Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

I think:

4 Minutes (Intro)

Music (verse, chorus)

Express Yourself (Full song)

Ray Of Light (Full Song)

*New Song*

Holiday (blow the roof off that stadium)

She's needs to re-claim Express Yourself from that trash that stole it from her and what better way than a kick ass superbowl performance

Guest FrozenEyes

I hope this is true!!!

I'd tune in long enough to watch the half time show for her. :D

And so many possible song choices. This could be really cool!

I'd be super stocked if this happen, i'd even throw a SB party :shock:

My ideal playlist

NEW SONG (NUN OUTFIT WITHOUT NUN CAP)

LIKE A PRAYER (NUN OUTFIT WITH NUN CAP)

RAY OF LIGHT (BLACK TSHIRT JEANS - SLASH HAT)

HOLIDAY (VIKING HAT)

MUSIC (COWBOY HAT)

And lots and lots of guitar riffs to shut them straights up

I was kidding about the outfits, kinda :crazy::demonic:

I actually dread her singing "Ray of Light," "Like A Prayer" or "Music" - simply because that is what would be expected. However, she will probably do one of them because they are her biggest hits. I really hope she does another reinvention of "Music" - that one seems the least played out. I feel like "Like A Prayer" is been overdone (Live8, Haiti Earthquake, etc.)

I think "Holiday" would actually be a nice touch. Especially considering Super Bowl Sunday is kind of an American holiday. :)

Guest groovyguy

BoyCulture

Madonna is not bullshitting around with this next album—she'll reportedly play the Super Bowl on February 5, where she'll likely debut a fresh single. Which requires her to ingratiate herself to sports fans, perform new material for the very first time live AND be in Indiana, all challenges.

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

Although I doubt this will be what she performs, I'd love this setlist:

1. Vogue

2. Hung Up

3. New Single

4. Holiday

I'm not a fan of doing mash ups or medleys, I say she should perform these songs in full - I could see her doing an updated version of Holiday though.

I think:

4 Minutes (Intro)

Music (verse, chorus)

Ray Of Light (Full Song)

*New Song*

She's needs to re-claim Express Yourself from that trash that stole it from her and what better way than a kick ass superbowl performance

I agree with the 4 Minutes intro.The marching band sound would be a perfect intro.She could even incorporate the chorus into one of the other songs,and maybe the "keep it up,keep it up" hook,as well.

Guest Not4Pussies

even william orbit is tweeting about it, randomly asking when the super bowl takes place.

hmmmm :dramatic:

if she incorporates a couple of songs she'll do a medley

if she performs the full songs, she'll probably just do 3 to 4 songs

i see ROL being part of the setlist

and i do want Holiday as well

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

it makes sense to, but i hope she doesnt perform Ray Of Light, esp with that damn guitar!...soooo bored of the song!!

If she performed it without the guitar then it may work, but I am totally sick of the guitar, I swear she needs to stop pretending like she can play - she ruined Hung Up on the S&S tour.

I like the 'rock guitar version' of ROL that she performed on the Confessions tour.Everything about that performance was exciting....the choreography,the visuals,and yes,even her guitar playing.If she chooses to play it on the SuperBowl,I hope she comes up with a thrilling performance like that.

People r just so gay when it comes 2 the guitar. :rolleyes::lol: It's just that she does the same thing with it over & over again. & I suspect she needs it 2 catch her breath during a long show...

But what sucks about the ROL performance is not the guitar but that hideous drum beat she's been using since confessions... yuck. When the intro starts i just think 'Oh no Madonna...'

I loved Hung Up though. & she's not an awful player, it's just rhythm guitar....she kinda plays like Bowie & Mick Jagger. But as usual Madonna goes about it like it's carefully studied choreography...much

like her acting...but let's not get in2 that. :fag:

I think:

4 Minutes (Intro)

Music (verse, chorus)

Ray Of Light (Full Song)

*New Song*

love this

i also think the guitar will be there

she'll probably want to show america that she could play an instrument

IF this is true then I think it sounds cool and definitely ties in great with promo for the new material. While I hope she doesn't do ROL/LAP/Music, she most likely will do at least one of them. I hope that the performances are a bit more creative at least. Would be cool if she busted out EY. That's a massive hit that she hasn't really performed. I think it's also likely she might do Celebration as it was her last single and has yet to be performed live. I do think she'll perform at least two new songs. The whole point of her doing the half time show would be promo for her new album so I don't think it would make sense to do a bunch of hits and only one new song.

I also wanted to add that I hope she doesn't take inspiration from this to use a circular stage for the next tour. They have to be the worst.

I think she should show off that she knows some guitar actually, most solo artists (with the obvious exceptions of prince, kravitz, etc) arent even that good at playing instruments, specifically females. its not like they got a gift for it or anything like that, they just know the basics and work with that; many people dont even know she can play an instrument.

It would be the best opportunity to present a new single. Will it be ready that fast though?

I think she was originally planning to release the first single in February and the album in March? So it all works out perfectly.Certainly,by the time of the SuperBowl,she will know what the first single will be (even if it's not offically released by then).