is culturally a change. Madonna was truly unique."

Not nice but not as bad as last time! But if the 'controversial chic' singer has nothing good to say about Gagita, she sure admires the queen of pop, Madonna: "Madonna is the one. Madonna did amazing songs. She had an amazing sense of style, without a stylist. And she was flawed, and sometimes she admitted it. I'll fight the fight for Madonna. I think she should send me some chocolates or something to thank me," she told The New York Times.

Edited by popeline

Guest Fukujima

"Madonna is the one. Madonna did amazing songs. She had an amazing sense of style, without a stylist. And she was flawed, and sometimes she admitted it. I'll fight the fight for Madonna. I think she should send me some chocolates or something to thank me," she told The New York Times.

:inlove:

M.I.A is at it again! After lashing out at Lady GaGa in an interview with New Musical Express, the "Paper Planes" star talks about the queen and princess of pop in a recent interview with the New York Times, and while she has nothing but good things to say about Madonna, the Sri Lankan rapper has no kind words to spare for Gagita.

In a recent interview with U.K. based weekly magazine New Musical Express, also published on PerezHilton.com, M.I.A. had some pretty nasty things to say about the "Paparazzi" songstress: "Are they even interested in making money from music anymore? Lady Gaga plugs 15 things in her new video. Dude, she even plugs a burger! That's probably how they're making money right now - buying up the burger joint, putting the burger in a music video and making loads of burger money," M.I.A. said in a bold statement.

And now the controversial rapper is at it again! In an interview published in the New York Times Wednesday, M.I.A lashes out at Lady GaGa: "With our video, we were really copying "Telephone." Both our videos are road movies. We kill people, and they kill people. They start out in a prison, and we start out in a squat, hunting people down. I can't talk about GaGa anymore. All I'll say this, it's upsetting when babies say ga-ga now. It used to be innocent. Now, they're calling her name. You can't really say that GaGa is culturally a change. Madonna was truly unique."

Poor MIA, like many here she just can't shut up about Gaga even though she claims she 'hates' her. OH WELL

Nicki looks STUN GORGE in her JML era tshirt.

Poor MIA, like many here she just can't shut up about Gaga even though she claims she 'hates' her. OH WELL

No different from you really. Gaga lover, Madonna basher on various forums, but you can't shut up about M with your nasty comments! ;)

Guest Fukujima

No different from you really. Gaga lover, Madonna basher on various forums, but you can't shut up about M with your nasty comments! ;)

touché