Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

From Madonnarama

Once again Madonnarama can reveal some new exclusive information on Madonna’s upcoming album. We would also like to clarify the previous details we posted, because it seems that some of it has been misinterpreted.

Madonna and her production teams have been working on the next album – her first with Live Nation as a record company – for a few months now.

Their goal: Create some killer innovative electro-pop!

WHAT WE CAN EXPECT…

The Sound: A modern and mostly upbeat sound. The blend of electronica informed by ethnic influences such as oriental music will be compelling as well as memorable. Each song is expected to be catchy, powerful with a fantastic selection of trippy and hazy electronica tingles. After all, William Orbit, responsible for Madonna’s impeccable Ray Of Light as well as some of Music, is all about the subtle little details that make his work quite unique.

The Lyrics: Madonna has been working on those for quite awhile. We can expect some personal lyrical content, as well as the “fun and dancing” recurrent theme. William Orbit also co-wrote a few tracks and we all know how consistent and funny our favorite Englishman can be.

HOW IT WORKS…

Basically, Madonna’s working on this album the same way she did with Ray of Light and Music…

1. She gets a basic instrumental demo from a composer or producer… Sometimes, the producer uses a demo vocalist to give more coherence to the instrumental, turning it into what could be a song.

2. Madonna starts to imagine melodies that could go with the instrumental demo (humming on the music) and starts writing ideas for the lyrics.

3. She then discusses the instrumental with the producer/composer and the structural changes she’d like to add or remove.

4. Once both Madonna and the producer are on the same page, she starts writing the lyrics, sometimes with the help from others for inspiration. For this particular album, William Orbit is also co-writing the lyrics with Madonna, as he did on ROL and Music.

5. Once the lyrics are finished, they meet up in a professional studio, so they can forge ahead with recording the instrumental version in a professional setting. Finally, the vocals are recorded.

6. Madonna might later decide to make some small changes after getting feedback from her record company, friends, manager or other musicians.

Right now, she’s between the 4th and 5th stage of this process.

THE DEMO VOCALIST…

Charlene Ava was involved in the very first stages of the creation of the album. Most of her work took place in July and early August during the early pre-production stage. Using a demo vocalist, like all big producers and artists do, has absolutely no influence on Madonna’s involvment. It’s just the opposite: all the different versions of the same song mean that Madonna is willling to try a lot of different directions.

JEAN BAPTISTE…

In our last post, we also mentioned Jean Baptiste Kouamé.

As we clearly stated, Jean Baptiste is not working as an independant producer for the album. He was recuited by William Orbit and works closely with his production team to develop Madonna’s new music.

Stay tuned for more infos about Madonna’s new album…

While many websites and forums might reproduce this news, remember you read it first at Madonnarama.com!

Big Thanks to InterestellarMan

Check out our previous posts on Madonna’s forthcoming album…

:lmao:

I'm glad Orbit is producing. After all ROL is so consistent & funny. Not 2 mention compelling, memorable & catchy! I'm also glad 2 hear the songs will contain melodies & lyrics. :fag:

Madonnarama are in dire need of attention right now.

its as if they want people to confuse their site with the first madonnarama around the 2000-2003 by edward russel (who was more into kylie, by the way) it was the biggest M fansite on the net then, or maybe biggest fansite overall

From Madonnarama

Their goal: Create some killer innovative electro-pop!

I'm down with that.

WHAT WE CAN EXPECT…

The Sound: A modern and mostly upbeat sound. The blend of electronica informed by ethnic influences such as oriental music will be compelling as well as memorable. Each song is expected to be catchy, powerful with a fantastic selection of trippy and hazy electronica tingles. After all, William Orbit, responsible for Madonna’s impeccable Ray Of Light as well as some of Music, is all about the subtle little details that make his work quite unique.

The Lyrics: Madonna has been working on those for quite awhile. We can expect some personal lyrical content, as well as the “fun and dancing” recurrent theme. William Orbit also co-wrote a few tracks and we all know how consistent and funny our favorite Englishman can be.

If true, I think it sounds promising. I love it when she incorporates more world music elements into her songs - "Shanti", "Push" and "Isaac" were wonderful.

Electronica mixed with ethnic music would be amazing. I'd love a "WORLD" album.

It's what I've been yearning for for years now. She was so close to that idea with Music based on the tracks that remained on the cutting room floor.

I just know our lady will deliver this time around.

I'm down with that.

If true, I think it sounds promising. I love it when she incorporates more world music elements into her songs - "Shanti", "Push" and "Isaac" were wonderful.

Yes, it does sound promising indeed, and I'd love the idea of the new music having a folk element and having this celebratory, more uplifting feel or spiritual element to it - or something to fit every mood maybe. I've been listening to a lot of Native American music lately, and I think it would be great if M did a few songs experimenting with some Native American sounds, it would totally be something new for her.

Yes, it does sound promising indeed, and I'd love the idea of the new music having a folk element and having this celebratory, more uplifting feel or spiritual element to it - or something to fit every mood maybe. I've been listening to a lot of Native American music lately, and I think it would be great if M did a few songs experimenting with some Native American sounds, it would totally be something new for her.

Totally. If she even incorporated just 10% of a sound like Loreena McKennitt into her pop music cookie dough, I would die.

Does this mean she is no longer working with Martin Solveig or that he was never involved in the first place? Would be a miracle if true.

Well, Madonnarama posted the new about Solveig too, so if these new tidbits are indeed true, Martin is probably still involved. However, one never knows what Madonna will end up releasing from her kitchen.

I still like the idea of her channelling Stevie/Fleetwood Mac and going all gypsy folk pop on us.

She would flop big time with that kind of sound. M should do what she does best....commercial dance/pop.

Well, Madonnarama posted the new about Solveig too, so if these new tidbits are indeed true, Martin is probably still involved. However, one never knows what Madonna will end up releasing from her kitchen.

What tidbits? The report doesn't include one iota of news. Obviously they would have included Solveig in their recap which basically is a recap of a fan debate going on various message boards of how M writes or rather doesn't write songs. There r no new Solveig rumors floating around the internet...so there's nothing 2 pass off as exclusive. It's so transparent. :fag:

Totally. If she even incorporated just 10% of a sound like Loreena McKennitt into her pop music cookie dough, I would die.

I would totally piss in my pants, absolutely love Loreena's music