Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

Guest groovyguy

http://www.impre.com/la-gente-dice/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978912395

Is Madonna Really Washed Up or a Has-been?

The NFL's choice to pick up the Queen of Pop for the Super Bowl halftime show has already stirring controversy.

2824646674_fbb319d4fa.jpg

Piers Morgan isn't the only one who disagrees with this choice, and he even takes the time to tweet about it. The bitter TV host is apparently still mad at the popstar for some things that happened back in the 90s.

Like Morgan himself who's still stuck in the past, many people would love to see Madonna with no career, no success at all and maybe doing drugs or getting into trouble every three months. Yes, they are even calling her a "has-been"!

Is she really a washed-up singer? The legendary pop icon was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2008, and one of her latest singles -'4 Minutes' ft. Justin Timberlake- broke an all-time record in USA, placing her as the act with most top ten hits ever. According to Billboard, Madonna is the most important solo act in history, second only to The Beatles.

This is just the tip of the iceberg: Madonna is the pop star by whom any other new singers is measured by.

Madonna - Amsterdam ArenA 2008 - 19The Super Bowl halftime show has featured in the past some of the biggest names in the industry: Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones and Janet Jackson, just to name a few. So it's a logical decision to pick up the biggest name in the female pop scene for 2012.

Maybe Madonna laughs every time she reads those headlines; maybe it's also time to remember that her name appears in the 2011 Guinness Book of Records as the most successful and highest selling female recording artist ever.

Pretty good for a "has-been", isn't it?

Don't give her a hard time: she must be getting ready and working 24/7 to deliver a unique performance. She is one of the greatest entertainers ever, with or without controversy.

Could those critics stop all that jealousy and just dance along to "Holiday", "Like a Virgin", "Hung Up" or "Vogue"?

Maybe giving her some credit for being a smart woman in control of her life and career would be enough. But... hey! Who cares about what they might think or not anyway?

http://www.impre.com...281474978912395

Is Madonna Really Washed Up or a Has-been?

The NFL's choice to pick up the Queen of Pop for the Super Bowl halftime show has already stirring controversy.

2824646674_fbb319d4fa.jpg

Piers Morgan isn't the only one who disagrees with this choice, and he even takes the time to tweet about it. The bitter TV host is apparently still mad at the popstar for some things that happened back in the 90s.

Like Morgan himself who's still stuck in the past, many people would love to see Madonna with no career, no success at all and maybe doing drugs or getting into trouble every three months. Yes, they are even calling her a "has-been"!

Is she really a washed-up singer? The legendary pop icon was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2008, and one of her latest singles -'4 Minutes' ft. Justin Timberlake- broke an all-time record in USA, placing her as the act with most top ten hits ever. According to Billboard, Madonna is the most important solo act in history, second only to The Beatles.

This is just the tip of the iceberg: Madonna is the pop star by whom any other new singers is measured by.

Madonna - Amsterdam ArenA 2008 - 19The Super Bowl halftime show has featured in the past some of the biggest names in the industry: Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones and Janet Jackson, just to name a few. So it's a logical decision to pick up the biggest name in the female pop scene for 2012.

Maybe Madonna laughs every time she reads those headlines; maybe it's also time to remember that her name appears in the 2011 Guinness Book of Records as the most successful and highest selling female recording artist ever.

Pretty good for a "has-been", isn't it?

Don't give her a hard time: she must be getting ready and working 24/7 to deliver a unique performance. She is one of the greatest entertainers ever, with or without controversy.

Could those critics stop all that jealousy and just dance along to "Holiday", "Like a Virgin", "Hung Up" or "Vogue"?

Maybe giving her some credit for being a smart woman in control of her life and career would be enough. But... hey! Who cares about what they might think or not anyway?

:clap:

All those critics are just stupid. They don't get her. They want her to stop? Well, they'd better start kissing her ass. Otherwise she never will. It's too obvious that this woman has used all the negativity towards her to become better and bigger. The same goes for those who criticize W./E., fair or unfair. All of this stimulates her to strive for even bigger things. Unfortunately the whole discussion shows once again that it's indeed easier to criticize than too praise. Too bad.

What a bag of shit, who cares if she's not relevant.. or for the youth or sports markets. Still the most famous woman in the world and regardless of an inevitable drop off in sales, still far from a hasbeen as that article said. At this stage she should be looked at as The Stones or something, nobody cared if they kept going, hell they expect it!

Anyway, I haven't looked much at this but DEAD @ Ingrid's twat. :rotfl: At least Madonna has one loyal(!) long standing friend she can rely on.

And as for her performance, two words: Miss Ross. The original and best. She needs to exit in style on a helicopter. Miss Ross shows them how it's done. Kylie and Cherilyn wish.

:wow::sassy::catty::queenbitch:

And god, if they had that not that long ago why not Vadge? Miss Ross wasn't any younger. And they also had those pathetic fossils Arseosmith didn't they.

I really wouldn't mind if Madonna reused the S&S version of Vogue for her Super Bowl performance. I actually think it would be a great idea.

THIS. and that article never went in to details of why Piers Morgan is bitter with M.

THIS. and that article never went in to details of why Piers Morgan is bitter with M.

Supposedly he's bitter because she (or Liz R.) firmly denied that Madonna was pregnant with Lourdes and then the next day she gave the scoop to someone else (Liz S. I'm assuming). So 15 years later, Lola is about to be old enough to drive a car and is basically a couple years away from being an adult and this asshole is STILL holding a grudge about it.

hahahahaa that Diana Ross performance was sooooo gay!! And yet they're worried about Madonna being a gay icon n' all lol that helicopter exit had me in stitches! lol :lmao:

Guest bluejean

I really wouldn't mind if Madonna reused the S&S version of Vogue for her Super Bowl performance. I actually think it would be a great idea.

I think so too.

Hung Up

Vogue / 4 Minutes

New Song

Like A Prayer

Holiday

I think so too.

Hung Up

Vogue / 4 Minutes

New Song

Like A Prayer

Holiday

If there was enough time for this, I would say go for it. Otherwise, I think Hung Up should be cut and Like A Prayer be replaced with Ray of Light or Music.

Guest groovyguy

http://axestaticprocess.com/2011/12/13/the-queen-of-pop-gets-her-prince-montster-to-the-super-bowl/

The Queen of Pop gets her Prince Montster to the Super Bowl!

Guitar Hero/Rock God/Prince Montster aka Monte Pittman has another busy (but fun!!) year ahead! Monte is going to perform with Madonna at the Super Bowl Half Time on February and will also get to debut his brand new SIGNATURE guitar by Jarrell!

http://fanaticfm.wordpress.com/2011/12/06/monte-pittman-and-the-queen-of-pop

Monte Pittman and the Queen of Pop

... Monte plays with such drive and swagger. It’s an ecstatic experience to watch and hear him. We’ll be watching Madonna’s halftime show at the Superbowl for a taste of the new album she’s been working on with Ray of Light producer William Orbit.

Personally i don't think she should go for Hung Up for this particular occassion, 4 Minutes would be a better option. Its more aggressive and would sit better with the SB audience than the discotech that is Hung Up. Also 4 Minutes being a bigger hit in the US as well and her most recent memorable hit. I'm torn between either ROL or LAP; ROL i guess would also be a better choice but LAP is a well favoured track compared to ROL and a classic not that ROL isn't but for the US so thats probably why i went for LAP for my speculation. Music mashed with Holiday i reckon would serve as an awesome closer!

I really could do without Music. I know it was a bigger hit in America of the recent shit, but Hung Up should be her new signature tune as far as I'm concerned. Had that not been caught in flux at the start of iTunes, it may well have been her 13th US #1. That whore RiRi is like the Queen of Dance!

Music is timeless. That bass never gets old. I could listen to that album version all day long. I have no problem with her performing that song over and over.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.facebook.com/newsofmad?sk=wall

Sticky & Sweet drummer Brian Frasier-Moore is gearing up for the upcoming Super Bowl performance with Madonna !! Kevin Antunes will remain in his “hot seat” as Madonna‘s Musical Director for the Super Bowl half-time performance. Kevin worked on the “Michael Jackson – Immortal Tour” with Cirque du Soleil

loom, "Hung Up" hit No. 1 on Hot Digital Songs (for two weeks). Back when Billboard added digital sales to the mix in early 2005, the sales divider for the charts was 5 (to compensate for sales not being HUGE at that time); when digital sales really took off, Billboard put the divider back at 10. So, its overall position wouldn't really have been affected had overall digital sales volume been higher.

I can't believe she would do "Get Together"- or even "Hung Up." "Music" is just the one that "makes the people come together." :crazy: