Madonna @ Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project at Roseland [merged]

runaway

She really needs new people to work the clothes for her. Even though her face looks beautiful, looking at these pics you could easily mistake for some Hard Candy event - same hooker boots - same choreographer - same street dancers. Its seems she wont change much from the previous era.

It's obviously an hommage 2 64 y.o dutch cougar superstar miss PAAY:

patriciapaay2.png

Guest ditaluver

That has got to be the worst entrance, ever! Where were her fans???

HA! we were inside...waiting for her!

here's my view of the day. i arrived around 3:30 to a line of about 10 fans. had a friend get there super early and he held my spot. we waited till 9:20 pm. one thing I can say about roseland is they are organized and it wasnt a mob scene what-so-ever. they let us in about 5 at a time and then we went to a check in table to get our wristbands.

there were 2 stages...one main stage and a mini catwalk that leads to another stage filled with white couches.

we walked in and took a place in front of the white couches. it was a gamble. would she perform and we're on the wrong side?!? but we stayed there. we missed her grande entrance (well I couldnt see shit - im short) but then she immediately walked to the couches and that is where she spent most of her night.

aside from the marriage ref (which I have a hard time counting as a madonna "event") - this was my first non-concert madonna event. it was very surreal to be in the same room as this woman and just watching her mingle around the stage drinking. she is stunning. just stunning. loved her outfit, although I got the feeling she was uncomfortable cause she figited with it constantly. she basically hid herself behind her entourage the entire time and didnt interact with the crowd....at ALL. she stayed as far away from her "true fans" as possible. at one point, she was sitting on the couch hiding her face with a pillow. finally a group of us were banging onthe stage screaming at her to do something..anything but just sit there....and finally she started interacting and doing hand motions and sort of dancing, while still sitting.

then she got up and went over dj booth and danced in there with martin solvieg and chanted "L U V MADONNA....Y O U...YOU WANNA" but that was it as far as that song was concerned.

we danced to hung up, hello, paper planes, empire state of mind...and maybe another. then she just walked off stage and left.

never said thanks to the crowd...and ironically drank champagne all night at a vodka event lol

you could tell she only did it for the $$$ and exposure...and it was "different" seeing her in this element

hasnt totally ruined my idea of her as a human...glad she sort of loosened up.

was fun seeing lola fist pump to music. they also played hollywood...but madonna didnt get off the couch.

jonas akurland followed her with a camera the whole time.

i will post pocs as soon as i have a chance to go through all them and the videos I took

Guest ditaluver

here's my view of the day. i arrived around 3:30 to a line of about 10 fans. had a friend get there super early and he held my spot. we waited till 9:20 pm. one thing I can say about roseland is they are organized and it wasnt a mob scene what-so-ever. they let us in about 5 at a time and then we went to a check in table to get our wristbands.

there were 2 stages...one main stage and a mini catwalk that leads to another stage filled with white couches.

we walked in and took a place in front of the white couches. it was a gamble. would she perform and we're on the wrong side?!? but we stayed there. we missed her grande entrance (well I couldnt see shit - im short) but then she immediately walked to the couches and that is where she spent most of her night.

aside from the marriage ref (which I have a hard time counting as a madonna "event") - this was my first non-concert madonna event. it was very surreal to be in the same room as this woman and just watching her mingle around the stage drinking. she is stunning. just stunning. loved her outfit, although I got the feeling she was uncomfortable cause she figited with it constantly. she basically hid herself behind her entourage the entire time and didnt interact with the crowd....at ALL. she stayed as far away from her "true fans" as possible. at one point, she was sitting on the couch hiding her face with a pillow. finally a group of us were banging onthe stage screaming at her to do something..anything but just sit there....and finally she started interacting and doing hand motions and sort of dancing, while still sitting.

then she got up and went over dj booth and danced in there with martin solvieg and chanted "L U V MADONNA....Y O U...YOU WANNA" but that was it as far as that song was concerned.

we danced to hung up, hello, paper planes, empire state of mind...and maybe another. then she just walked off stage and left.

never said thanks to the crowd...and ironically drank champagne all night at a vodka event lol

you could tell she only did it for the $$$ and exposure...and it was "different" seeing her in this element

was fun seeing lola fist pump to music. they also played hollywood...but madonna didnt get off the couch.

i will post pocs as soon as i have a chance to go through all them and the videos I took

well honestly, if you just sit tere with a bunch of fans watching other dancers perform and choose one of them for the tour, i'd probably be uncomfortable as well, or not know how to respond to a bunch of people just staring at her & taking pictures all the time. im sure its a little awkward even for her.

i hope we get to see that clip of akurland pretty soon :thumbsup:

Guest groovyguy

Thanks for sharing!

Guest ditaluver

well honestly, if you just sit tere with a bunch of fans watching other dancers perform and choose one of them for the tour, i'd probably be uncomfortable as well, or not know how to respond to a bunch of people just staring at her & taking pictures all the time. im sure its a little awkward even for her.

i hope we get to see that clip of akurland pretty soon :thumbsup:

for someone who is 30 years deep into stardom, i KNOW she KNOWS how to work a crowd...throw a bone!!! she knew what she was doing lol

you could tell she only did it for the $$ and exposure...and it was "different" seeing her in this element

I pretty much figured it was just photo op and getting paid to show up. I didn't expect she was going to perform, but good to know she tease the audience with a little bit of GMAYL.

Wondering if Jonas is on board on doing video work for the new album??

What is BIG CHEAP MESS about it? Finding a possibly extremely talented dancer thru a low key promotional event?? She looks like partying, having a good time. She looks fantastic I think, just love it.

Sorry, i may be old fashioned, but i think any Madonna party should be a very BIG EVENT. This thing seems like a 3rd rate venue. Maybe it seems that to me because i don't know the whole story about some alcohol brand having some dancers.

Guest Fukujima

Cool

GOSH no matter how many times you listen to Hung Up, as soon as they play it in a disco it's just FIERCE :inlove:

Edited by Fukujima

Wow she 's hardly ever been more beautiful! The picture where she's sitting her hands on her knees reminds me of Bardot. She's still ageless ! Well if you don't look closely at the hands ...

Rumor has it that the music heard during M's entrance is from the new album...

http://www.twitvid.com/VH8WC

probably....I also love the kick ass track that she was dancing to on stage at the end of the event with the nicki minaj vocals ( final version of GMAYL???) . Hope they are both on the album

http://www.twitvid.com/A34VE

Sorry, i may be old fashioned, but i think any Madonna party should be a very BIG EVENT. This thing seems like a 3rd rate venue. Maybe it seems that to me because i don't know the whole story about some alcohol brand having some dancers.

I think you've mistaken this was all about Madonna. Certainly Madonna was the headlining guest, but it was all about choosing a dancer for a her tour. She probably got paid a lot of money to do this and just show up. I'm betting she had very little to do with what was to happen, other than show up and pick a dancer. I'm not sure why people were expecting more... such as if she was going to take the stage and perform music. There was no promise of that.