Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

she'll def do Holiday

Performing "Holiday" makes alot of sense.As someone else pointed out,people in America treat the SuperBowl like a "holiday".I can't think of a better song for her to start off with.

Yes after Prince, The Who and Bruce Springsteen it's time for Madonna to show off the two chords she can play if she REALLY concentrates.

:lmao: but i really like her rock reinvented songs!!

appropiate setlist would be:

1.this used to be my playground

for

2.4 minutes

and new song!!!

'Like A Prayer, 'Ray of Light', 'Music'

80s, 90s, 00s.... this is actually perfect for the occasion...

or

Love Don't Live Here Anymore, Take A Bow, Nothing Fails to shake things up...

didn't she say february when asked about the new single in one of the venice interviews?

can't remember which interview that was

yups, they can easily adjut the release to the Superbowl weekend on Feb 5 and iTunes release... don't care if sunday is the last sales day of the week...

Guest groovyguy

didn't she say february when asked about the new single in one of the venice interviews?

can't remember which interview that was

Gunnar Rehlin interview for SVT:

Gunnar Rehlin: Your next studio album is due out next year. You’re going to start working on it next year, are you?

Madonna: I’ve started a little bit of work in the studio and when I go back to New York, until the end of the year, I’ll be in the recording studio.

Gunnar Rehlin: And William Orbit again… What can we expect this time?

Madonna: More good music.

Gunnar Rehlin: When is it due out?

Madonna: Next year. I think the first single is, I’m not sure, February or March and the the album will come out in spring.

Gunnar Rehlin: Looking forward to it.

Madonna: Yeah I’m looking forward to working on it.

On Regis and Kelly this morning,

Regis holds up a newspaper and mentions that Madonna will be performing at the super bowl . He goes on to say that we have not heard from her in a while and welcome back.

Lol. Where has he been? :)

The single can go on iTunes right at midnight- can't lose those sales from the last few hours of the sales-tracking week. :crazy:

Shedid say single in February or March- so this would be February. If she has an idea for what the single will be, it should be done in plenty of time- just a single, after all. She should make it an uptempo, sweeping universal anthem- less "I Gotta Feeling"/"Party Rock Anthem" and more "Holiday." The theme in "Holiday" is timeless- all nations coming together, peace, turning the world around, etc.

I actually dread her singing "Ray of Light," "Like A Prayer" or "Music"

YUCK, YUCK AND YUCK.

I am sick and tired of these especially Ray Of Light, I think I genuinely hate that song now I just can't stand it. Oh and add La Isla Pinata to the list.

I hope this is true. When is the Superbowl?? Will it be around the time of her new single/album? x

It's in early February. Perfect to launch her new single.

I think:

4 Minutes (Intro)

Music (verse, chorus)

Express Yourself (Full song)

Ray Of Light (Full Song)

*New Song*

Holiday (blow the roof off that stadium)

She's needs to re-claim Express Yourself from that trash that stole it from her and what better way than a kick ass superbowl performance

I like this...I think a 4 Minutes intro is appropriate in a sports setting --plus younger teenage non Madonna fans will recognize it because it's her most recent big hit. I would replace Express Yourself (a bit too female-anthemy for the SB) with Into the Groove or possibly Everybody. We have to think of this performance for the general public, not as fans. Her biggest, most recognizable songs is what need to be performed to get her seen in the best light. I just hope it happens...we've seen this rumor many times in the past.

in order to fit into the sporting event, madonna will perform in her famed tracksuits

madonna_mode_large_qualite_uk.jpg

on a sidenote, even though this news has been getting negative feedback, we all know that madonna's performance (mostly, not all) will get almost unanimously good reviews. those sport jocks who never seen her perform will be wowed by her. but maybe that's my wishful thinking lol.

I hope she does and they introduce her has the Biggest Selling Recording Artist alive of all time, that would send some looney fans in a emotional breakdown of certain female singers. :lmao:

:lmao:

I HOPE they do.

on a sidenote, even though this news has been getting negative feedback, we all know that madonna's performance (mostly, not all) will get almost unanimously good reviews. those sport jocks who never seen her perform will be wowed by her. but maybe that's my wishful thinking lol.

the negative feedback is predictable and i dn't really blame them

the last female pop singers to perform in this event were janet and fergie

both disappointed and a lot of these sports fans expect the same from m

Unfortunately the MADONNA of today....would not want to sacrifice her lucrative contracts.

in terms of attitude, power, makeup, choreo.. lets say the same kind of epicness and vibe it gives. she needs a very powerful performance that makes her stand out from everyone else. average or slightly better isnt good enough. this is the superbowl, the chance of a lifetime. the chance to prove for once and for all to all the kids out there why she is the queen of pop and will forever be better than her younger peers.