Are you freaking out right now?

Apples388

Some fans really take Madonna relevance for granted just because she's an icon and have been around for so long. It's a fact that she's part of History already, everybody meantions her as a role model, bla bla bla; but let's face it, she's not perfect and yes, she can do wrong and become irrelevant and boring. And she's been doing wrong a lot in the last years. It almost feels as if she gave up of making good music and is living at her catalogue. It's like she thinks that whatever she puts out there nowadays, people will buy cuz she's Madonna. Which may be true. Numbers will appear. But not quality.

Someone mentioned before that when ordinary people think about her name dance songs pop up in their minds, and that may be the consensus; but that doesn't mean that more serious songs equals flop. Live To Tell, Papa Don't Preach, Like a Prayer, TUTBMP, Rain, I'll Remember, Secret, Take A Bow, You'll See, DCFMA, etc, all were hits and are adult songs. But since 2003 what we're getting is Give Me All Your Love, Celebration, Revolver, So Cool, Hard Candy, Hey You, Confessions Of A Damage Control Album, American Life, Me Against The Music... it's been basically a decade of forgettable and embarassing stuff.

And to blame the current radio/tv for works like Hard Candy or Give Me All Your Love isn't fair. Crap songs always existed and have been around, but Madonna didn't go with the bad flow in the past, so why go now? From where did this obsession with another BB100 #1 and to be talked among young people came from? It's impossible that a smart woman like she don't see the lack of quality and soul of her last albums and that that is pushing her true fans away. How many more shitty songs about dance can she put out and until when (even Frozen had a damn danceable remix in S&STII)? And why to see Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry or Rihanna as inspirations to attrack fans and not Adele, Robyn or Florence Welch?

If this leaked GMAYL turns out to be the finalized track, she did become a parody of herself and maybe this is it.

Some fans really take Madonna relevance for granted just because she's an icon and have been around for so long. It's a fact that she's part of History already, everybody meantions her as a role model, bla bla bla; but let's face it, she's not perfect and yes, she can do wrong and become irrelevant and boring. And she's been doing wrong a lot in the last years. It almost feels as if she gave up of making good music and is living at her catalogue. It's like she thinks that whatever she puts out there nowadays, people will buy cuz she's Madonna. Which may be true. Numbers will appear. But not quality.

Someone mentioned before that when ordinary people think about her name dance songs pop up in their minds, and that may be the consensus; but that doesn't mean that more serious songs equals flop. Live To Tell, Papa Don't Preach, Like a Prayer, TUTBMP, Rain, I'll Remember, Secret, Take A Bow, You'll See, DCFMA, etc, all were hits and are adult songs. But since 2003 what we're getting is Give Me All Your Love, Celebration, Revolver, So Cool, Hard Candy, Hey You, Confessions Of A Damage Control Album, American Life, Me Against The Music... it's been basically a decade of forgettable and embarassing stuff.

And to blame the current radio/tv for works like Hard Candy or Give Me All Your Love isn't fair. Crap songs always existed and have been around, but Madonna didn't go with the bad flow in the past, so why go now? From where did this obsession with another BB100 #1 and to be talked among young people came from? It's impossible that a smart woman like she don't see the lack of quality and soul of her last albums and that that is pushing her true fans away. How many more shitty songs about dance can she put out and until when (even Frozen had a damn danceable remix in S&STII)? And why to see Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry or Rihanna as inspirations to attrack fans and not Adele, Robyn or Florence Welch?

If this leaked GMAYL turns out to be the finalized track, she did become a parody of herself and maybe this is it.

in a dreadful mood again eh? :doh:8134231-m-dico-loco-con-un-estetoscopio-y-enema-estudio-de-un-disparo.jpg

Edited by deltax

Guest FrozenEyes

^^^ I think that's a bit harsh, but merit is warranted in a few of the points. (I meant SkyFitsHeaven's post...I took too long)

I'm not freaking out, a little disappointed though.

GSM, I feel you!!! :wow:

I feel there's been a trend lately with the music and I don't like the direction it's going in. I want her to be Madonna and not some dime a dozen pop tart. It doesn't suit her. I feel like she's a bit off her game lately because I don't enjoy the music as well. I thought this album would be different, but now I'm not so sure.

I'll still buy the album and give her chance because nobody can deny her past efforts, even if I hate the album overall there are still bound to be a few gems. I'm just basing that off Hard Candy. I disliked the overall album, but I still really really enjoyed Miles Away and She's Not Me. I thought those two songs sounded like MADONNA, the rest.....ehh not so much. I like the album better now, but still far from being my favorite.

The complainers have themselves to blame. Madonna aims for art and self-importance with messages from her faith--the complainers reject it. AL is a high point creatively. It still sounds ahead of the game for something produced in 2003! I wish she'd been able to move forward in the direction she was going in then but the complainers bitched. Reminds me of Beyonce dropping the most relevant album creatively of her solo career B'DAY and she catch shit for it. Never again. Joni Mitchell is right you don't know what you got till it's gone.

I support the "demo" version of this song. The two tracks from the GH and Hey You are horrible and worst things she's allowed to be released.

We share the same sentiments except that I liked Celebration a lot and Revolver is decently likable.

I'm not into panic mode right now as it's confirmed GMAYL is a demo. I'm pretty sure they leaked it intentionally to get feedback from people. I can accept M going for a safe first single then have braver follow-up songs to it.

I realize that clinging to the THIS NEW ROCK N ROLL IS SHIT mentality that older people have comforts you and makes you feel less out of touch but for better or worse THAT is the music Madonna is competing with/against and that is the music climate she is trying to fit into. And popular music is fine as it always was. It's just that people grow out of it and feel like they're clinging on to their youth by reminiscing about the 'good old days' and how much better radio used to be.

I didn't say radio used to be better, I know you love to jump on the age thing even though you have no clue how old I am :lol: I don't agree that music used to be better. In fact it sounds the same now as when I was a kid. More often than not it's the tracks of less artistic merit that go the furthest, is all I was saying.

We share the same sentiments except that I liked Celebration a lot and Revolver is decently likable.

I'm not into panic mode right now as it's confirmed GMAYL is a demo. I'm pretty sure they leaked it intentionally to get feedback from people. I can accept M going for a safe first single then have braver follow-up songs to it.

I'd rather the album itself be brave while she releases (save face) safe singles.

you guys are a dreadful bunch (to borrow a word from deltax)

BRING ON NEW MADONNA

and if u don't like it boo hoo

The new Madonna sounds like the old Madonna. Their complaining because it's easier to do than accept the conditions we're all in based on age--and the ever changing music climate.

I feel there's been a trend lately with the music and I don't like the direction it's going in. I want her to be Madonna and not some dime a dozen pop tart. It doesn't suit her. I feel like she's a bit off her game lately because I don't enjoy the music as well. I thought this album would be different, but now I'm not so sure.

I'll still buy the album and give her chance because nobody can deny her past efforts, even if I hate the album overall there are still bound to be a few gems. I'm just basing that off Hard Candy. I disliked the overall album, but I still really really enjoyed Miles Away and She's Not Me. I thought those two songs sounded like MADONNA, the rest.....ehh not so much. I like the album better now, but still far from being my favorite.

We have different taste, but, I totally understand where you're coming from. I felt the same way when I heard HC would be more Hip Hop and R&B. Madonna releases a record we fall in love with, then, follows it up with something else altogether that does nothing for the heart to get us excited. I have to remind myself that Madonna the survior and Madonna the business woman comes first over Madonna the artist. She's an awesome artist but she's not allowed in her own ass if her fan base doesn't back it when she does.

None of Madonna's studio albums in the last decade or even in the 90s were soulless. They maybe cold sounding because of the electronic style of her collaborators but every album had something personal for her on it. Hell I would consider Spanish Lesson personal based on the fact that she's as attached to Latin culture and men as I am to men in sheers. We can't let go of our shit. Madonna could record ROL II--critics online and the fans here would find fault in it. I don't mind commercial Madonna for the sake of her fiancial survival. I also have to remind everyone that the tone of the new song fits prefectly with her 80s catalog that everyone values so much for her to perform on the next tour. No one here is looking at the bright side everything here is gloom and doom.

Guest AntiVirgin

If you want to be SEKSUAL, take a page out of Rihanna's book and go OH I CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO FUCK ME. Stop pussyfooting around. Take a chance. Enough with the forgettable, inconsequential tracks. Make a STATEMENT. And if it bombs, oh well. At least you went out swinging and not with a whimper.

well technically she did that with HC and Candy Shop and came across as a pervy granny cougar..Her last truly inventive lead single was Music, but atleast this is better than 4M

well technically she did that with HC and Candy Shop and came across as a pervy granny cougar..Her last truly inventive lead single was Music, but atleast this is better than 4M

What about American Life? That's an unusual lead single.

What about American Life? That's an unusual lead single.

Not necessarily, American Life was recorded and released after the 9/11 attacks in the US, and the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq so she was in her "let me create a controversy" mode. I actually appreciate many of the songs off that album now.

Her legacy is intact. She's revolutionized the pop music world in too many ways at this point to have a song or even a whole flop album ruin her forever. The day will (and maybe it has already) come where she's NOT going to be the trendsetter on the forefront of music and fashion like the Madonna most of us grew up with in the 80's and 90's. That kind of thing doesn't go on and on forever, it's amazing and unprecedented how long she's been able to do that anyways. This may not be what diehard fans want, but realistically, Madonna can pretty much just "coast" at this point and she would remain successful and relevant. By that I mean put out easily digestible singles for the masses and throw the deeper stuff on the albums and mainly focusing on the tours.

Sorry but anybody who worries about a perfume, clothing line or gym ruining her musical legacy needs to get a grip. The only people who even CARE ENOUGH to have an opinion about these things are her diehard fans. REALLY....what casual fan is going to be like "I really love her music but that damn perfume she released just put me off her!"? I mean who does that?? :lol: I don't think most people even follow her closely enough to know about all of these things. Those projects aren't even necessarily for us diehards anyways. It's like the fans who got mad about the children's books...I mean WHO CARES?? It's not for you, ignore it and move on. The books didn't exactly RUIN any sort of legacy. She had massive hit songs and albums afterwards and who besides us is even talking about those books these days? The only book the general public may speak of when it comes to Madonna is SEX. These little business endeavors she does are the norm for celebs these days, nobody cares.

Her legacy is intact. She's revolutionized the pop music world in too many ways at this point to have a song or even a whole flop album ruin her forever. The day will (and maybe it has already) come where she's NOT going to be the trendsetter on the forefront of music and fashion like the Madonna most of us grew up with in the 80's and 90's. That kind of thing doesn't go on and on forever, it's amazing and unprecedented how long she's been able to do that anyways. This may not be what diehard fans want, but realistically, Madonna can pretty much just "coast" at this point and she would remain successful and relevant. By that I mean put out easily digestible singles for the masses and throw the deeper stuff on the albums and mainly focusing on the tours.

Sorry but anybody who worries about a perfume, clothing line or gym ruining her musical legacy needs to get a grip. The only people who even CARE ENOUGH to have an opinion about these things are her diehard fans. REALLY....what casual fan is going to be like "I really love her music but that damn perfume she released just put me off her!"? I mean who does that?? :lol: I don't think most people even follow her closely enough to know about all of these things. Those projects aren't even necessarily for us diehards anyways. It's like the fans who got mad about the children's books...I mean WHO CARES?? It's not for you, ignore it and move on. The books didn't exactly RUIN any sort of legacy. She had massive hit songs and albums afterwards and who besides us is even talking about those books these days? The only book the general public may speak of when it comes to Madonna is SEX. These little business endeavors she does are the norm for celebs these days, nobody cares.

+1 the world and music industry changed so much since the 80s and 90s. It's impossible for her to make the same impact she did back in those days. We should be happy that she is still around and doing so much stuff and just f...ing enjoy rather than moan moan moan. If you don't like her anymore, go listen to marry the night and be happy!!

+1 the world and music industry changed so much since the 80s and 90s. It's impossible for her to make the same impact she did back in those days. We should be happy that she is still around and doing so much stuff and just f...ing enjoy rather than moan moan moan. If you don't like her anymore, go listen to marry the night and be happy!!

How delightful.

Guest groovyguy

Not necessarily, American Life was recorded and released after the 9/11 attacks in the US, and the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq so she was in her "let me create a controversy" mode. I actually appreciate many of the songs off that album now.

I took that as more anti-war than "let me create a controversy" mode.

Guest bluejean

I'm not going to have meltdown about it but I do think the song is disappointing and guaranteed to flop in its current form. It's not just the production either, the songwriting itself needs more work.

I do fear the time has come and this could wind up being her 'Invincible/You Rock My World' moment. I am hopeful the final version will be completely different but only time will tell.

I took that as more anti-war than "let me create a controversy" mode.

i second that...it's SO stupid to think that she just woke up and thought: "Oh the twin towers no longer exist, let's make an album to create controversy":..duh?...some people would of course rather think she was not trying to speak her mind and thoughts about something but just trying to get some atention from the media to worship her or so ...and that's just being a fucking ass...as assy as some people were when thinking she was adopting kids for just publicity :doh: or joining the kabbalah for the same matter :doh: or recording Confessions as a sell out move :doh: ...imagine if she would really pay atention to such idiotic comments, she would just not do anything at all, not even breathe! :lol:

I'm not going to have meltdown about it but I do think the song is disappointing and guaranteed to flop in its current form. It's not just the production either, the songwriting itself needs more work.

I do fear the time has come and this could wind up being her 'Invincible/You Rock My World' moment. I am hopeful the final version will be completely different but only time will tell.

really, do you need to re-post your "opinion" and your Nostradamus ways everytime someone writes something positive about it? :doh: we got it clear for the ehh,20th time i think!?

nostradamus.jpg

Edited by deltax

+++1... THIS!!! :thumbsup: