Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

in terms of attitude, power, makeup, choreo.. lets say the same kind of epicness and vibe it gives. she needs a very powerful performance that makes her stand out from everyone else. average or slightly better isnt good enough. this is the superbowl, the chance of a lifetime. the chance to prove for once and for all to all the kids out there why she is the queen of pop and will forever be better than her younger peers.

Oh I DEFINITELY AGREE WITH THAT!!!!! however...I don't think she will be as courageous to take on the church on a show like this.

Oh I DEFINITELY AGREE WITH THAT!!!!! however...I don't think she will be as courageous to take on the church on a show like this.

Oh I know and I dont expect her to do that either. I meant in terms of her edginess :) she can do a religious theme again on her next tour instead ;)

I would love her to do something in the same vein....as EXPRESS YOURSELF MTV 1989.............but with a bigger PUNCH!!! could she do it? def....does she want to? not so sure.

Who's That Girl? Madonna at Super Bowl halftime

Contain your cone-shaped bras -- if you can.

Superstar Madonna could be hitting this season's Super Bowl halftime show in Indianapolis. The news hit the Internet this week, and the pick isn't too far-fetched. Madonna recently announced that she's working on new music, hopes to have a new single out by the winter and a new album out by next spring, and what better place than the Super Bowl stage to get you back on the charts?

"Who is bigger and better than Madonna? Madonna is a legend. Madonna is simply the biggest and the best who has ever done it," says Ronn Torossian, president and CEO of 5W Public Relations. "She's probably the biggest pop star in the world, and what's better than the world's biggest pop star performing on the world's biggest stage?"

The pick is far more edgy than any recent halftime acts. It's almost impossible to not talk about the 2004 Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake performance and ultimate wardrobe malfunction and the fallout in the years since. Most pop culture analysts say that choosing classic acts like The Who and even last year's PG-rated -- but contemporary -- hip-hop band The Black Eyed Peas seemed safe.

Madge in 2011 isn't exactly who she was in the thick of the 1980s. Sure, she's a widely influential middle-aged popstar, but she's toned it down.

"Madonna is now in her mid-50s, so I certainly hope she doesn't come out in her cone bra," says rock historian John Covach, author of "What's that Sound? An Introduction to Rock and Its History." "Madonna is somebody who crosses age generations and crosses sex barriers. She's just somebody who the whole world wants to see. She's really a living legend. Yes, of course, people are going to jump up and down to watch her. It's not just a performer. She is bigger than, perhaps, anybody alive."

Plus, let's face it: Madonna also might bring out a more diverse audience.

"People have joked online, maybe a larger gay audience will come," branding strategist Adam Hanft said. "There are broad segments of the audience that she appeals to."

And if there is a naughty incident (and 50-something or not, this is Madonna we're talking about), then … "people love to watch a train wreck too," Hanft said with a chuckle.

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=7058377

in coming up with wishlist tracklist, do we know how many songs usually a half-time performance is allowed to do? or in minutes?

I think she will be allowed 15 minutes...or 20 minutes? Can't recall.She can do as many songs as she can fit into a 20-minute time slot ;)

^ that's a really nice article

in coming up with wishlist tracklist, do we know how many songs usually a half-time performance is allowed to do? or in minutes?

u2/rolling stones/mj/prince all had about 12-14 minutes

they all sang 3-4 songs but prince did 6 i think cuz it was more of a medley

she'll probably do 3..maybe 4 if we're lucky

Guest Not4Pussies

i just hope she comes up with a brand new performance.

nothing borrowed or rehashed from S&S

like Live8 was rehashed from RIT

and LiveEarth was rehashed from Confessions

i just hope she comes up with a brand new performance.

nothing borrowed or rehashed from S&S

like Live8 was rehashed from RIT

and LiveEarth was rehashed from Confessions

But the Live 8 performance went down brilliantly well and gave her such great publicity. People were amazed at her vocal performance.

I do wonder how she will go down though at an event dominated by straight male fans. Breaking out the rocky guitars would actually be a good thing. Perhaps 'Hollywood' would work? Ray of Light, Music, Like A Prayer are safe choices.

I want her to go down a storm and raise her profile, not make some artistic statement.

I do wonder how she will go down though at an event dominated by straight male fans. Breaking out the rocky guitars would actually be a good thing.

I agree.If she does "ROL",she should definitely play guitar.The straight,male football fans would like that.

:inlove: Sie ist die Königin des Lebens. Now THAT'S how ya do a medley. Shame she had to do that awful I Will Survive song at the end.

I love her Gin voice. :fag: Luca Tommassini is dancing with Miss Ross :wow:

Oh I know and I dont expect her to do that either. I meant in terms of her edginess :) she can do a religious theme again on her next tour instead ;)

doesnt she always tag religion in tours?

God bless Ms Ross

Queen of Booby Love

I think Madge will do well on this. Even if she is amazing half the people will slate her. Always been the way

"Madonna is now in her mid-50s, so I certainly hope she doesn't come out in her cone bra," says rock historian John Covach, author of "What's that Sound? An Introduction to Rock and Its History." "Madonna is somebody who crosses age generations and crosses sex barriers. She's just somebody who the whole world wants to see. She's really a living legend. Yes, of course, people are going to jump up and down to watch her. It's not just a performer. She is bigger than, perhaps, anybody alive."

:bow:

:bow:

:thumbsup::wow:

Lowers herself? The performers from 2005-2010 ere all Rock Hall of Famers- and past performers also were HOF acts. Of course, some years featured acts who are not nor probably will not be considered for the HOF, but doing the halftime show hardly something to frown down on.