Full GMAYL DEMO leak!

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

That's exactly what I was thinking before I read your post. I mean, where do we draw the line with this?? Can I just walk up to random "Jane" on the street and tell her I think her outfit looks like shit and she needs to change because it offends me?? Or if I pull up to a car at a stoplight and their window is down and they aren't playing a song I like, should I tell them to turn it off/down or else??

All of these opinionated assholes posting on Oribt's FB page and the like would probably stutter over their words if they tried to say what they typed to his face.

Rosie said people do that to Madonna, that someone in an elevator told her she looks like shit with dark hair. The Orbit thing is especially ignorant since it isn't his song :lol: OH WELL

I agree and disagree, I guess. Of course when you post something on facebook or twitter or release a song to the public, you can't expect everyone to say it's the greatest thing they ever head. People should be allowed to give their opinion even if it's negative. But a lot depends on how you say it. People tend to be rougher or less diplomatic on the Internet in real life. If you make constructive criticism and give reasons for why you don't like it, that's one thing. If you say it's a shit song and the producer and singer is a loser who's completely lost it, that's another. I think it's fine to criticize, just be aware you are talking to a real person with feelings and be responsible with it.

I don't think you can compare commenting on a song to commenting on someone's outfit. What you wear is just for you and doesn't really affect anyone else. That's totally different to a song that you will eventually be asking people to buy.

I see both sides. I just can't see someone going up to a painter who is displaying their painting at an exhibit and telling them it looks terrible and they should do this and that to make it better. Or what if an artist is having an album signing, should that be an opportunity for a fan to go up and give their opinion on an album and what they should've done to make it better? Of course people can voice their opinions but like Glinda said, there are certain ways to do things. It's like people don't remember TACT. When Orbit is essentially telling people to "cool it" with the insults toward him, Solveig and Madonna herself then to me that isn't cool.

Guest Not4Pussies

Would these same people walk up to Madonna/William Orbit/Martin Solveig on the street and trash their work to their face and tell them to "fix it" etc.? I could be wrong, but I doubt that they would.

Oh yes they would. Some of yhe infamous fonz from drownedmadonna, that Tony cakeboy guy snd his friends would go up to her and her people and do that

That's exactly what I was thinking before I read your post. I mean, where do we draw the line with this?? Can I just walk up to random "Jane" on the street and tell her I think her outfit looks like shit and she needs to change because it offends me?? Or if I pull up to a car at a stoplight and their window is down and they aren't playing a song I like, should I tell them to turn it off/down or else??

All of these opinionated assholes posting on Oribt's FB page and the like would probably stutter over their words if they tried to say what they typed to his face.

it's music people are supposed to have an opinion on it

Im sure we would all like to be surrounded by yes men. Its not healthy though, M's legacy is too good to be ruined. We all cock up (hey you, revolver, celabration) she needs to know the good from the bad. We all love her and are here to help. :)

'Crowd sourcing' is exactly this - telling a company, artist, or whatever what they like and what they don't like to produce a product that will have maximum impact.

However, for an artist like Madonna, as much as I would love to completely change many things about her discography, marketing etc, it's not about marketing. Madonna said 'Not every song can be a Vogue'. It's about where she is in a place in time, emotionally, spiritually etc and this applies to every artist

If we want to make music, we should make it, not tell other artists how they should express themselves.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I don't see the issue. He posted a song in an open forum on his Facebook, of course people will give their opinion. If he doesn't want to hear what others think, then don't post it for people to comment on it :dazed:

There is no "drawing the line", you're a known producer working for a high profile artist and putting your work OUT THERE, that comes with the job, who cares.

He is free to do whatever work he likes, people are free to comment on it, and he's free to tell them to get fucked.

Oh yes they would. Some of yhe infamous fonz from drownedmadonna, that Tony cakeboy guy snd his friends would go up to her and her people and do that

Yes I didn't even think about that. But does she or her people REALLY take their "suggestions" into consideration?? I highly doubt it. It would be impossible for Madonna to unanimously appease all of her fans at the same time because we all like different things. Person A, B and C may want her to do American Life part 2. Person X, Y and Z won't spend a dime on her album unless it's a "dance" album like COADF.

Here is just one example, I can remember reports of fans screaming at Guy Oseary at her S&S shows (and maybe prior tours too) that we want Blond Ambition and Reinvention on DVD. 3-4 years have gone by and we are still waiting. So it's all fine and dandy to scream and cuss on her Facebook that you want this that and the other but I highly doubt it makes a difference. In fact, I would think Madonna would just dismiss those types of fans as loons and not take their opinion seriously. If a fan has an opinion or makes a suggestion in a tactful way perhaps she would take it into consideration. All I'm saying is there is no reason William Orbit should be "closing his laptop" because of irate fans bombarding his Facebook page. There is a way to do things and people log onto the internet and lose all sense of tact and rationality it seems.

it's music people are supposed to have an opinion on it

Having an opinion on it and telling an artist how they should "sculpt their art" are two different things. I'm not saying EVERY fan voicing their opinion is a bad thing. Just the ones that apparently lack common decency and social interaction skills. If they know so much about crafting a critically acclaimed hit song that will appeal to ALL fans and critics then perhaps they should go make their own album.

I don't see the issue. He posted a song in an open forum on his Facebook, of course people will give their opinion. If he doesn't want to hear what others think, then don't post it for people to comment on it :dazed:

There is no "drawing the line", you're a known producer working for a high profile artist and putting your work OUT THERE, that comes with the job, who cares.

He is free to do whatever work he likes, people are free to comment on it, and he's free to tell them to get fucked.

some people like to bitch just for the sake of bitching.

I agree and disagree, I guess. Of course when you post something on facebook or twitter or release a song to the public, you can't expect everyone to say it's the greatest thing they ever head. People should be allowed to give their opinion even if it's negative. But a lot depends on how you say it. People tend to be rougher or less diplomatic on the Internet in real life. If you make constructive criticism and give reasons for why you don't like it, that's one thing. If you say it's a shit song and the producer and singer is a loser who's completely lost it, that's another. I think it's fine to criticize, just be aware you are talking to a real person with feelings and be responsible with it.

I don't think you can compare commenting on a song to commenting on someone's outfit. What you wear is just for you and doesn't really affect anyone else. That's totally different to a song that you will eventually be asking people to buy.

You're right. You can't "compare commenting on a song to commenting on someone's outfit". Though in this case, people were quite rude and nasty regarding a "demo" which wasn't really intended for our ears. Not only that, the comments were aimed at the wrong producer. If it was a "finished" piece that Madonna officially released, then I'd say people have the right to share their opinions. But to just bombard the wrong producer over a DEMO is just over the top and ignorant. Saying... "but I'm sure the finished product is the same" is bullshit because no one knows for sure if it is at this point. Furthermore, we've heard many early demos that ended up sounding nothing like the final version. It's like people have forgotten the process Madonna goes through to get to a finished song. Even in the early days, we found out "Burning Up", "Stay", "Holiday" and "Ain't No Big Deal" sounded much different than the end product.

But wait? Martin didn't post the demo. And the comments were mostly aimed at William Orbit. And yes, there is a line when it's a "demo" that was leaked that the producer didn't intend for you to hear versus the finished product which the producer would be more inclined to hear your input.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

But wait? Martin didn't post the demo. And the comments were mostly aimed at William Orbit. And yes, there is a line when it's a "demo" that was leaked that the producer didn't intend for you to hear versus the finished product which the producer would be more inclined to hear your input.

Oh well, it's the net, it's how things happen on here. I'm sure Martin can handle it, he's a big boy.