Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

I doubt they would let her debut new material. They want the half time show to attract as many drunk sports fans as possible so they would probably ask her to perform her biggest, best known hits and nothing TOO GAY (ie no Vogue).

I don't think that would b an issue, if she wants 2 do new material & she's not allowed...she just won't do it all together.

But a bit of a medley/mash up with something new & an oldie but goodie...I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

I bet she's doing 4 minutes from Sticky :lmao:

Guest Not4Pussies

How much time will she have at halftime? 15 mins?

If so, I want one song from each decade: Into the groove, Vogue, Music & New single!! :angel:

yeah but the half time performance is never 15 mins long, right?

Guest Not4Pussies

I don't think that would b an issue, if she wants 2 do new material & she's not allowed...she just won't do it all together.

But a bit of a medley/mash up with something new & an oldie but goodie...I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

I bet she's doing 4 minutes from Sticky :lmao:

lol yes with a marching band and the sticky&sweet football costume

It's not like they say it every year like the MTV Awards or the Grammys. The last time she was going to perform (in 2000) wasn't just a rumour, it was true since she released a statement saying she couldn't do it because she was busy in the studio (but the reality was that she was pregnant). After this long gap it's the PERFECT thing to do. Remember the last time she performed live on tv in America on a real big show was back in 2006.

BEST promotion out there for her new era and single. Like how many people watch the superbowl?? Over 100 million!

even if just 1% of that translate to download sales in the 1st week... :chuckle:

Hmmm- would be cool if this happened, but not getting excited until there's some official confirmation. But, the fact that it's on the CBS Sports site may mean there's validity to it.

And, yes, the Super Bowl's ratings are way higher than the illustrious Grammys.

Here's hoping this actually happens AND she does the new single there. Knowing her, she'd probably like the idea of standing in front of the cameras there and start talking about her upcoming children's book or Lola's clothing line.

Holiday def needed. And not some shit weak casio keyboard remix like on Reinvention. I want some Kick from Omar.

Music.

New Song

Dunno what else really. Needs to be a big anthem.

If you mean reverence for love, then, yes, lots of it for Madge in the USA. :)

Yeah, definitely respected as one of their greatest living legends (hence move to England and accent was damaging).. even if the records aren't bought in huge records, she always has huge media presence regardless, fascinated by her everyday moves.

For Americans otherwise, I've been told she's widely considered an old slut there. I suppose Sex permanently damaged her there than anywhere else - hence a quickie repair album with Babyface to recapture the heartland.