Are you freaking out right now?

Apples388

Not necessarily, American Life was recorded and released after the 9/11 attacks in the US, and the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq so she was in her "let me create a controversy" mode. I actually appreciate many of the songs off that album now.

The song itself is not political. The art direction and the original version of the first single's music video are. There's no real politics to American Life--the attempt to be shocking during the post-9/11 Bush years was murder for a recording artist. See Janet and The Dixie Chicks.

Her legacy is intact. She's revolutionized the pop music world in too many ways at this point to have a song or even a whole flop album ruin her forever. The day will (and maybe it has already) come where she's NOT going to be the trendsetter on the forefront of music and fashion like the Madonna most of us grew up with in the 80's and 90's. That kind of thing doesn't go on and on forever, it's amazing and unprecedented how long she's been able to do that anyways. This may not be what diehard fans want, but realistically, Madonna can pretty much just "coast" at this point and she would remain successful and relevant. By that I mean put out easily digestible singles for the masses and throw the deeper stuff on the albums and mainly focusing on the tours.

Sorry but anybody who worries about a perfume, clothing line or gym ruining her musical legacy needs to get a grip. The only people who even CARE ENOUGH to have an opinion about these things are her diehard fans. REALLY....what casual fan is going to be like "I really love her music but that damn perfume she released just put me off her!"? I mean who does that?? :lol: I don't think most people even follow her closely enough to know about all of these things. Those projects aren't even necessarily for us diehards anyways. It's like the fans who got mad about the children's books...I mean WHO CARES?? It's not for you, ignore it and move on. The books didn't exactly RUIN any sort of legacy. She had massive hit songs and albums afterwards and who besides us is even talking about those books these days? The only book the general public may speak of when it comes to Madonna is SEX. These little business endeavors she does are the norm for celebs these days, nobody cares.

Thank you baby.

i second that...it's SO stupid to think that she just woke up and thought: "Oh the twin towers no longer exist, let's make an album to create controversy":..duh?...some people would of course rather think she was not trying to speak her mind and thoughts about something but just trying to get some atention from the media to worship her or so ...and that's just being a fucking ass...as assy as some people were when thinking she was adopting kids for just publicity :doh: or joining the kabbalah for the same matter :doh: or recording Confessions as a sell out move :doh: ...imagine if she would really pay atention to such idiotic comments, she would just not do anything at all, not even breathe! :lol:

I third that!! ;) In fact, the actual musical content had nothing to do with the war. It was the ORIGINAL video and the artwork that took on the Ant-War feel. Top that with her talking about her views on the war and the current political climate as it was unraveling kinda didn't do her any favors even though she was pretty right about what she was expressing. The problem was... the war was unfolding as she released the album. The Dixie Chicks has recently suffered a HUGE backlash for their George Bush comment. Madonna had a family to think about and taking notes from what happened to the Dixie Chicks, she steered away from gaining that much negative attention. When she was about to release the first (original) video, I recall distinctly many people were on the fence about going to war, yet many felt we needed to strike back. It was building since 9/11. I just watched that video last night. In original form, that would have definitely done a lot more damage if she didn't pull it when she did. People still made a stink about it, but it lightened the load. We may look at it now and say, "she should have released it". Sorry, I don't agree. It really sent mixed messages regarding War and politics. Topping that off with the crowd in the video laughing as soldiers were getting blown up, would have really cause some real damage. She did the right thing. Most people wouldn't have got what she was trying to convey at the time. Anyone who has respect for the soldiers who go to war, while we sit comfortably free in our homes, will appreciate that Madonna pulled it out of respect of the soldiers as well as was avoiding a horrible backlash like Dixie Chicks who got death threats and had people come very close to harming them physically.

I'm not in major meltdown mode. but at the same time it doesn't make me excited about the new album.

I agree.I'm not freaking out but I expected a stronger,more powerful first single.This is a whole new era for Madonna.She's on a new record label.She needed to bring the heavy artillery! GMAYL isn't terrible,but it's too lightweight and fluffy.I want her to begin this era with something a little more substantial.

But,it's just a demo so I'm hopeful that the 'finished' version will have more bells and whistles.Maybe Nicki Minaj and M.I.A's involvement will improve the track?

For all the criticism leveled against "4 Minutes" by fans,at least that song sounds like a first single.It has a dramatic intro with Timbaland's little rap part,then the loud 'marching band' sound lets you know that this is something BIG! I can't imagine any other song on Hard Candy being the first single.GMAYL,on the other hand,sounds like a decent album track but not the type of song that should be the first single.

Guest northernlad

think u got ur "oh i hate GMAYL" quota covered for the day already, right? :p

Think you've fulfilled your 'okay we get it - you hate GMAYL... we don't need to hear your opinion x times a day' quota?

Oh.

No, not really. M's got a whole 30 years worth of great music, memories, etc behind her to be totally proud of, and if she never releases another thing or something that doesn't quite live up to all that she's done over the years, that doesn't matter, well not to me anyway.. she's proved what she's worth to the music industry, she doesn't need to prove another thing as far as I'm concerned. All the fuss right now is about people's expectations and that she's got to keep outdoing herself..well sometimes that's just not possible, sometimes it's just as simple as just enjoying the music, and that's all.

No, not really. M's got a whole 30 years worth of great music, memories, etc behind her to be totally proud of, and if she never releases another thing or something that doesn't quite live up to all that she's done over the years, that doesn't matter, well not to me anyway.. she's proved what she's worth to the music industry, she doesn't need to prove another thing as far as I'm concerned. All the fuss right now is about people's expectations and that she's got to keep outdoing herself..well sometimes that's just not possible, sometimes it's just as simple as just enjoying the music, and that's all.

:clap:

I just think that Madonna has gotten quite lazy of late. It seems that she feels so uninspired. Where are the new image changes? Where are the cutting edge videos that we all know and love? Hard Candy was a poor attempt to harness the already dying sound that had proven successful for Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtardo,and the 3 decent songs that were on the album (Beat Goes On,Heartbeat & Devil Wouldn't Recognize You) she didn't release!!! The 2 new tracks she recorded for Celebration were just piss poor,and I could be wrong but I think because she has achieved so much in her career and pretty much said and done it all,the overriding impressionI get from her is one of boredom,I was hoping that Gaga coming along would light a fire under her ass,but if this demo is the direction she is heading in then I fear that may not be the case. It's almost like she is just making albums so she has an excuse to go on tour and make a shit load of cash!! Xx

I agree I think that unless Gaga drops the attention grabbing outfits and drastically changes both her sound and image,she is in danger of becoming this generations Cyndi Lauper. With regards to Madonna I think she needs to go back to basics and become inspired again,get her thumb out her ass,change her image,make some decent videos and write lyrics that aren't all about dancing the night away!!

I took that as more anti-war than "let me create a controversy" mode.

yeah that's what I was trying to say. Alot of people hated it but IMO I thought it was a creative album. Yeah this supposed demo first single doesn't mean the whole album will be trash. Hard Candy had alot of good songs.

I just think that Madonna has gotten quite lazy of late. It seems that she feels so uninspired. Where are the new image changes? Where are the cutting edge videos that we all know and love? Hard Candy was a poor attempt to harness the already dying sound that had proven successful for Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtardo,and the 3 decent songs that were on the album (Beat Goes On,Heartbeat & Devil Wouldn't Recognize You) she didn't release!!! The 2 new tracks she recorded for Celebration were just piss poor,and I could be wrong but I think because she has achieved so much in her career and pretty much said and done it all,the overriding impressionI get from her is one of boredom,I was hoping that Gaga coming along would light a fire under her ass,but if this demo is the direction she is heading in then I fear that may not be the case. It's almost like she is just making albums so she has an excuse to go on tour and make a shit load of cash!! Xx

I see what you're saying but after nearly 30 years and at 53 does she really need to continue the constant image changes and try to shock us. I mean the name MADONNA is all you need to see on the arena marque and that show will sell out in a heart beat. But I do agree with your statement about creating an album just to go out on tour. I'm pretty sure if this album does flop, the tour won't. If she just wants to tour she can just do a greatest hits tour and call it a day but we all no the backlash that occurs every time those words are uttered on the net. And yes we all know she doesn't like doing her old stuff but we'll save that for when the set list drops. :)

As much as I admire and respect Madonna,after the sub par standard of her musical output since Hard Candy,I think the only shocking thing she could do would be to release an album that befits her status as a pop icon,and has more depth than the demo of Give Me All Your Love suggests.

Guest MLVC2012

As much as I admire and respect Madonna,after the sub par standard of her musical output since Hard Candy,I think the only shocking thing she could do would be to release an album that befits her status as a pop icon,and has more depth than the demo of Give Me All Your Love suggests.

Ok... That's ridic, but ok

He/She is right.

Revolver & gang has been disappointing to say the least.

Guest Madonna Fan Since 1983

I wonder if MAYBE this song, demo or not, is just a joke on us....Madonna is not a stupid woman....she has to know what people are saying about her...what with comments on her getting older, trying to act young and sexy in her 50's, blah blah blah......what IF this song was recorded by Madonna as a little prank, so to speak....She records it, it leaks on purpose, people start bitching about it, Madonna is laughing her ass off, then at Superbowl she blows our minds with an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT song....she knows she has to BRING IT with this new song and album......she's smart enough to know that the first single off the new album HAS to be EPIC....This demo track "Give Me All Your Love" is clearly not.......hopefully Madonna still has it in her to genuinely surprise and shock us!

I wonder if MAYBE this song, demo or not, is just a joke on us....Madonna is not a stupid woman....she has to know what people are saying about her...what with comments on her getting older, trying to act young and sexy in her 50's, blah blah blah......what IF this song was recorded by Madonna as a little prank, so to speak....She records it, it leaks on purpose, people start bitching about it, Madonna is laughing her ass off, then at Superbowl she blows our minds with an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT song....she knows she has to BRING IT with this new song and album......she's smart enough to know that the first single off the new album HAS to be EPIC....This demo track "Give Me All Your Love" is clearly not.......hopefully Madonna still has it in her to genuinely surprise and shock us!

:lol:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

no.