Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

Madonna takes on Lady Gaga for Super Bowl performance

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ijb7EIMzNq4

Barbara Cherone is a true QoL :wow: I remember her name from since the early 90s, I'd like to hear more from her and less from Rosenbitch.

And who the FUCK is "St. Vincent"? This sounds interesting. She could have went even better and got James Blake or something, but the more obscure the better.. bringing the underground to the mainstream was always one of her GRATEST TALANTS :sassy::queenbitch:

Guest FrozenEyes

Madonna needs these rappers to get USA hits. So good on her. Even the new song title screams "give me a hit".

I think it screams DESPERATION! Who freakin cares about another #1? Big flippin deal!

http://twitter.com/#!/WilliamOrbit

Working on a track with @st_vincent and Emile Haynie that’s tingling every socket of my spine

4 Sep

St Vincent is another rumoured guest musician on the album - when quizzed about the possible collaboration by NME this week she remained tight lipped but confessed to being a big Madonna fan. NME Music News.

Madonna is set to have three music guests on the SuperBowl stage, and supposedly two of them are the new single's guest singers mentioned above.

The third music guest is St. Vincent?

Ugh, does that mean there are TWO featuring artists on her lead single?

I think it screams DESPERATION! Who freakin cares about another #1? Big flippin deal!

Ugh, does that mean there are TWO featuring artists on her lead single?

Speaking of "big flippin' Deal!"?? Why can't she collaborate with whomever she likes? Why must it be considered "desperation" when there are far more popular artists than the ones reported she could be working with. I honestly do not think Madonna is sitting around, thinking that collaborating with these two is necessarily going to gain her a #1 hit or even a top ten. She could have easily rang up both Katy Perry and Lady Gaga to collaborate if she really wanted to guarantee a top ten hit. Those two definitely are ruling the charts and radio. Not only that, both have expressed interest in her and Madonna has at least shown interest in Lady Gaga. I hardly find collaborating with M.I.A. and Nicki "desperate" to gain a hit when neither of them have had huge #1 hits if even top ten hits on the pop charts.

Guest FrozenEyes

Because I don't want Hard Candy 2.0, that's why! :D

And the #1 comment was not directed at Madonna, but to people who had made comments about her getting a #1. When I said desperate, I was meaning it in terms of being "cool" and that's why I had Hard Candy in mind.

Speaking of "big flippin' Deal!"?? Why can't she collaborate with whomever she likes? Why must it be considered "desperation" when there are far more popular artists than the ones reported she could be working with. I honestly do not think Madonna is sitting around, thinking that collaborating with these two is necessarily going to gain her a #1 hit or even a top ten. She could have easily rang up both Katy Perry and Lady Gaga to collaborate if she really wanted to guarantee a top ten hit. Those two definitely are ruling the charts and radio. Not only that, both have expressed interest in her and Madonna has at least shown interest in Lady Gaga. I hardly find collaborating with M.I.A. and Nicki "desperate" to gain a hit when neither of them have had huge #1 hits if even top ten hits on the pop charts.

Very good point.I don't know why so many people accuse Madonna of being "desperate" just because she features guest artists on her songs.Maybe she truly *likes* these artists and feels that the song would sound even better with their involvement.And like you pointed out,if she was really so concerned with having a big hit single,she would have called up artists who are much more successful than Nikki Minaj and M.I.A. (who is basically an underground artist).

Because I don't want Hard Candy 2.0, that's why! :D

And the #1 comment was not directed at Madonna, but to people who had made comments about her getting a #1. When I said desperate, I was meaning it in terms of being "cool" and that's why I had Hard Candy in mind.

First of all, when have you heard a Madonna album sound like the previous? Each one of her albums have always been distinct and unique from the last. So you can rest assure, that you won't be getting Hard Candy 2.0. Furthermore, Pharell, Timbaland and Justin Timberlake had been far more successful than Nicki, M.I.A. and anyone else Madonna's so far reported to be recording with. These artists/producers are far less obscure than the previous on Hard Candy. As for Madonna trying to be "cool"... sorry to say... there is no "trying" to it. The woman is the epitome of "Cool" and has been for the last 30 years. Of course, that may be subjective, but my point is that the woman has always tried to work with people who were current and cutting edge.

The closest Madonna came to "repeating" herself from one album to the next was American Life, and that was because she worked solely with Mirawis (along with Like a Virgin, it was the only time that a Madonna album featured just one producer other than herself). And,Music only touched on the electro-folk sound, whereas AL took that and ran with it (while offering other sounds, too).

At least the RiRi rumors don't look like they will come to fruition- bit that could be because RiRi doesn't want to share time with any of the women she plans to pass on the #1s ladder. :p

Anyhow, maybe the NFL will make an official announcement in the coming week- or wait until December. As of a couple days ago, someone in the organization said she expected the NFL to make an announcement within 30 days.

JustJared just confirmed the news about Give Me All Your love and her eprforming with Minaj and M.I.A

i like it... but the collabo? i really thought she doesn't want to do those stuffs anymore...

I bet that this is gonna be one of the most-watched SuperBowl performances of all time.

It could be but some straights will use that time to go pee or poo.

i like it... but the collabo? i really thought she doesn't want to do those stuffs anymore...

She will have to now if she wants her first single to be a mega-smash. It's not like the old days where a Madonna first single is immediately a runaway hit. I remember her saying she didn't like duets or collabs but times change as she gets older.

Hopefully it will overtake the dance sound completely...

I think that would be a bad idea. I used to want Madonna to do more of a rock/indie sound because I love that kind of music, but now I realize that really isn't her. She's dance in her heart. The indie rock thing would be ill fitting on her, just like if a rock indie artist tried to go all dance. Dance doesn't have to be just generic club thumping music. It can still be interesting and innovative. Why are so many people against her doing a dance sound? How can you be a Madonna fan and not enjoy dance to some extent? I like pop/dance, just not the hard thumping house/techno type of remixes. I'm okay with a dance record as long as she keeps the pop aspect and doesn't go too hard on the beats.

She will have to (have guest artists) now if she wants her first single to be a mega-smash. It's not like the old days where a Madonna first single is immediately a runaway hit. I remember her saying she didn't like duets or collabs but times change as she gets older.

Exactly.I pointed this out in the other thread: a new Madonna single in 2012 *without* a "hot" guest artist probably won't become a hit,at least not in America.Radio stations would ignore it.I know it's frustrating but that's the way it is nowadays.She needs a HUGE first single to launch this project,so she's gotta pull out all the stops.A hot new dance single with Nicki Minaj,being performed on the Super Bowl.....there's no way she could fail.

I think that would be a bad idea. I used to want Madonna to do more of a rock/indie sound because I love that kind of music, but now I realize that really isn't her. She's dance in her heart. The indie rock thing would be ill fitting on her, just like if a rock indie artist tried to go all dance. Dance doesn't have to be just generic club thumping music. It can still be interesting and innovative. Why are so many people against her doing a dance sound? How can you be a Madonna fan and not enjoy dance to some extent? I like pop/dance, just not the hard thumping house/techno type of remixes. I'm okay with a dance record as long as she keeps the pop aspect and doesn't go too hard on the beats.

I agree.We all saw what happened when Madonna moved away from dance/pop.The result was an album (American Life) which alienated many fans.I'd rather that she sticks to what she does best: fun,catchy dance/pop.

I met someone once who'd met M twice, he said she was a complete cunt. :lol: Hes a songwriter and was introduced, she looked him up and down and said 'oh'. The second time he had written a few hit songs and was introduced to her again and said 'the last time we met you were bitchy and just said 'oh'. M said 'oh' and looked away :lol: Ths was years ago in the roxy. I dont know if its true but he seemed genuine.

And this has what to do with Madonna performing at the Super Bowl or her new single and album? Are you doing just to be nasty and gossipy? You don't even give us the name of this person. At least do that if you are going to make accusations so we can assess the credibility of this person. Aren't you a big Boy George fan? He's the nastiest person on the planet, but that doesn't stop you from buying his music. But I guess that's why you feel the need to post this since George is consumed with his jealousy of Madonna. This songwriter wouldn't be Boy George, would it? I remember him telling a very similiar story. I hardly think saying "Oh" is the worst thing anyone ever said. Maybe she was just feeling shy meeting a stranger or in a bad mood about something else. You seriously need to get a life instead of spreading nasty gossip.

I agree.We all saw what happened when Madonna moved away from dance/pop.The result was an album (American Life) which alienated many fans.I'd rather that she sticks to what she does best: fun,catchy dance/pop.

But even American Life had some dance/electronic elements. For example, a song like Nobody Knows Me. She can incorporate other sounds but I don't think she can completely divorce herself from dance/electronic elements and still have to be Madonna.

isnt that very unusual?

man, they must have a LOT to hide for them to be so careful

No, nothing to hide. Just greedy.

http://twitter.com/#!/WilliamOrbit

Working on a track with @st_vincent and Emile Haynie that’s tingling every socket of my spine

4 Sep

St Vincent is another rumoured guest musician on the album - when quizzed about the possible collaboration by NME this week she remained tight lipped but confessed to being a big Madonna fan. NME Music News.

Madonna is set to have three music guests on the SuperBowl stage, and supposedly two of them are the new single's guest singers mentioned above.

The third music guest is St. Vincent?

I doubt the musical guest is St. Vincent. She is not a household name and probably just contributed to songwriting. I would say it could be either Timberlake (for "4 Minutes") or maybe even Lenny Kravitz on guitar again before I would venture St. Vincent.

Exactly.I pointed this out in the other thread: a new Madonna single in 2012 *without* a "hot" guest artist probably won't become a hit,at least not in America.Radio stations would ignore it.I know it's frustrating but that's the way it is nowadays.She needs a HUGE first single to launch this project,so she's gotta pull out all the stops.A hot new dance single with Nicki Minaj,being performed on the Super Bowl.....there's no way she could fail.

We agree!

Madonna is in her early 50's now competing with the young pop stars. Whether she likes it or not she needs them to get that hit especially in the USA. So if she has to work with them then more power to her!!! I hope she don't screw up this new album era. She's doing good so far.

And this has what to do with Madonna performing at the Super Bowl or her new single and album? Are you doing just to be nasty and gossipy? You don't even give us the name of this person. At least do that if you are going to make accusations so we can assess the credibility of this person. Aren't you a big Boy George fan? He's the nastiest person on the planet, but that doesn't stop you from buying his music. But I guess that's why you feel the need to post this since George is consumed with his jealousy of Madonna. This songwriter wouldn't be Boy George, would it? I remember him telling a very similiar story. I hardly think saying "Oh" is the worst thing anyone ever said. Maybe she was just feeling shy meeting a stranger or in a bad mood about something else. You seriously need to get a life instead of spreading nasty gossip.

Me be nasty? sorry Ill try and delete the post (can any mods do it for me please?) I was just repeating something, Im wrong, its my fault and he was called Larry that wrote for Bette Midler and the something animals. I wouldnt make stuff up? Esp about M. Can it be deleted?I dont like negativity. Im seriously not a gossip! Im sorry if I offended anyone. PS I cant stand boy george thanks.

*shaking and crying* :lmao::lmao:

No, nothing to hide. Just greedy.

I doubt the musical guest is St. Vincent. She is not a household name and probably just contributed to songwriting. I would say it could be either Timberlake (for "4 Minutes") or maybe even Lenny Kravitz on guitar again before I would venture St. Vincent.

Please...NOT Lenny Kravitz!