Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

It's just frustrating to see someone like Gene Simmons act all high and mighty when it comes to Madonna. Especially since KISS weren't respected for years because their freakish image overshadowed their music. In fact many believed that their music was so mediocre that if it weren't for the make up nobody would care. A point that may not have been that far fetched considering when they did take their make up off for an album, they flopped like never before.

People say the same things about Madonna. Basically alluding that she's nothing but "smoke and mirrors" and without her sexually charged image nobody would've cared about her music. Just seems like Gene would be able to empathize a little better IMO.

Gene Simmons is just jealous of Madonna.He's pissed because she is in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame,while KISS may never get inducted :lol: He's just an old,bitter has-been.

I think at least the NFL tried to get the message across: "... an AMERICAN icon". Too bad that many people just don't get it. Face it, there are not many things left that people outside the U.S. like about the U.S. The American dream is dead. Madonna actually is one of the few things that are loved. But some people acting crazy about someone who is undeniably as American as football and just as iconic as the Superball is truly digusting. As I said they don't get it. I understand that she may not be everyones cup of tea when it comes to her music, but why is it so hard to accept that she is the perfect fit for this show and fruitful for the NFL and of course for herself. I would go so far to say that internationally the NFL gains even more.

Guest groovyguy

I think at least the NFL tried to get the message across: "... an AMERICAN icon". Too bad that many people just don't get it. Face it, there are not many things left that people outside the U.S. like about the U.S. The American dream is dead. Madonna actually is one of the few things that are loved. But some people acting crazy about someone who is undeniably as American as football and just as iconic as the Superball is truly digusting. As I said they don't get it. I understand that she may not be everyones cup of tea when it comes to her music, but why is it so hard to accept that she is the perfect fit for this show and fruitful for the NFL and of course for herself. I would go so far to say that internationally the NFL gains even more.

Most of the people that spend so much complaining/whining about Madonna performing are probably Madonna haters who just want to diss her whenever possible. I seriously doubt that the true Superbowl fans are that concerned about who is performing at half-time. They are way more interested in which two teams are playing @ Superbowl. And they spend a lot more time discussing the games than to worry about who should or should not perform.

Guest northernlad

I'm sure the TRUE Superbowl fans (what is that, 70 MILLION PEOPLE?) can take 3 seconds to write a comment about being disappointed with this year's half time act which most of them happily watch every year. Why is everything so conspiratorial with you people?

I posted a very simple response on Yahoo for that article. :)

And the mime comments are ridiculous- the woman has sung live the overwhelming majority of her career. if it were another act, sure, that may be fitting, but not Madge.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

These are the comments that irritate me the most. Just because she's blonde, sexual female that relies heavily on image and is a massive pop culture figure that sings pop music it's automatically assumed she mimes everything. OBVIOUSLY these "haters" have never heard her croak through a good portion of the BA tour.....or seen her nail it at the '91 Academy Awards.....or heard her crow call in recent years on CT and S&S.

What's funny is the day after the SB performance I'm SURE there will be comments about how she can't sing live, she's "lost it" as a vocalist etc. Hasn't Gene always had some sort of beef with Madonna? Sounds like jealousy. Guess he's bitter that as a "ROCK GOD" he's STILL waiting to be inducted into the RRHOF while Madonna, a mere POP STAR got in on first year of eligibility without hesitation. Oh well.....I mean for a rocker like him that's the equivalent to having his balls removed.

She brought it on herself. She was one of the first major acts (along with Janet) who started relying heavily on backing tracks and yes mimimg some songs as well starting with Blond Ambition. I don't recall ever hearing about artists doing that until 1990 when she and Janet hit the road for their tours and got lots of flack for it.

Michael Jackson anyone? My brother saw him live twice in the 80's and once in the 90's it's vert well known he didn't sing live 100% of the time. Even fucking Celine Dion doesn't sing live 100% of the time.

I like the fact that not everyone loves Madonna...she's obviously doing something right. SHE'S NOT BOOOOORING like Celine, Mariah, Janet, etc............

That's why a few weeks ago I was "predicting" according to someone, but my opinion still stands. All these football love guys are NOT going to be thrilled to see Gay Icon Madonna dancing around, which is why I like the idea of at least one song being on guitar like Ray of Light, Like a Prayer (even though Im tired of it but everyone's loves it sooo much, the religious theme gets people), maybe Music/Holiday/Express Yourself ....something like that. I don't know. I'm excited there has been no mention of MIA or Nicki in the performance. I hope that means something...that they won't be destroying my Superbowl! :)

It's not SuperBOWL no more it's SuperFABULOUS :queenbitch:

It's just frustrating to see someone like Gene Simmons act all high and mighty when it comes to Madonna. Especially since KISS weren't respected for years because their freakish image overshadowed their music. In fact many believed that their music was so mediocre that if it weren't for the make up nobody would care. A point that may not have been that far fetched considering when they did take their make up off for an album, they flopped like never before.

People say the same things about Madonna. Basically alluding that she's nothing but "smoke and mirrors" and without her sexually charged image nobody would've cared about her music. Just seems like Gene would be able to empathize a little better IMO.

To be honest i can't even name ONE Kiss song. I can remember Queen's music and Metallica but Kiss? Nada.

I know that a a fool can ask more questions than seven wise men can answer.

But still I want to know.

Why is this thing called a super bowl?

here's hoping she does not get lazy and rehash the superbowl performance again in her tour like she did with some of the promo appearances for hard candy...would not put it past her to use the exact same performances

Guest bluejean

Michael Jackson anyone? My brother saw him live twice in the 80's and once in the 90's it's vert well known he didn't sing live 100% of the time.

He did sing live in the 80's on the 'Bad Tour.' It was the 'Dangerous Tour' in 1991 where he started lip syncing at least 50% of the show.

The people saying Madonna mimes are just making assumptions, since she clearly doesn't and I doubt she will for this. To say she "earned that reputation" by miming on Blond Ambition, it was only afew songs that she mimed and the show that was televised she sounded horrendous so I don't know how that could have led people to think she mimes.

Regarding Janet Jackson, I always thought the Rhythm Nation tour was sung live and that the miming came later? The vocals definitely don't sound like the album.