Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

i think it's sad she's using 2 guests for her FIRST single. I do like mia, but i really can't stand minaj. Her voice annoys the hell outta me. Everyone is saying this is hard candy part 2, i disagree. Hopefully there is just one song that features 'guests' on it. Those who don' t like guests on her songs(such as myself) can skip that one song.

It still is sad she is resorting to having rentarappers on her albums tho

I agree. Totally. Madonna still sells but she no longer sets the US Singles Charts on fire. I just don't understand why she cares so much. She has nothing left to prove to anyone and I would rather she puts out an incredible 'Madonna' single and it bomb than a second rate Madonna/Rhianna/Minaj/Timbaland cut that just makes her look sad. Whoever pushes her or advises her towards these things needs shooting! Nobody is going to hear a Madge/Minaj single and think, hey Madonna rocks, they're going to think the same thing they did when 4 Minutes came out which was largely 'catchy tune but meh'. Sounds like EVERYTHING else going on right now. Madonna used to set trends, not follow them and her eagerness to align herself with these 'hot' acts just further highlights how far she has slipped. Instead of rising above it and saying 'this is what I do', she's cheapening herself by saying 'this is what I now NEED to do' while I struggle to remind people that I'm still here! I think people would respect her more if she did what she wants to do as opposed to what she feels she needs to do to make good on all that money Live Nation gave her.

This would be SAD!: HEADLINES: "Madonna dies in the Charts"..."Madonna reaches top 50 with her recent single-it's a great song but who cared?" :lmao:

I agree. Totally. Madonna still sells but she no longer sets the US Singles Charts on fire. I just don't understand why she cares so much. She has nothing left to prove to anyone and I would rather she puts out an incredible 'Madonna' single and it bomb than a second rate Madonna/Rhianna/Minaj/Timbaland cut that just makes her look sad. Whoever pushes her or advises her towards these things needs shooting! Nobody is going to hear a Madge/Minaj single and think, hey Madonna rocks, they're going to think the same thing they did when 4 Minutes came out which was largely 'catchy tune but meh'. Sounds like EVERYTHING else going on right now. Madonna used to set trends, not follow them and her eagerness to align herself with these 'hot' acts just further highlights how far she has slipped. Instead of rising above it and saying 'this is what I do', she's cheapening herself by saying 'this is what I now NEED to do' while I struggle to remind people that I'm still here! I think people would respect her more if she did what she wants to do as opposed to what she feels she needs to do to make good on all that money Live Nation gave her.

You make some valid points.I just think that Madonna wants a MAJOR hit.This is her first post-Warners album.She can't afford to flop.You say that people would respect her more if she "did what she wants to do".What Madonna "wants to do" is have a hit album :) Someone blamed Guy Oseary for steering her into this direction but how do we know that Madonna didn't plan this collaboration? How do we know that she doesn't want to work with Nikki Minaj?

This would be SAD!: HEADLINES: "Madonna dies in the Charts"..."Madonna reaches top 50 with her recent single-it's a great song but who cared?" :lmao:

See, I think that's only sad if your musical interests are dictated by chart positions. The charts these days are full of shite quite frankly. I care more about the quality of the musical output. She has said her favourite album of hers is American Life. She got battered for it and is now sadly too scared to take those kinds of risks anymore.

Guest Qbanito21

Well i respectfully disagree with some on here and i really hope it's true that Nicki is part of the first song! i love Nicki Minaj, her style, her voice, the works! I have all her songs and I love her silly self! I saw her in concert this year opening for Britney, it was great. I think it will be a good fit and I can't wait to hear the end result! Maybe they will have different versions of the single with and without the guest artists to please all the fans :)

who cares about radio play nowadays? If the song is hot and the album is great who cares? She will tour and millions that is what it's all about!

Especially today. There is still a big market for Madonna if her music is great outside of the US for sure. Everywhere else actually.

I'm gonna be bluntly honest here: Without a "hot" guest artist,a new Madonna single will flop in America.No pop radio station in the US would play a new single by a 63-year old lady,unless it was a collaboration with a younger,hotter artist."Hung Up" barely made the Top 10 in America and the three follow-up singles went nowhere.Madonna needs the first single to be HUGE,so she has to use the heavy artillery and pull out all the stops.She's on a new label,she's starting a new era...she HAS to do what she can to get people's attention.Call me crazy,but I like seeing Madonna in the Top 10.

Most likely,the follow-up singles won't have guest stars,but for the first single,guest artists will help her get airplay.

Wise move for our Madonna by working with much younger pop starlets. Her days of having a solo hit first single is long gone. Maybe now she can get that much needed #1 hit :dramatic: . I hope at least the 2nd single have another collaboration too. At least Two U.S. hits from an album would actually do her good.

who cares about radio play nowadays? If the song is hot and the album is great who cares? She will tour and millions that is what it's all about!

Especially today. There is still a big market for Madonna if her music is great outside of the US for sure. Everywhere else actually.

I wanna see Madonna have big radio hits too. I hope there some major payola this time.

Payola is illegal and there's likely not much of it these days. However, labels can offer stations"incentives" via promotions and such.

However, if it has a hot younger act on the record, it could get some decent play, a la "4 Minutes." We'll see.

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

Madonna isn't Mariah Carey, she don't do payola.

Who cares about radio hits, iTunes is where it's at and her performing at the Superbowl and releasing it on iTunes on the same day will guarantee a number 1 single and the album will hit number 1 regardless of anything anyway.

I don't care about featuring as long as the end product is great and comes from her vision. Justin Timberlake didn't make 4M a big hit. In fact, his other featured songs thereafter tanked... The song smashed coz people liked it.

Plus, she does not do this often.

All she needs is a little more attention in the US by featuring with some current Hot acts. Then let the song speak for itself...

Guest northernlad

I don't care about featuring as long as the end product is great and comes from her vision. Justin Timberlake didn't make 4M a big hit. In fact, his other featured songs thereafter tanked... The song smashed coz people liked it.

Really rewriting history there.

Timberlake's presence definitely helped 4M- because it was a Madonna collabo, it fared better than some of Timberlake's other featurings, sure.

I don't know if the Super Bowl is enough to send a single to No. 1 on the Hot 100- but, it won't hurt. Neither will the presence of Minaj, I suppose. M.I.A.'s only had one pop hit, so she's less of a draw from a radio-appeal standpoint.

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

Timberlake's presence definitely helped 4M- because it was a Madonna collabo, it fared better than some of Timberlake's other featurings, sure.

I don't know if the Super Bowl is enough to send a single to No. 1 on the Hot 100- but, it won't hurt. Neither will the presence of Minaj, I suppose. M.I.A.'s only had one pop hit, so she's less of a draw from a radio-appeal standpoint.

I think M is trying to cover all audiences, Minaj gives her the pop market while M.I.A gives her the "cool" factor.

It'll be a smash.

People might be confusing the guest appearances in the SUPER BOWL with the featuring in the SINGLE. Madonnarama didn't mention Nicki or M.I.A for the single... maybe MT messed up with the info.

I can totally see Nicki and M.I.A cheerleading in some sort of intro for Madonna's performance. Could be just a remix also. I refuse to believe she's THAT desperate.

And Super Bowl performances are always kinda crowded most of the time... so, it makes sense:

2012: Madonna, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A (?)

2011: The Black Eyed Peas, Usher, Slash.

2010: The Who.

2009: Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.

2008: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.

2007: Prince, Florida A&M University Marching 100 Band.

2006: The Rolling Stones

2005: Paul McCartney

2004: Janet Jackson, P. Diddy, Nelly, Kid Rock,and Justin Timberlake

2003: Shania Twain, No Doubt, Sting

2002: U2

2001: Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Aerosmith, 'N Sync, Britney Spears, Mary J. Blige, Nelly.

2000: Phil Collins, Christina Aguilera, Enrique Iglesias, Toni Braxton, 80-person choir, Edward James Olmos (narrator).

This news has just been reported on Nikki Minaj's official website and it clearly states that Madonna will perform her new single "Give Me All Your Love" featuring Nikki and MIA,at the Super bowl.

This news has just been reported on Nikki Minaj's official website and it clearly states that Madonna will perform her new single "Give Me All Your Love" featuring Nikki and MIA,at the Super bowl.

If the performance is feat. Nicki Minaj and MIA I think that's a cool idea and could be a fun performance. I want the single to be solo Madonna though.

And even having a big hit lead single won't impact a second single if it's just Madonna- see the last album.

The promotion for the last album was all wrong.If Madonna had chosen "Beat Goes On" as the second single,things would have been much different.Hopefully,this time around,she won't make that same mistake again.

Plus, she does not do this often.

All she needs is a little more attention in the US by featuring with some current Hot acts. Then let the song speak for itself...

I agree...I have no problem with 'special guests' on the song as long as it's a great track to begin with.If this song is amazing and Madonna releases it the day after the Super Bowl,she will have a guaranteed Top 10 smash.This is a smart move on her part.She's bringing out the heavy artillery! This is a new era,she wants it to be big.

And let's be honest,folks....

It's very likely that 'W.E.' won't make a big splash in America.The reviews have been mixed.So,the focus will soon turn to the new album.She needs for this album to be HUGE! If having Nikki Minaj on the first single will help,I say it's a wonderful idea.I want Madonna back in the Top 10.