Tour 2012

Guest groovyguy

I don't understand why the hardcore fans keep saying they prefer arenas over stadiums. As long as you get Gold Circle (which most hardcore fans get), then it really is no different than being Block A in an arena. Unless you're 70+ and you need to sit down of course. :manson:

10,000 in Golden Circle? That seems a bit less exclusive now!! Really need to get there early...

I know, 10k! Hardly the same as block A in an arena, haha.

I agree though that golden circle will be a good experience, even if there are 9,999 others vying for the best spot.

did u guys expect a golden circle of just 1000 people or so?? a golden circle is also for security reasons..a buffer between the stage and the majority of the attendance..

The term "golden circle" does not imply the size of an average arena. 10,000. They are fucking pisstakers.

I am holding out for Birmingham and would be happy with normal tickets.

Golden Circle - MY ARSE.

The term "golden circle" does not imply the size of an average arena. 10,000. They are fucking pisstakers.

Golden Circle - MY ARSE.

Yep they can get to fuck. Suppose its great if youre 7 foot tall and dont want a drink or go to the loo for the whole day and pay £130 x 2 for the pleasure. Im hanging on. I think im too old haha, but ive had a seat at the front for over 20 years. Id end up behind a tall person and rowing with a crowd pusher.

(I guess if I have to I have to. :lol: )

Golden Circle - MY ARSE.

By having a golden circle for 10,000 people and charging an

extra £50 they can rake in 500k. They dont have to do a thing since there

are no seats. Everyone can scrap for their tiny piece off grass to stand on.

It's all about the money.

According to local reports, she could be playing up to 5 shows in Buenos Aires, i guess it all depends on the demand and the tour schedule.

I know, but since it will probably be held in La Plata instead of River Plate stadium inside the city, it should be a little less massive than the last time. I know a lot of people who went in 2008, came out very excited about going back if she returned, now when you tell them it's in La Plata most of them are not going. I don't think she'll do one more gig than last time for that being the reason. Plus, the ticket prices will be high in comparison with other venues this time around since she doesn't need to fill the stadium like the last time cause the DVD is not going to be filmed here. We'll probably see in March but I say three.

Yep they can get to fuck. Suppose its great if youre 7 foot tall and dont want a drink or go to the loo for the whole day and pay £130 x 2 for the pleasure. Im hanging on. I think im too old haha, but ive had a seat at the front for over 20 years. Id end up behind a tall person and rowing with a crowd pusher.

(I guess if I have to I have to. :lol: )

:lol:

I remember one of my friends being annoyed at constantly being pushed/shoved at the Girlie Show.

She decided to NIP people and continued to do it at other concerts until she got a smack by some big butch lesbian. :lmao:

I remember one of my friends being annoyed at constantly being pushed/shoved at the Girlie Show.

She decided to NIP people and continued to do it at other concerts until she got a smack by some big butch lesbian. :lmao:

Oh god. :lol:

Im terrible, last George Michael tour I swore I wouldnt do the front of a stadium again. I lit up a fag out of stress from pushers in trying to keep my gob shut. (only for a couple of drags). Yes my bad, I know. I did apologise but ended up having a row and my friends mum hitting some bitch over the head with her umbrella. Confessions I poured half a pint over someone in an arena for not dancing and had a go. At the end she got up and had a walking stick. :(

Guest northernlad

Confessions I poured half a pint over someone in an arena for not dancing and had a go. At the end she got up and had a walking stick. :(

:D Good lord.

Im terrible, last George Michael tour I swore I wouldnt do the front of a stadium again. I lit up a fag out of stress from pushers in trying to keep my gob shut. (only for a couple of drags). Yes my bad, I know. I did apologise but ended up having a row and my friends mum hitting some bitch over the head with her umbrella. Confessions I poured half a pint over someone in an arena for not dancing and had a go. At the end she got up and had a walking stick. :(

:rotfl:

:dead:

Haha you're the best x

:lmao:

Haha you're the best x

I wish I was but im the worst. Im not proud, chucked out of the pit in RIT, not being allowed to meet Christina at a backstage meet and greet, getting told off at Britney for pushing a kid of her chair (she was in the way), Not being allowed into Gaga, flying down the stairs at Alanis and breaking my arm. Breaking my rib on the front bar at Lenny Kravitz. Falling dont the stairs and slicing my nose at confessions in Prague trying to catch a baloon (with no insurance)Still got the scar. Im just clumsy, id love to be grown up. I mean that. Im just a twat basically. :grr:

I know, but since it will probably be held in La Plata instead of River Plate stadium inside the city, it should be a little less massive than the last time. I know a lot of people who went in 2008, came out very excited about going back if she returned, now when you tell them it's in La Plata most of them are not going. I don't think she'll do one more gig than last time for that being the reason. Plus, the ticket prices will be high in comparison with other venues this time around since she doesn't need to fill the stadium like the last time cause the DVD is not going to be filmed here. We'll probably see in March but I say three.

It IS going to be in La Plata, the stadium has already been booked, i think it holds up to 45,000 ppl, right?

Like i said, it will all depend on the demand and how the negotiations with the other countries work out(As far as i know Brazil, Chile and Peru are locked).

I also don't see her doing 4/5 shows this time around, the economy is in the dumps and ticket prices will be significantly higher.

But hey, she's coming! So yay!

HYDE PARK MEGA-CONCERTS AT RISK AFTER NEIGHBOURS COMPLAIN ABOUT THE NOISE

Major music concerts in Hyde Park could be axed because Westminster council believes they are too noisy.

Future performances by the likes of Rihanna and Madonna are under threat after complaints from wealthy Mayfair residents about the "repetitive" noise caused by dance acts.

Boris Johnson is said to be "extremely concerned" and told the Standard: "I want to see Madonna in Hyde Park".

There are fears that the decision could threaten concerts planned for Hyde Park during the Olympics.

Westminster councillors are expected to approve new restrictions at a meeting on Friday.

The local authority faced a storm of protest over its plans to charge for parking in the evenings and on weekends, which were abandoned last month following the resignation of council leader Colin Barrow.

Organisers of events including the O2 Wireless festival today said all future concerts in the park could now be at risk.

The council is targeting dance acts such as The Chemical Brothers, who played to more than 30,000 people at the festival last summer. A report for the licensing sub-committee says 109 complaints about noise were made last year, double the number in 2010.

Westminster wants to cut the number of concerts allowed each year from 13 to six; to lower the noise level from 75 to 73 decibels; and to reduce crowds from a maximum of 80,000 people to 50,000 on safety grounds.

John Probyn, chief operating officer of concert promoters Live Nation, said: "The sound levels allowed in Hyde Park are already lower than any other venue in the country. If they reduce it any more then artists simply will not want to play the venue."

The Mayor said: "We're very much hoping that Hyde Park will continue to be a great venue for London for the future. Obviously we need to meet the concerns of residents but Westminster will hopefully address those and Hyde Park will continue to be a great venue for London.

"I want to see Madonna in Hyde Park and so does everybody else, I hope a good solution will be reached this week."

Sources said the financing for the Olympic concert is "tied into" other events: "If the summer festivals are under threat, there is a real fear the Olympics concert could be too."

A council report, seen by the Standard, states: "Evidence has shown that continuous dance music has led to the highest number of complaints made for an event, specifically where the Chemical Brothers generated 30 complaints in one day and also in 2008 where Fatboy Slim generated 20 complaints. It is felt that continuous and repetitive nature of this music has meant it is unsuitable for this location."

A number of residents associations have urged the council to act.

"It's pretty bad," said Mike Dunn, vice-chairman of the Mayfair Residents Group. "There are two issues for us -the number of concerts and noise they're allowed to make. If you sit here with the windows open on a hot day, you can hear every word."

Councillor Glenys Roberts said: "I like to watch the men's Wimbledon final but there's always a concert on that Sunday and the noise completely drowns out the television."

Leith Penny, Westminster's strategic director for city management, said: "The reality is that the number of complaints generated has risen to quite a considerable extent in recent years. The committee will take all points of view into account."

PUBS and clubs are to be allowed to open longer to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. MPs are due to consider new legislation on Monday that will enable licensees to stay open after 11pm on June 1 and 2 without applying to councils for extensions which cost £21 each.

However, the Home Office has decided against allowing a four-day knees-up despite the following Monday and Tuesday being declared bank holidays to tie in with a free pop concert at Buckingham Palace to mark the Queen's 60-year reign. Pubs that wish to serve until 1am on the Monday and Tuesday mornings of the bank holiday will have to apply for extensions in the usual manner.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-24035664-hyde-park-mega-concerts-at-risk-after-neighbours-complain-about-the-noise.do

It IS going to be in La Plata, the stadium has already been booked, i think it holds up to 45,000 ppl, right?Like i said, it will all depend on the demand and how the negotiations with the other countries work out(As far as i know Brazil, Chile and Peru are locked).I also don't see her doing 4/5 shows this time around, the economy is in the dumps and ticket prices will be significantly higher.But hey, she's coming! So yay!

actually the economy has improved in this country since 2008, but let's not discuss that here, shall we?

HYDE PARK MEGA-CONCERTS AT RISK AFTER NEIGHBOURS COMPLAIN ABOUT THE NOISE

Major music concerts in Hyde Park could be axed because Westminster council believes they are too noisy.

Future performances by the likes of Rihanna and Madonna are under threat after complaints from wealthy Mayfair residents about the "repetitive" noise caused by dance acts.

Boris Johnson is said to be "extremely concerned" and told the Standard: "I want to see Madonna in Hyde Park".

There are fears that the decision could threaten concerts planned for Hyde Park during the Olympics.

Westminster councillors are expected to approve new restrictions at a meeting on Friday.

The local authority faced a storm of protest over its plans to charge for parking in the evenings and on weekends, which were abandoned last month following the resignation of council leader Colin Barrow.

Organisers of events including the O2 Wireless festival today said all future concerts in the park could now be at risk.

The council is targeting dance acts such as The Chemical Brothers, who played to more than 30,000 people at the festival last summer. A report for the licensing sub-committee says 109 complaints about noise were made last year, double the number in 2010.

Westminster wants to cut the number of concerts allowed each year from 13 to six; to lower the noise level from 75 to 73 decibels; and to reduce crowds from a maximum of 80,000 people to 50,000 on safety grounds.

John Probyn, chief operating officer of concert promoters Live Nation, said: "The sound levels allowed in Hyde Park are already lower than any other venue in the country. If they reduce it any more then artists simply will not want to play the venue."

The Mayor said: "We're very much hoping that Hyde Park will continue to be a great venue for London for the future. Obviously we need to meet the concerns of residents but Westminster will hopefully address those and Hyde Park will continue to be a great venue for London.

"I want to see Madonna in Hyde Park and so does everybody else, I hope a good solution will be reached this week."

Sources said the financing for the Olympic concert is "tied into" other events: "If the summer festivals are under threat, there is a real fear the Olympics concert could be too."

A council report, seen by the Standard, states: "Evidence has shown that continuous dance music has led to the highest number of complaints made for an event, specifically where the Chemical Brothers generated 30 complaints in one day and also in 2008 where Fatboy Slim generated 20 complaints. It is felt that continuous and repetitive nature of this music has meant it is unsuitable for this location."

A number of residents associations have urged the council to act.

"It's pretty bad," said Mike Dunn, vice-chairman of the Mayfair Residents Group. "There are two issues for us -the number of concerts and noise they're allowed to make. If you sit here with the windows open on a hot day, you can hear every word."

Councillor Glenys Roberts said: "I like to watch the men's Wimbledon final but there's always a concert on that Sunday and the noise completely drowns out the television."

Leith Penny, Westminster's strategic director for city management, said: "The reality is that the number of complaints generated has risen to quite a considerable extent in recent years. The committee will take all points of view into account."

PUBS and clubs are to be allowed to open longer to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. MPs are due to consider new legislation on Monday that will enable licensees to stay open after 11pm on June 1 and 2 without applying to councils for extensions which cost £21 each.

However, the Home Office has decided against allowing a four-day knees-up despite the following Monday and Tuesday being declared bank holidays to tie in with a free pop concert at Buckingham Palace to mark the Queen's 60-year reign. Pubs that wish to serve until 1am on the Monday and Tuesday mornings of the bank holiday will have to apply for extensions in the usual manner.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-24035664-hyde-park-mega-concerts-at-risk-after-neighbours-complain-about-the-noise.do

The Independent

High-profile gigs by stars including Madonna will go ahead as planned in London's Hyde Park this summer after a decision by councillors.

But from next year the number of concerts at the outdoor venue will be reduced from 13 to nine, following complaints about noise.

The number of people attending events will be reduced from 80,000 to 65,000 and in some cases 50,000, again from 2013, Westminster Council's licensing sub-committee ruled.

In the meantime there will be improved provisions for safety at the end of concerts, including more stewards, and for cleaning up mess left after them, both in and around the park, with costs to be met by the Royal Parks.

There will also be more monitoring points for music with a repetitive bass beat, which will be tested through the 2012 events and reassessed later in the year.

Mayor of London Boris Johnson said he was "delighted" by the decision, which meant "all systems are go for a summer like no other in our Olympic year".

The number of concerts to be held came into question after residents in well-to-do Knightsbridge and Belgravia complained about noise.

There were 109 complaints from residents in 2011, around twice as many as in 2010.

Cllr Audrey Lewis, Westminster Council's licensing chairman, said: "Legally, as central London's licensing authority, we have a duty to balance the needs of local residents with the desire of concert organisers to hold events and the compromise that the committee has reached tonight does all of this."

Mr Johnson said: "I'm delighted that common sense has prevailed. Hyde Park is one of the crown jewels of London's great outdoors, attracting Londoners and tourists alike, and this fantastic news means all systems are go for a summer like no other in our Olympic year.

"Westminster are right to respect their residents, but they also have a responsibility for the economic vitality of the capital overall. Large-scale music events like the Hyde Park concerts make a massive contribution to London's economy, underpinning the city's reputation for great music and as a global leader at staging world-class events."

John Probyn, chief operating officer of Live Nation, which is promoting gigs featuring acts such as Bruce Springsteen and Madonna at the park this summer, said: "Live Nation is delighted with the outcome of today's meeting. This is good news for the thousands of Londoners and visitors from overseas enjoying all concerts we have in place, and also the London 2012 events in Hyde Park this summer.

"We have listened to the concerns of the residents and will continue to do so while working closely with Westminster Council and the Royal Parks."

Hi all,

sorry if this has been asked already... I have gold circle tickets for Hyde Park and I've been told by Ticketmaster/Live Nation that GC ticket holder doors open at 3:30pm (the show begins at 7pm I think?) How long would you guys suggest queuing up beforehand? I really want to be as close to the front as possible as I'm a massive fan and never had the chance to see a show live before so have no idea how early I should really get there, any help would be appreciated!!

Do you guys watch the leaked videos of the tour before going to the show yourself. I always did but I'm questioning if I should just hold my breath this year and be surprised. That would also probably mean, not going into a lot of threads that would be discussing the setlist and outfits and performance videos which would suck while I wait...what do you guys normally do?

Guest Fukujima

most of you are saying that the Superbowl's performance didn't help Madonna at all..i think it helped Madonna TOURWISE rather than with GAYL...most of her already sold out shows are in the States.

most of you are saying that the Superbowl's performance didn't help Madonna at all..i think it helped Madonna TOURWISE rather than with GAYL...most of her already sold out shows are in the States.

I think she is also covering more of America than she normally does.

Do you guys watch the leaked videos of the tour before going to the show yourself. I always did but I'm questioning if I should just hold my breath this year and be surprised. That would also probably mean, not going into a lot of threads that would be discussing the setlist and outfits and performance videos which would suck while I wait...what do you guys normally do?

I definely will look at the setlist and any photos... I try not to watch too many videos, maybe just a couple of crappy quality ones.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2103269/Madonnas-daughter-15-join-mother-stage.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Madonna's daughter, 15, will join her mother on stage

By Katie Nicholl

Last updated at 1:58 AM on 19th February 2012

Madonna will have a new dancer on her forthcoming world tour – her daughter Lourdes.

The 15-year-old will join the singer's team of backing dancers when she kicks off her 50-country world tour in Israel in May.

'It is the first time Lourdes will have appeared on stage with her mum,' says a source.

'There are risqué dancers and some blatantly sexual dance routines – but Madonna is really excited about Lourdes making an appearance.'

Lourdes helped Madonna, 53, choose her tour dancers at recent rehearsals at Pineapple Studios in London.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2103269/Madonnas-daughter-15-join-mother-stage.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Madonna's daughter, 15, will join her mother on stage

By Katie Nicholl

Last updated at 1:58 AM on 19th February 2012

Madonna will have a new dancer on her forthcoming world tour – her daughter Lourdes.

The 15-year-old will join the singer's team of backing dancers when she kicks off her 50-country world tour in Israel in May.

'It is the first time Lourdes will have appeared on stage with her mum,' says a source.

'There are risqué dancers and some blatantly sexual dance routines – but Madonna is really excited about Lourdes making an appearance.'

Lourdes helped Madonna, 53, choose her tour dancers at recent rehearsals at Pineapple Studios in London.

I read this yesterday and wondered if it was true. Daily Mail isn't the best of sources. It would certainly be an interesting way for them to spend time together!

I wonder if Rocco will breakdance again?

When Mercy and David get a little older, they can be like the Osmonds...