Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

I too was moved by the extraordinary use of the word 'many'.

When I was discussing that with my father during thanksgiving when we thought we'd get the confirmation,he said that was too many songs (I told him 5) and said that normally they get like 10-15 minutes. I wonder if she'll get more time or if it'll be like a medley ( which would feel rushed IMHO)

Then I was thinking of songs I would like...

Ray of light and Hung up on guitar

Music and holiday (drowned world)

Gimme all your love

But then I just read that she would do a newer version of American Life (rumor of course) and I thought that'd be cool considering the whole change in people's opinions of what's going on in our politics here in the USA and in the world.

By my guess is she'll be avoiding American Life, Confessions and Hard Candy completely. What other albums do you guys think will not have a song performed from?

Guest groovyguy

When I was discussing that with my father during thanksgiving when we thought we'd get the confirmation,he said that was too many songs (I told him 5) and said that normally they get like 10-15 minutes. I wonder if she'll get more time or if it'll be like a medley ( which would feel rushed IMHO)

Then I was thinking of songs I would like...

Ray of light and Hung up on guitar

Music and holiday (drowned world)

Gimme all your love

But then I just read that she would do a newer version of American Life (rumor of course) and I thought that'd be cool considering the whole change in people's opinions of what's going on in our politics here in the USA and in the world.

By my guess is she'll be avoiding American Life, Confessions and Hard Candy completely. What other albums do you guys think will not have a song performed from?

No guitar please!

I'm sure she'll do some of the following: Ray of Light/Music/Hung Up/Give me all your love/Give it to Me.

But I really hope she also focuses on her great 80s hits that peole most recognize and probably want to hear. This is a totally different crowd than she's used to. I hope she'll do 2-3 songs from LAV, TB and LAP albums.

Me too. But it's about what the public would respond to

I hope she does a good Beefy version of Holiday like The Girlie Show one. Not weak like RIT

It's official: Madonna to perform at Super Bowl half-time show

by Dan Snierson

Categories: Madonna, Music

Confirming a not-so-well-kept secret, the NFL and NBC announced today during tonight’s Detroit Lions-New Orleans Saints game that Madonna will indeed be the featured performer at the Super Bowl XLVI half-time show on Feb. 5 in Indianapolis.

The 53-year-old Material Girl — whose romantic drama W.E. just happens to be hitting theaters two days before the game — will collaborate with Cirque du Soleil and Jamie King for the big gig. She is currently recording an album that’s slated to be released in 2012.

The Black Eyed Peas performed at last year’s Super Bowl, while the Who headlined the 2010 half-time show. The news of Madonna taking on the biggest night in television had been rumored since October.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2011/12/04/madonna-super-bowl-halftime/

This is what I predict she will perform:

"4 Minutes" intro (no vocals.....just the marching band part)

Holiday

Like A Prayer

Ray Of Light

Give Me All Your Love (with Nicki Minaj and M.I.A)

Music

I'm thinking that she may keep Nicki and M.I.A onstage for "Music" too.

I'm really pleased she's playing but I'm expecting

• Music
  • Like A Prayer
  • Ray of Light
  • Hung Up
  • Give Me All Your Love

The first three went down a storm at Live 8 getting her rave reviews. I expect she'll do something similar and definitely not risk the backlash of a 'wardrobe' malfunction!

Dunno about a wardrobe malfunction I'm more concerned with dropping the MOtHER FUCKER bomb cos you know America will go fucking mental!

I think all the live programs are on 5 second delay or something after the JANICE TIT INCIDENT so all profanity will be bleeped out.

Good point!

Based on previous halftime shows, we can expect a show lasting 12 minutes featuring either 3-4 full songs or a medley of a sort.

2011: The Black eyed Peas did a medley of 8 songs

2010: The Who did a medley of 5 songs, 3 of which were performed almost in full

2009: Bruce Springsteen performed 4 songs, all of which had some verses cut

2008: Tom Petty did 4 songs, all in full

2007: Prince did a medley of 7 songs

2006: The Rolling Stoned performed 3 songs, all in full

Edited by Msig

This is what I predict she will perform:

"4 Minutes" intro (no vocals.....just the marching band part)

Holiday

Like A Prayer

Ray Of Light

Give Me All Your Love (with Nicki Minaj and M.I.A)

Music

I'm thinking that she may keep Nicki and M.I.A onstage for "Music" too.

The new nikki and Donna! Similar body shapes even. Minaj just needs a few doughnuts.