Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

Guest groovyguy

Great! I hope its all true! Its funny and tragic that the first impression we've got of this album is a crap demo leak of the most "radio friendly" song of the package... :chuckle:

Like Orbit said, "Expect the Unexpected" and "and don't u'all fret now. The eternal will prevail."

Okay, I have a question now -

If "Give me All your Love" isn't representative of the album, then isn't it a risk to release it as the first single, especially given the negative reaction to the demo? Wouldn't it be better to be release one of the lesser radio friendly tracks on the album since people are hoping for something less generic from her anyway? Plus it will be more representative of the album. And it will probably get her better reviews.

Oh I don't know. I'm just speculating now..

If "Give me All your Love" isn't representative of the album, then isn't it a risk to release it as the first single, especially given the negative reaction to the demo? Wouldn't it be better to be release one of the lesser radio friendly tracks on the album since people are hoping for something less generic from her anyway? Plus it will be more representative of the album. And it will probably get her better reviews.

Well, firstly, I would say that it's more fair to say that the reaction to the demo was "mixed." For every positive review that the demo received there was a negative one. Even here on MNation, the demo received a lot more three to four star ratings than five or two/one/zero star ratings in that one thread.

Secondly, I would think the aim of making one of the songs more radio friendly is to score a hit. 4 Minutes wasn't exactly representative of Hard Candy as a whole, but it was definitely one of the most, if not THE most, singleworthy songs on the album. Born This Way and We Found Love aren't exactly representative of their respective albums, but they're each radio friendly and seemingly crafted to cater to the single-buying market. GMAYL could end up being that (assuming all of what G_O_N_E says is true).

Well, the album version of GMAYL could be much better than the demo, and since it will feature Minaj (and possibly MIA still), it would still be the best way to reintroduce Madonna - with maximum exposure. Judging from what I can tell the media strategy will be (Superbowl performance, perfume launch, tour immediately in the spring), I think Guy O. & Madonna are going for extreme market saturation. A less radio friendly track probably wouldn't be as effective to kick off the campaign.

Another thing we should consider is that if the album is a solid pop masterpiece, she could be eyeing Grammy recognition in 2013.

It's a new sound for the audiences and Madonna.

Wasn't she going back to her roots? :lol:

Anyway. I'm sick of this "insiders" reports... a press release wouldn't hurt anybody.

so the plan is to release give me all your love early january, and during superbowl xlvi, she'll perform that song + her new second single which will debut there?

Guest groovyguy

Well, the album version of GMAYL could be much better than the demo, and since it will feature Minaj (and possibly MIA still), it would still be the best way to reintroduce Madonna - with maximum exposure. Judging from what I can tell the media strategy will be (Superbowl performance, perfume launch, tour immediately in the spring), I think Guy O. & Madonna are going for extreme market saturation. A less radio friendly track probably wouldn't be as effective to kick off the campaign.

Another thing we should consider is that if the album is a solid pop masterpiece, she could be eyeing Grammy recognition in 2013.

:thumbsup:

Ur absolutely right, plus it would b a better marketing strategy in the long run...I know the public is stupid but one shouldn't underestimate 'authenticity' & the public's response...

Just look at what happened with 4 Minutes, it wasn't representative 4 Madonna even though it was a hit it did relatively little 4 the album. It just coloured her a desperate whore.

Hit or no hit, she's gonna get that out of the box attention...I'd say it would b wiser 2 opt 4 'quality' than on paper hit potential. :fag:

Guest groovyguy

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/madonna-nad-producer-201129

US Weekly posted this in September...

Summer may now be coming to a close, but there's still time for one more hot jam! In her video for "Cool Love," newcomer Indigo Charlie recounts a summer fling to a hot beat designed by another Indigo, producer Hardy "Indiigo" Muanza. Yes, that's the same guy who DJ'd Madonna's private birthday party in NYC on Aug. 14, 2011 and is also working with the Material Girl on her next top-secret album. (Coincidentally, he’s also managing Madge's new boytoy, breakdancer Brahim Zaibat, as well as her dancer and choreographer Shay Normann).

Guest groovyguy

I heard "Cool Love". Nothing spectacular. Actually it sounds cheap with the rapping.

Produced by Hardy "Indiigo" Muanza and written by twins JusTT&GifTT. Cool beat though.

Guest groovyguy

There's a rumor on news-of-madonna that the single could be released on january 16th and go to radio a few days before that date!

Another rumor said that the radio premiere is on Dec 15th and single release is early Jan. Wish Guy O would keep us informed.He doesn't seem to understand us fans well. Oh well, time will tell. ;)

Another rumor said that the radio premiere is on Dec 15th and single release is early Jan. Wish Guy O would keep us informed.He doesn't seem to understand us fans well. Oh well, time will tell. ;)

I cannot imagine them releasing a single just before xmas, the song will have a hard time to pick up... Mid january makes more sense.

There is no rush in telling us anything yet, it's only november,

I cannot imagine them releasing a single just before xmas, the song will have a hard time to pick up... Mid january makes more sense.

There is no rush in telling us anything yet, it's only november,

I agree, I think with Rihanna's latest album she only said there was a new single coming out a week before it was out or something or two weeks tops?

What? Common! This track is super-radio friendly and has #01 written all over!!! And is not finished yet! Can't wait to listen to the final version!