Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

Wow....what a terrible (and misleading) translation :wacko: I'm skimming it now and I'll post a few corrections shortly (I don't have time to translate the whole thing).

thanks :thumbsup: ...i figured translator wasn't going to b too accurate. I can't tell if he's being straight up, sarcastic or what..

thanks :thumbsup: ...i figured translator wasn't going to b too accurate. I can't tell if he's being straight up, sarcastic or what..

OK, just a few corrections. He said it doesn't sound like a demo (i.e. it's a fully mastered/completed track). Essentially, he likes the track and thinks it will be massive and sell a truckload, but he doesn't see it as revolutionary and anyone who was expecting Madonna to reinvent the pop world is going to be disappointed. He says that the track is enjoyable/fun, but ultimately, it's a jingle/ditty, which could have been sung by someone in her 20s - he comments that anyone who was hoping that the Queen would stop acting like a young girl (i.e. mature and act her age) should forget about it, because this song is definitely not mature. Vocally, she sounds like she did in the early 80s - quite girlish. It's basically a cheerleader type song in terms of the shout outs and the percussion.

He definitely likes it, but doesn't find it ground breaking. He says it's no ROL, not even a Hung Up or a 4 Minutes, so he ranks it below all three tracks (while still pointing out that it will be massive and is infectious and gets stuck in your head).

He refuses point blank to leak it (for fear of death, or of at least having his blog shut down by Universal), but he suspects and hopes that it will leak really soon.

I hope this helps a little!! Oh - he also said that the lyrics leaked a few days ago are 100% accurate, and that the spelling out and chanting of "LOVE YOU MAD" gets annoying after a while because it happens so often.

Has it ever been confirmed the first single campaign will be centered around the Superbowl, though? It makes more sense to me to release a first single in advance and build the album release around it.

http://www.popslut.net

His review made it sound like it's actually a good song, but then at the end he kind of switched his opinion. He says it may be the new Ray of Light, but it's no Hung Up, whatever that means. Clearly, it's a grower. I say bring it the fuck on already!!

After knowing that Solveig produced this song, I am not that surprised by this review. I was already expecting something "fluffy" but catchy...like "Hello." Still anxious to hear it though.

huh what does he mean by 'octogenarian'?? She's not that old

I suspect he means an 80s artist (as in artist from the 80s).

Since he has confirmed that the leaked lyrics from a couple of days ago are genuine, we can probably assume that the 9 second snippet recorded outside Madonna's London house is the real deal, too. It doesn't sound like "Hollaback Girl" to me...

I suspect he means an 80s artist (as in artist from the 80s).

Since he has confirmed that the leaked lyrics from a couple of days ago are genuine, we can probably assume that the 9 second snippet recorded outside Madonna's London house is the real deal, too. It doesn't sound like "Hollaback Girl" to me...

That's more like it. And which snippet do u mean...the go-go girl one or the other time, other place one..

If it sounds anything like Nicola Roberts 'Beat Of My Drum' -I'll be very happy.

This also fits into the M.I.A connection as Nicola was produced by Diplo (Major Lazer)

That's more like it. And which snippet do u mean...the go-go girl one or the other time, other place one..

You could be my lucky star....that one (lyrics were confirmed by the Italian guy who reviewed it). Speaking of that snippet, does anyone know where I could download an mp3 of it?

Guest groovyguy

OK, just a few corrections. He said it doesn't sound like a demo (i.e. it's a fully mastered/completed track). Essentially, he likes the track and thinks it will be massive and sell a truckload, but he doesn't see it as revolutionary and anyone who was expecting Madonna to reinvent the pop world is going to be disappointed. He says that the track is enjoyable/fun, but ultimately, it's a jingle/ditty, which could have been sung by someone in her 20s - he comments that anyone who was hoping that the Queen would stop acting like a young girl (i.e. mature and act her age) should forget about it, because this song is definitely not mature. Vocally, she sounds like she did in the early 80s - quite girlish. It's basically a cheerleader type song in terms of the shout outs and the percussion.

He definitely likes it, but doesn't find it ground breaking. He says it's no ROL, not even a Hung Up or a 4 Minutes, so he ranks it below all three tracks (while still pointing out that it will be massive and is infectious and gets stuck in your head).

He refuses point blank to leak it (for fear of death, or of at least having his blog shut down by Universal), but he suspects and hopes that it will leak really soon.

I hope this helps a little!! Oh - he also said that the lyrics leaked a few days ago are 100% accurate, and that the spelling out and chanting of "LOVE YOU MAD" gets annoying after a while because it happens so often.

I'm excited and I'm sure it's a grower. Someone else who heard the tracks said that GMAYL does not relect the album as the other tracks are very different and very strong lyrically.

Madonnarama

According to our source, these aren’t from the final version, but from the demo version that only includes Madonna and the backing vocals.

Keep in mind that this is one of the fun, radio friendly tracks and absolutely perfect for the Super Bowl. The overall album contains much more deeper and personal lyrics.

Guest groovyguy

EXCUSE ME but is the ALBUM title really GIRL GONE WILD? :manson:

Doubt it. It's ths second confirmed song title on the album, a song co-produced by Bennassi.