Tour 2012

Guest groovyguy

Guest LeJazzHot!

Can someone please tweet Guy and ask what the real name of this tour is gonna be? Something tells me Madonna Tour 2012 isn't it and that name wasn't really confirmed to really be that title anyway

Can someone please tweet Guy and ask what the real name of this tour is gonna be? Something tells me Madonna Tour 2012 isn't it and that name wasn't really confirmed to really be that title anyway

i was just thinking that today what the hell is the tours name?

photo-780592.JPG

Close up of the pit and stage plans.

It looks like they included the band stands on this stage plan. It looks like at the ends will be the keyboards. Then it looks like the drummer near the middle, but there's another figure that looks like it could be a percussionist? It's the figures that appear on the plan as being behind the main stage as if it will be raised from the main dance floor. I wonder where the backing vocalists will be placed on the stage. This appears to be something different from the typical Jamie King setup.

The TRUTH has been revealed! VIP vs. PIT

Written by Icon member Rupe

Posted Today, 01:02 PM

Well, I fought the fight as look as possible, but now thetruth has been exposed and I can no longer wish on a star. I have just spoken with a very knowledgeable VIP Nation Rep who has explained EVERYTHING! First, and most importantly, the inside of the triangle IS the pit and is reserved for contest winners ONLY. There will ONLY be 25 people plus their one guest, for a total of 50 people within that 1278 sq. ft. space. They will be free to move all around the space, following Madonna wherever she goes. VIP Nation said they are working on the announcement for VIP ticket holders to also take part in the contest, so NO ONE will be left out.

Now, for the bad news (at least in my opinion), thespeculation here that the VIP packages start at the first row of the “V”outline is in fact CORRECT. Regardless of the email shared here stating that the main stage is the starting point for row counting, the Madonna stage is different. VIP Nation is considering the “V” as the main stage and the pit to be part of the stage. So, the Ultimate VIP package holders will be in the first row, while VIP Party Packages will be in the second to ninth rows in sections A-D. The Rep told me they had made a mistake on the row count as there is not a tenth row. So, to recap, all VIP party packages will be seated within sections A-D. There will be an “open bar” for partypack holders, but it will only consist of beer and wine (liquor is not free).

No, I am not too happy about this. I thought my VIP tickets would be much closer than this, and now, I know there will be 50 people in front of the best seat I could purchase. Call it petty, call it what you want…I don’t give a ***, in my opinion this is NOT what I was paying for. Frankly, I could have saved a lot of money by simply buying less expensive tickets and had just as good a view.

Now, for what I consider even worse news. The third tier VIP is in fact in the first three sections immediately behind A-D. In the case of the Staples Center in LA, that would be sections 4-6. The Rep said they have what they consider to be the best seats within those sections, although it is ENTIRELY possible that someone sitting next to you only paid the regular Ticketmaster price. She tried to tamper my concern by saying, but we think all our clients recognize that all the extra goodies you get make the VIP package worth the extra money. My replay: “not necessarily.” I said that most of us thought we were purchasing access, not STUFF, we can buy that without your help. Nonetheless, this is how it is. In my opinion, the third tier VIP holders having something to be really pissed about.

As for the fourth tier VIP, the reserved bowl seats, thoseare the first ten rows immediately off the floor at the first section from the stage. At the Staples Center, that would be sections 113 and 118 rows 1-10. These are the allusive tickets that were never sold on Ticketmaster that I have been looking for. In my opinion, it is the fourth tier VIP that hit the jackpot. Why, because I have row11 in section 113, via Ticketmaster, and I paid $375, while the VIP holders in the ten rows below me, only paid $275, plus they get goodies.

Had all of this been known from the beginning, I know my purchases would have been completely different, for starters…no VIP. Nope, I’m not a happy camper today.

Source: Madonna.com/Icon Boards

Can someone elaborate. I'm little bit confused.

Same thoughts here , i bought a VIP packege and it sucks that now i have 50 people in front of me

What 50 people? The people inside the pit? They won't both you...how are they designating the regular seats with the VIP ones?

hm, I wouldn't consider the pitt people ahead since it's part of the stage

I know that's why I'm a bit curious how it effects and interferes with those that spent on VIP tickets and if it actually works in my favor of having B5 seats for both Atlantic City and Yankee Stadium shows?

I have VIP first 10 rows for one night, I'm not upset about it... but alot of people are. They feel they spent all that money to ensure getting the best seats, and they're not getting them. I understand that, but I think the first few rows will have a better overall view IMO. Plus, they are getting the best seats. I think the pit is a fun idea, definitely will help increase the number of people redeeming their "free" albums.

The name of the tour is going to announced next week. Its called "The I Need To Pay The Mortgage Tour"

:lmao:

Guest groovyguy

hm, I wouldn't consider the pitt people ahead since it's part of the stage

Some are upset that they had to spend a lot of money - VIP tickets - to be near the stage while some fans are going to be lucky to be in the pit by winning contests/sweepstakes and not paying anything for the spot in the pit. Just human nature. The thought that they should be in the pit since they forked out so much $$$ instead of those who are going to win free tickets to the pit by luck.

I was in the pit for RIT and although close, the sound was shit (you couldnt hear) and for 90% of the show you were looking at the back of her and couldnt see the screens. This pit looks better though, but it looks more gold circle. Its confusing.

Guest groovyguy

http://boyculture.typepad.com/boy_culture/2012/03/manumerology.html

Manumerology

6a00d8341c2ca253ef0168e8a3e1f1970c-400wi

... Observation about Madonna's tours:

2001 Drowned World

2012 Madonna World Tour

1993 Girlie Show

2004 Re-Invention

1985 Virgin

2006 Confessions

1987 Who's That Girl

2008 Sticky & Sweet

2009 Sticky & Sweet 2nd leg

1990 Blond Ambition

Odd...in all these years of touring, she's never once toured in such a way that she has duplicated the last digit of the year. The first time it will be broken is whenever her next tour is. Maybe in 2017? Or if it's 2019, it could replace the 2nd leg of Sticky & Sweet. Not that I place any meaning in numerological conicidences. It's just odd.

Guest ditaluver

http://boyculture.typepad.com/boy_culture/2012/03/manumerology.html

Manumerology

6a00d8341c2ca253ef0168e8a3e1f1970c-400wi

... Observation about Madonna's tours:

2001 Drowned World

2012 Madonna World Tour

1993 Girlie Show

2004 Re-Invention

1985 Virgin

2006 Confessions

1987 Who's That Girl

2008 Sticky & Sweet

2009 Sticky & Sweet 2nd leg

1990 Blond Ambition

Odd...in all these years of touring, she's never once toured in such a way that she has duplicated the last digit of the year. The first time it will be broken is whenever her next tour is. Maybe in 2017? Or if it's 2019, it could replace the 2nd leg of Sticky & Sweet. Not that I place any meaning in numerological conicidences. It's just odd.

CRAZY!!!!!!

:horny:

Guest MDNANY

I registered on Madonna.com I see everything but for some reason everytime I try to tread the message boards they dont work it says "error."

What should I do?

Can anyone please post here what people are saying about the Truth of VIP packages and other peoples responses to it. I really would like to see what other people are thinking about it.

Thanks.

I registered on Madonna.com I see everything but for some reason everytime I try to tread the message boards they dont work it says "error."

What should I do?

Can anyone please post here what people are saying about the Truth of VIP packages and other peoples responses to it. I really would like to see what other people are thinking about it.

Thanks.

Contact Johann he will get the boards working for you: http://fancommunity.madonna.com/index.php?showuser=34221

Use the "Send me a message" function.

Edit: Oh, unless you didn't get a Live Pass. Anyway, they're just talking about the location of the VIP seats. Some people thought they would be in the triangle for some reason, the conclusion was that obviously the VIP packages will not be located in the triangle/pit. What do you want to know? I can't be posting the whole board here. They're just exchanging their opinions/ideas, some are upset for various reasons, some aren't.

I have VIP first 10 rows for one night, I'm not upset about it... but alot of people are. They feel they spent all that money to ensure getting the best seats, and they're not getting them. I understand that, but I think the first few rows will have a better overall view IMO. Plus, they are getting the best seats. I think the pit is a fun idea, definitely will help increase the number of people redeeming their "free" albums.

Some are upset that they had to spend a lot of money - VIP tickets - to be near the stage while some fans are going to be lucky to be in the pit by winning contests/sweepstakes and not paying anything for the spot in the pit. Just human nature. The thought that they should be in the pit since they forked out so much $$$ instead of those who are going to win free tickets to the pit by luck.

UGH. People are always going to complain about something I suppose. I agree with you, Baby Dietrich... I don't fully understand the argument of this Rupe poster (from ICON) -- because when you buy any VIP package, you agree that you will not know your exact seat assignment until the day of the concert. What they do tell you is that you're guaranteed in the front row (for the top option), in the first ten rows (for the second option), in the first twenty rows (for the third option), and I can't recall what the fourth option guaranteed. I assume they are maybe not floor seats, but the front rows in the 'bowl' or whatever.

Point is, you KNOW when you commit to it that you're not going to know your exact position. Even if you bought the best option -- for front row seats (which was an excessive crazy amount for one ticket) -- you're still not being screwed by this pit contest. They are not obscuring anyone's view. It's not like they are going to put up another row of seats in front of you so that someone ELSE is now in the front row instead of you.

As someone else said, the pit is a different experience entirely (I would assume -- I've never been in one).

Back to that Rupe poster -- sounds like they must have bought multiple tickets, because I don't follow everything. One minute they're talking about VIP tickets (which come from VIP Nation, not Ticketmaster) and then they're complaining that someone who bought VIP tickets paid $100 less than they did for Ticketmaster tickets. So ... I mean, I was stressed a little when I was trying to make my own decision about which tickets to get and everything, so I guess I understand some frustration, but ... if you fork out the cash, you're still getting what they promised to deliver. You also have the early guarantee of a ticket, whereas some people may pay less later on, but they're taking their chances as to whether they can actually secure a ticket.

Guest MDNANY

@ Baby Dietrich Thank You so much! I messaged them. Hopefully they will answer soon.

How come it seems everyone can see the boards but me? I log in I click on a topic in the board and it says "Error"

I have been trying for like 2 months or so.