Tour 2012

Guest groovyguy

THE Queen of Pop may already have taken Berlin, New York and Amsterdam but recession-riddled Dublin is threatening her "sell-out" reputation.

According to promoter MCD, tickets for Madonna's concert in Lansdowne Road on July 24 are "selling very well", having gone on sale early yesterday.

But there was still plenty of availability when the Irish Independent tried to buy seats for the only Irish date of the global tour yesterday.

Tickets for the gig range in price from €54.65 to €141 (plus the Ticketmaster €6.10 'service charge') and all but the cheapest were still bookable last night.

The ready availability of tickets for the Dublin leg contrasts with New York, Amsterdam and Berlin which all sold out within hours.

And Michael Buble sold out 45,000 tickets for Lansdowne in just 10 minutes last year. Perhaps the cash-strapped Irish didn't think much of her Madgesty's dismissal of those grumbing about high ticket prices.

'Crazy'

"People spend $300 on crazy things all the time, things like handbags", she told 'Newsweek'. "Work all year, scrape the money together, and come to my show. I'm worth it."

A spokesman for MCD yesterday described the sales in Dublin as "fantastic" but refused to say whether the promoter was expecting a sell-out.

The pop superstar will perform in 26 European cities, along with shows in the US, South America, Australia and Canada. 'Madonna 2012 World' begins on May 29 in Tel Aviv, Israel.

This will be Madge's largest tour itinerary, with 90 planned dates. The tour will support Madonna's 12th studio album, 'MDNA', which goes on global release on March 26.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/credit-crisis-hits-madonna-ticket-sales-3023871.html

THE Queen of Pop may already have taken Berlin, New York and Amsterdam but recession-riddled Dublin is threatening her "sell-out" reputation.

According to promoter MCD, tickets for Madonna's concert in Lansdowne Road on July 24 are "selling very well", having gone on sale early yesterday.

But there was still plenty of availability when the Irish Independent tried to buy seats for the only Irish date of the global tour yesterday.

Tickets for the gig range in price from €54.65 to €141 (plus the Ticketmaster €6.10 'service charge') and all but the cheapest were still bookable last night.

The ready availability of tickets for the Dublin leg contrasts with New York, Amsterdam and Berlin which all sold out within hours.

And Michael Buble sold out 45,000 tickets for Lansdowne in just 10 minutes last year. Perhaps the cash-strapped Irish didn't think much of her Madgesty's dismissal of those grumbing about high ticket prices.

'Crazy'

"People spend $300 on crazy things all the time, things like handbags", she told 'Newsweek'. "Work all year, scrape the money together, and come to my show. I'm worth it."

A spokesman for MCD yesterday described the sales in Dublin as "fantastic" but refused to say whether the promoter was expecting a sell-out.

The pop superstar will perform in 26 European cities, along with shows in the US, South America, Australia and Canada. 'Madonna 2012 World' begins on May 29 in Tel Aviv, Israel.

This will be Madge's largest tour itinerary, with 90 planned dates. The tour will support Madonna's 12th studio album, 'MDNA', which goes on global release on March 26.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/credit-crisis-hits-madonna-ticket-sales-3023871.html

I don't understand why she bothers to tour Ireland.

RIT - All venues sold out except Slane, Ireland. (90% full)

Hung Up - Ireland is the ONLY European country where HU didn't go #1

COADF - Ireland is the ONLY European country where COADF didn't go #1

She should drop Ireland PERMANENTLY. :americanlife:

It does, papi. It's called the Madonna World Tour 2012. They've decided to go with a simple monicker this time.

Apparently it was originally going to be MDNA Tour but they feared a backlash over drug references in some countries.

It does, papi. It's called the Madonna World Tour 2012. They've decided to go with a simple monicker this time.

Apparently it was originally going to be MDNA Tour but they feared a backlash over drug references in some countries.

Oh, blah. It should have a name! The MDNA Tour would've been simple and premium. Ah well.

I read this yesterday and wondered if it was true. Daily Mail isn't the best of sources. It would certainly be an interesting way for them to spend time together!

I wonder if Rocco will breakdance again?

When Mercy and David get a little older, they can be like the Osmonds...

They haven't even started rehearsals have they? How can there be 'blatantly sexual dance routines' already? Has a choreographer been confirmed? I suppose they could be working on routines before proper rehearsals begin.

They haven't even started rehearsals have they? How can there be 'blatantly sexual dance routines' already? Has a choreographer been confirmed? I suppose they could be working on routines before proper rehearsals begin.

Exactly.

Dancers have certainly been selected at this point, perhaps that is how this leaked, if it is in fact true. One glaring problem with this rumor is Lourdes schooling. Sure she's free in the summer, but what about fall/winter? It is rare that Madonna swaps out dancers between tour legs. Also there are child labor laws that would require a studio teacher to be "on set" when the tour runs into her normal school season. And Madonna is pretty serious about her education.

Tour rehearsals will probably start right after the GGW video.

I think they should call this tour "The L-U-V Madonna World Tour 2012".

Ppl may mistaken that as Floppita's tour :crazy:

Or maybe not, since Floppita's LUV single flopped so badly, hardly anyone knows she has a song titled LUV. :bad:

Do you guys watch the leaked videos of the tour before going to the show yourself. I always did but I'm questioning if I should just hold my breath this year and be surprised. That would also probably mean, not going into a lot of threads that would be discussing the setlist and outfits and performance videos which would suck while I wait...what do you guys normally do?

I usually do since i don't plan on attending this tour I will usually watch the professional snippets from local news outlets. The set list usually spoils it for me anyway

Guest groovyguy

Big Bob @FSBigBob

(Oprah Voice) MAAADDDOONNNAAAAA!!! ADDED A PITTSBURGH SHOW 961kiss.com/pages/madonna.… First Chance To Win Tix 5p Hour Today With @961Flick

CONSOL Energy Center @CONSOLEnergyCtr

In case you missed this morning's announcement, Madonna returns to Pittsburgh on November 6! Tickets go on sale 2/27 @ 10 AM.

http://www.961kiss.com/pages/madonna.html?feed=452073&article=9785289

1853_1329769969.jpg

Guest groovyguy

http://www.yle.fi/uutiset/news/2012/02/eurozone_crisis_hits_concert_tickets_3274226.html

Eurozone crisis hits concert tickets

The debt crisis in the economies within the eurozone is having an impact on the concert business. Ticket prices in Finland have gone up for concerts featuring international artists who bill in US dollars. The crisis has also shifted some scheduled concert dates.

The American heavy metal giant Metallica has pushed forward its latest European tour by a year. The band will also be in Finland already this coming summer - the reason is the eurozone crisis. At current exchange rates, the tour may be more profitable now than in a year's time. If the eurozone crisis worsens, there is even the chance that organizers in some countries will not be able to pay for Metallica's spectacular and expensive shows.

The eurozone crisis may be reflected in what concerts are on offer in Finland, as well, according to the concert agency Live Nation Finland.

"At the moment, the downward trend of the euro is not so steep that it's being seen in the number of our available artists. But if it goes further down than this, it will indeed become evident," says the agency's CEO Nina Castrén.

Problems in European economies are, however, already being reflected in ticket prices.

"We have already had to raise the prices of tickets for a few artists for the simple reason that their fees are so high," explains Castrén.

At this stage, the higher prices affect tickets for concerts by big-name performers, such as a summer concert in Helsinki by Madonna. So far, prices have gone up only by a few euros, but if the exchange rate against the dollar continues to slide, prices could well go up even more.

Nightwish still solid

One of Finland's international best-known groups, Nightwish, has a European tour booked for this spring and tours of both North America and South America coming up later this year.

"I haven't seen that Nightwish has been affected at all. Ticket sales have been normal in Central Europe," says the band's manager Toni Peiju.

According to Peiju, Nightwish is one of the few big names that is a sure draw.

"I have, in fact, heard that smaller and mid-size bands have been hit somewhat by the crisis. Maybe fewer tickets are being bought, and more are being bought especially at the last minute, so not as many are being purchased in advance," Peiju notes.

Another factor influencing sales, according to the Nighwish manager, is that there are simply more concerts on offer than in the past.

The show in Belgium still has tickets available in every price category, even golden circle... Tickets have been on sale since Friday. Last time the concert sold out in hours...

I don't understand why she bothers to tour Ireland.

RIT - All venues sold out except Slane, Ireland. (90% full)

Hung Up - Ireland is the ONLY European country where HU didn't go #1

COADF - Ireland is the ONLY European country where COADF didn't go #1

She should drop Ireland PERMANENTLY. :americanlife:

You fail to mention that the Slane date on RIT was the only outdoor show with a capacity of 80,000. Slane is associated mainly with rock acts with Madonna being the only female to ever headline it plus the venue doesn't lend itself to Madonna's fanbase demographic as a lot of people were put off by the location and the fact it's difficult to get to and from and it was on a Sunday night. I left the venue with my friends at 11:30pm and we didn't get back into Dublin City until 5:30am in the morning considering the venue is only an hour from Dublin.

In relation to charts: 4 minutes and Hard Candy both hit number 1 in Ireland and I'm confident when the album is released and with a bit of promotion in Europe, the Aviva Stadium gig will sell out. Buying patterns have changed in the past few years for all shows were people tend to buy tickets closer to event dates due to financial impacts on people and increased taxes!

let´s remember that other tours tickets sales have been always after the album, not before, I think, after looking at her on the TV performing, talking about music...people will buy tickets.Anyways, it´s not bad thing if she doesn´t sale out all the places (80.000???? crazy) so next time she will be doing smaller venues,

Seattle's second date must be selling pretty well. Thought I would just check and see and I cannot get two cheap seats together - even in the nosebleed top of the arena. Didn't try for the expensive ones as I already have some of those for the first show.

Guest groovyguy

https://twitter.com/#!/monterrific

Madonna World Tour rehearsals have started

Monte Pittman tweeted the following…

It’s on…

Accompanied by a picture of him, Kevin Antunes, Brian Frasier-Moore and Ric’key Pageot…

20120222-news-madonna-monte-pittman-rehearsals-400x298.jpg

This week, Monte Pittman was also the guest of LA Talk Radio and told them…

MDNA is beyond phenomenal. Everything is interesting all the way through, it’s really cool!