Rate The Demo: Give Me All Your Love

horn

160 members have voted

1. 1. Rate The Demo: Give Me All Your Love

Guest Madonna Fan Since 1983

I wonder if MAYBE this song, demo or not, is just a joke on us....Madonna is not a stupid woman....she has to know what people are saying about her...what with comments on her getting older, trying to act young and sexy in her 50's, blah blah blah......what IF this song was recorded by Madonna as a little prank, so to speak....She records it, it leaks on purpose, people start bitching about it, Madonna is laughing her ass off, then at Superbowl she blows our minds with an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT song....she knows she has to BRING IT with this new song and album......she's smart enough to know that this song HAS to be EPIC and DIVINE....This demo track "Give Me All Your Love" is a joke.......hopefully Madonna still has it in her to genuinely surprise and shock us!

I wonder if MAYBE this song, demo or not, is just a joke on us....Madonna is not a stupid woman....she has to know what people are saying about her...what with comments on her getting older, trying to act young and sexy in her 50's, blah blah blah......what IF this song was recorded by Madonna as a little prank, so to speak....She records it, it leaks on purpose, people start bitching about it, Madonna is laughing her ass off, then at Superbowl she blows our minds with an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT song....she knows she has to BRING IT with this new song and album......she's smart enough to know that this song HAS to be EPIC and DIVINE....This demo track "Give Me All Your Love" is a joke.......hopefully Madonna still has it in her to genuinely surprise and shock us!

You may be right.It makes perfect sense.

• 6 months later...

Going back to these threads to find people's initial reactions to this cute song... Opinions seem to have been divided since the beginning, but it's a bit sad to see so many positive responses then and so few after.

In any case: the demo is better if only because the L-U-V chant sounds more like a war cry instead of a cheerleading chant. Of course, because Madonna is singing it and knows a thing or two about vocal tones. With M.I.A. and Nicki in the mix, I can't understand why they didn't keep it that way. In hindsight, I think this would've placated the stupid comparisons to Micky and Hollaback Girl. She and her team can be so careless, sometimes.

Guest bluejean

:laugh:

Pqsfc.gif

Going back to these threads to find people's initial reactions to this cute song... Opinions seem to have been divided since the beginning, but it's a bit sad to see so many positive responses then and so few after.

In any case: the demo is better if only because the L-U-V chant sounds more like a war cry instead of a cheerleading chant. Of course, because Madonna is singing it and knows a thing or two about vocal tones. With M.I.A. and Nicki in the mix, I can't understand why they didn't keep it that way. In hindsight, I think this would've placated the stupid comparisons to Micky and Hollaback Girl. She and her team can be so careless, sometimes.

That happens all the time here. People don't want to look 'negative' so they say everything is great. It's only after an event that you find people give their true opinion. It will be the same with the tour - everything is wonderful now but once it's gone, people will start voicing which bits they didn't like so much.

I was disappointed with GMAYL demo but the songs grown on me although I still think it shouldn't have been on the album.

That happens all the time here. People don't want to look 'negative' so they say everything is great. It's only after an event that you find people give their true opinion. It will be the same with the tour - everything is wonderful now but once it's gone, people will start voicing which bits they didn't like so much.

I was disappointed with GMAYL demo but the songs grown on me although I still think it shouldn't have been on the album.

Your interpretation of the the changes in opinion is interesting and possibly valid - I was more leaning towards people expressing their TRUE opinion first, and then simply giving up on defending it (particularly with a silly song such as this - as fun or enjoyable as I may think it is, I'm not going to sit here and argue it's a better first single than Hung Up, Music, Frozen).

As for your second point, totally! A fun SuperBowl anthem, tucked in the Deluxe Album as a bonus track, would've been great. The problem is that this clashes with those that think MDNA should've been available the day after the SuperBowl. I actually think it should've been pushed further back to allow for more promo and planning. It should've been released, say, around this time or a month ago...

Anyway, off topic!