Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

You really think this is all casual? I mean....come on. The song is ready.

They are obviously ready to go.

Wasn't Preston claiming a while back that something would be released in November? He disappeared, then reappeared yesterday....hmmmm.....

Guest vivelareine

Sounds dated... :|

* Waiting for Madonna police to arrest me *

I agree with you. I don't much care for it either.

But, I also haven't heard the entire song yet, so I'm keeping an open mind.

Guest northernlad

Wasn't Preston claiming a while back that something would be released in November? He disappeared, then reappeared yesterday....hmmmm.....

Yeah. THE ALBUM. Don't give credit where it isn't due.

Guest vivelareine

This does look like a pre-conceived strategy. Even the whole "Universal people are angry over the fact that there's people out there who have the song".

These people are not naive. They realize that this is one of the best ways of creating buzz....using the whole "OMG it leaked!" in their favour instead of being victims of it.

Let it roll and unfold! :sassy:

Assuming Stefano Gabbana was handed/emailed/signed, sealed, delivered a copy of the single...

Tells me that they already knew it was going to get around and they wanted it that way.

Guest groovyguy

Im just saying... they keep promising stuff they sure as hell cant keep in the end.

I hear you. Sometimes when they hype something up, and build certain expectations, it can backfire. Still, I'm loving the clips esp the first clip. My head keeps hearing the "Give me all your love, give me all your love today."

Sorry to those who bitch about everything that apparently want some sort of "indie Madonna". AL was almost ten years ago....let it go....she's a pop bitch, get over it or move on. Let's face it, Madonna's most successful and critically revered works are more Music, Into The Groove, Hung Up even Like A Virgin than Bedtime Story, Mer Girl, American Life or Intervention.

This song sounds insanely catchy, pure Madonna. I can't wait to hear the whole track. I can't help but think that this is all a part of the master plan. I really hope UMG means what they say when they say they are going to aggressively promote this album. If that's the case then there should be 2 or even 3 songs released BEFORE the album drops. If that is indeed the plan, then right about now is a good time to release GMAYL. From what we've heard so far, it seems likely she has a hit on her hands with this song. By the time the Super Bowl rolls around it should be familiar to everyone. I never thought the idea of DEBUTING the song at the Super Bowl was that great of an idea. I love her, but let's face it, for casual fans a Madonna single probably shouldn't be heard for the first time live. Hopefully by the time the Super Bowl rolls around 1 more song will have dropped and then one more after followed by the album in late Feb or early March.

Sorry to those who bitch about everything that apparently want some sort of "indie Madonna". AL was almost ten years ago....let it go....she's a pop bitch, get over it or move on. Let's face it, Madonna's most successful and critically revered works are more Music, Into The Groove, Hung Up even Like A Virgin than Bedtime Story, Mer Girl, American Life or Intervention.

This song sounds insanely catchy, pure Madonna. I can't wait to hear the whole track. I can't help but think that this is all a part of the master plan. I really hope UMG means what they say when they say they are going to aggressively promote this album. If that's the case then there should be 2 or even 3 songs released BEFORE the album drops. If that is indeed the plan, then right about now is a good time to release GMAYL. From what we've heard so far, it seems likely she has a hit on her hands with this song. By the time the Super Bowl rolls around it should be familiar to everyone. I never thought the idea of DEBUTING the song at the Super Bowl was that great of an idea. I love her, but let's face it, for casual fans a Madonna single probably shouldn't be heard for the first time live. Hopefully by the time the Super Bowl rolls around 1 more song will have dropped and then one more after followed by the album in late Feb or early March.

AMEN !

901541.gif

wow is incredibly catchy. Not very sure about the little girl voice, to be fair. I wanted a big statement song this time, something strong and full of power. But i like this too. It's very Beautiful Stranger, isn't it??

i like the title "Girl gone wild", it sounds very Let it Will Be in Confessions Tour!

Yeah it is trending BIG TIME!!!

Also if you watching closely...

they are saying that GMAYL will leak some time..tonight?!?

Anyone else see this?

agree with the second part...as for the forst, i don't want indiedonna, but i'm a little tired of dance records by her...i'll enjoy it, probably, unless they're as forgettable as HC tunes, but some more soulfull, "constructed", elaborated, pop, (call it as you want) songs won't be a disgrace.

Guest ditaluver

i love it!!

waits for Guy O's earth shattering tweet " i dont know where the leaks are coming from... if anyone wants to tell me the source, i would appreciate it.. "

i love it!!

waits for Guy O's earth shattering tweet " i dont know where the leaks are coming from... if anyone wants to tell me the source, i would appreciate it.. "

:D

Really now, Guy!

:lmao:

Wow is it all really planned? Boy culture said the album is not expected to be released until 5 months

I recall it was said that Madonna wanted to explore with Live Nation different ways to release music. Maybe they will release several singles before the album. Imagine: a very catchy first single, another single, a ballad and then... the VERY BIG single just before the album. That's an example.

It's pretty clear that the standard "single-2 weeks-before-the album" is pretty dead.

agree with the second part...as for the forst, i don't want indiedonna, but i'm a little tired of dance records by her...i'll enjoy it, probably, unless they're as forgettable as HC tunes, but some more soulfull, "constructed", elaborated, pop, (call it as you want) songs won't be a disgrace.

I agree, but this new song isn't pure dance/club music at least from what I hear from the snippets. It has a more pop sound with guitars. I like indie/alternative rock music but I don't think that sound would suit her voice. I want pop songs from her, not club/house/techno remixes. So I'm happy with this. It reminds me of Beautiful Stranger and the Music era. It has a dance element but is still pop and not just "dance music" per se which usually means just house beats with not much melody.

*avoids the snippet leakage*

"Into the Groove" is one of M's most revered tracks, thanks to its glorious dance-as-expression motif that she's usually managed to add a fresh spin to as she's revisited it. The lyrics of GMAYL look like they could be anthemic, and with a Madonna-like pronouncement ("every record sounds the same, you've got to step into my world")- it's like she's commanding people to get with the real deal. :)

Well....not that we should believe the "hype machine" of any artist pre album release (see Lady Gaga) but by all accounts it seems this album is definitely not going to be a HC part 2. HC was more straight forward pop/hip-pop/R&B and this seems like it will be more layered, textured, elaborate and electronic.....even just the short clips we've gotten of GMAYL there is no indication it's going to be a HC 2 so I know many fans are definitely happy about that! I'm not attacking in any way by this comment so please don't be offended, it's just a general statement, but I don't get it when Madonna fans say they are tired of her dance records. Only reason I say that is because from "Madonna"- "Hard Candy" she's ALWAYS been dance. Sure she throws some other stuff in there sometimes but the root of all her songs (not counting ballads obviously) is dance/disco. It's where her bread is buttered and the minute she deviated from that more than she previously had (American Life) the public and critics and even many diehard fans let her know "NO!". :lol: Despite that, I'd still consider even AL a "dance record" in many regards.

Guest ditaluver

Guy really DID say that, didn't he? :lmao:

right and as if someone is going to go tell him who leaked these things???

he is really useless

BUT staying on topic - the song sounds cute and I reallllllly cant wait till we have it in full and HQ

im going Sat so Im hoping they play it and we can go wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!