Full GMAYL DEMO leak!

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

I think there's a good chance the public will take to this like they did MUSIC. Just a fun catchy nonsensical single.

That's exactly what I was thinking. This whole thing reminds me of when Music leaked. The fans were in an uproar basically over it's simplicity and swore it would flop, just hanging on a wing and a prayer that the "demo" would be reworked drastically. Very similar scenario here. I'm not suggesting GMAYL is going to be a career defining, worldwide mega hit like Music.....but I'm not saying it won't either. GMAYL is a VERY easy song for the general, non Madonna loving public to like, just as Music was. With Music it seems like the diehards didn't get into it until the general public did THEN it became a "Madonna classic". I wouldn't be surprised at all if the same thing happens with this.

I'm not surprised that M is a little pissed off at the new single being leaked way ahead of its release date, she has every right to be. It ain't fair. They kind of spoilt it for those of us that wanted it to be a surprise, but hey, it's still in demo form, so it's unfinished and the production could change by the time it's released. I think I agree with Svperstar though, they probably need to go with something different for the first single.

I agree with your last sentence,but I think it's too late to change course now.Madonna's gotta start rehearsing this song for the SuperBowl and she's already got Nicki and M.I.A on board,too.And who knows? The "finished" version of this song (with Nicki and M.I.A) might be a huge improvement.

That's exactly what I was thinking. This whole thing reminds me of when Music leaked. The fans were in an uproar basically over it's simplicity and swore it would flop, just hanging on a wing and a prayer that the "demo" would be reworked drastically. Very similar scenario here. I'm not suggesting GMAYL is going to be a career defining, worldwide mega hit like Music.....but I'm not saying it won't either. GMAYL is a VERY easy song for the general, non Madonna loving public to like, just as Music was. With Music it seems like the diehards didn't get into it until the general public did THEN it became a "Madonna classic". I wouldn't be surprised at all if the same thing happens with this.

As a fan of the demo--I hope you're right about the general public embracing it.

Guest SuperPop

'Music' was very innovative for its time..it was something completely new and ahead of the pack

GMAYL on its current form, it is nothing fresh (actually it is a continuation of the Katy Perry/Nicola Roberts sound)

but lets actually wait for the real version..it might surprise us completely

I completely agree. It appears some are not quite getting that point. :bad:

I somewhat disagree. I don't think that's true for the janet/mariah generation because they've all kind of grown up together. I think it will have more of an impact for someone like Britney and further generations.

But again, you can't use the age card time and again either. Granted it's definitely a factor and affects how people view her, but things have also changed for Madonna. Music is not her biggest priority, it's more of a side project for her now. I think that has shown in some of her work, most notably in her music videos. It doesn't have the same kind of effort she put into things during the 90s or 80s. I don't blame her, she's been a juggernaut for all of her career. It makes sense that she'd want a break or something different. And generally her output is still above the curve. :thumbsup:

You make a great point about the full impact being felt with artists like Britney etc in the future. However, I think "ripples" of it are being felt with some of her slightly younger contemporaries that "came up" with her. I mean who foresaw J. Lo of all people having a massive hit with a club banger in her early 40's?? That kind of thing just didn't happen a lot 15+ years ago. Regarding the "Britney generation"....or moreso Britney specifically, I truly don't think Britney would have the enduring career she's had if it weren't for the template Madonna set. She's 13 years strong and has barely written, produced or had involvement in much of anything regarding her career yet these days she's reaching "legend" status among those who grew up with her. Whether that's good or bad is subjective of course but the point is "pop princesses" like her just didn't have that kind of shelf life pre-Madonna. Hell....I'm not sure there were any REAL "pop princesses" as we think of them now at all pre-Madonna.

I do have to disagree about music being secondary to her these days. She's always had her fingers in many "pies" at the same time so that's not anything different really. I'd say being signed with Live Nation, that touring is her top priority these days. Now, we all know how Madonna feels about performing the oldies and if she had to do "hits" tours every time she went on the road I do think she'd lose interest very quickly. Performing new material seems to get her juices flowing and keep her interested in continuing to tour. So I'd say music is just as important as it always has been to her. Despite everything she does music/touring is still where her "bread is buttered" so to speak, just as it always has been. Musically with each album she has people that love them and she has people that hate them, it's always been that way. I think it's easy to say when you happen to not like where she's at musically in a particular period that she's "losing interest" when in reality you simply just don't personally like her musical direction. Like you, I do think her music videos have declined for a number of years now (overall) but in her defense, it seems like during that period after MTV stopped playing videos and before youtube was massive is when she REALLY started to decline in that area. I can't really blame her for that either. Let's face it, she's NOT a 20 something who is on the forefront of technology and what's happening on that front like say Lady Gaga for example who really knows how to work the web to her advantage. Hopefully Madonna can learn to work that front a little better than she has been.

:clap:

I too see the Music scenario happening with GMAYL. I don't even think the final version is gonna be very different (if at all) from the one we have now. At least we can say we were on board from the very beginning and didn't have to let it "grow" on us (aka become a hit) for us to like it. hehe

I'm kinda dissapointed...it doesn't sounds like a strong enough first single, it's nowhere near even GI2M, not to mention Hung Up.

The same was said about:

Erotica (career suicide!)

Secret (too slow, didn't go anywhere)

Frozen (radio will never play it)

Also, when "Music" leaked it was deemed unfinished.

If 4 Minutes (though many won't agree, yet) is already considered a Madonna classic. This will definitely become another.

william orbit..

╔╦╦╦═╦╩╩╩═╣╚╣╗╔═╦═╦══╦═╗ ║║║║╩═╣║║╩╣ ╚══╩═╩═╩═╩╔╣╔╣║╚╣═╣ ╠╗║╚╝║║╠╗║╚║║═╣ ╚═╩══╩═╩═╩═╩╝╚╩═╩═╝ ╔═╦╗╔╦╗╔╦╦╗╔═╗ ║╚╣║ ─┐☆│▒│/▒│▒│/.

can anyone make out what this says? ;)

The only thing is..Music was very fresh and new even in it's demo form, and well GMAYL is just not.

It's true. Music was forward while GMAYL is retro. It will be a hit though. Will it be HU huge? Maybe. Will it be bigger than 4M? Probably. Is it groundbreaking? Not really. Is it great pop music? Oh Yeah.

By who? :lol:

A "classic" song or album needs to be not only remembered, enjoyed and recognized by the current or original generation of music fans who were around when the song/album was released, but the song/album needs to be remembered, enjoyed, and recognized by subsequent generations as well. Twenty years from now 4M will still be played in any high school game with a band in America. I don't know about the rest of the world, but in America 4M will not go away anytime soon.

she's not going to listen to this age stuff because there's always been something she SHOULD or SHOULDN'T be doing suggested by people that aren't doing much of anything.

Exactly!!!

If it was an American Life kind of darker song, with no lyrical flow, hook, etc., this would be an instant DOA regardless of the production.

Good point.

Also, thankfully, it's miles away from the unfortunate R&B vibe of Hard Candy. Even with the rumored collaborators, it's hard to imagine this song, with its pure pop melody and breezy cadence, being turned into some R&B monstrosity.

I'm not surprised that M is a little pissed off at the new single being leaked way ahead of its release date, she has every right to be. It ain't fair. They kind of spoilt it for those of us that wanted it to be a surprise, but hey, it's still in demo form, so it's unfinished and the production could change by the time it's released. I think I agree with Svperstar though, they probably need to go with something different for the first single.

Erm, you can always disconnect from the internet and not download it.

^

i've just realized the go go hints in the damn song...lol...i "loath" go go music in general..and just imaging Madonna go-going and cheerleading sounds kind of...ehh...disturbing :horn: ...but then again she disturbed us in the past so we'll see how this goes

Edited by deltax