Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

I rather not. It seems with 'leaks' it spoils the whole feel of listening to a new album the first time in it's true sequence and/or format. Of course, I am just as guilty in wanting to hear the new work right away. Also, I'm right there downloading the leaks, but it looses impact quickly this way. Besides, it's way too early to hear leaks when the album isn't due til March or April. If we hear all the new tracks whether it's a demo or polished track so far advance, the impact of the release would be lost.

I'm not a fan of leaks either. I hated Beat Goes On when it came out in demo form, and sort of killed a bit of my enthusiasm for the album. It worked out in the end as I loved the final mix, but it does go to show that leak don't always hype the fans. There's still around 4/5 months to go before the album is released so I'd much rather spend the next few month enjoying imagining it's going to be a work of unparalleled genius, rather than being directed what to think by hearing possibly disappointing unfinished tracks.

Back in the Jurassic age, you sometimes wouldn't hear a track until the video appeared on TV and I do miss that intense level of anticipation.

I'm not a fan of leaks either. I hated Beat Goes On when it came out in demo form, and sort of killed a bit of my enthusiasm for the album. It worked out in the end as I loved the final mix, but it does go to show that leak don't always hype the fans. There's still around 4/5 months to go before the album is released so I'd much rather spend the next few month enjoying imagining it's going to be a work of unparalleled genius, rather than being directed what to think by hearing possibly disappointing unfinished tracks.

Back in the Jurassic age, you sometimes wouldn't hear a track until the video appeared on TV and I do miss that intense level of anticipation.

Totally agreed. I certainly miss those days where we knew very little of the project until it was released.

Guest bluejean

We can blame American Pie partially on Rupert Everret, who convinced her to record that. M and Orbit also did Beautiful Stranger together, which still remains one of the greatest pop songs in history in my opinion! Okay, that was before the music sessions, but still counts as an off album track!

Plus Orbit has pretty much said that he didn't want to do that song and it was an idea he "hoped would go away."

‎"Give me all your love and give me your loveeeee, give me all your love todayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

A line from the new single????

Oh. fuck. no

I'm flashing back to when the Candy Shop lyrics leaked and was sure they were a sick joke...

Yeah, I like Madonna's version of "American Pie" better than the original.

Is this a result of the songwriting talents of the Black Eyed Pea guy? Lets hope these lyrics are sick joke happy.gif.

Don't get your panties in a twist just yet. No lyrics have actually leaked. And I'm betting once they do, many more will flip out with outrage. LOL! As if Madonna is the queen of writing profound lyrics. In fact, most of her most popular songs are simple lyrics.

As if Madonna is the queen of writing profound lyrics. In fact, most of her most popular songs are simple lyrics.

I totally get what your saying and I agree.

But even when we had simple lyrics (Vogue,Live to Tell,JML,EY..) she gave us an amazing, ICONIC, and thought provoking visuals with a strong message. We haven't gotten anything close to those things since 2000, IMO. We all know she's much more than just a musician, she's a visual artist. Yes, these day's there is not a huge need to pour money into a video but that's no excuse for the lack of effort we have gotten recently. When it's silly, slightly retarded lyrics with a crap visual, that's a turn off for me.

I totally get what your saying and I agree.

But even when we had simple lyrics (Vogue,Live to Tell,JML,EY..) she gave us an amazing, ICONIC, and thought provoking visuals with a strong message. We haven't gotten anything close to those things since 2000, IMO. We all know she's much more than just a musician, she's a visual artist. Yes, these day's there is not a huge need to pour money into a video but that's no excuse for the lack of effort we have gotten recently. When it's silly, slightly retarded lyrics with a crap visual, that's a turn off for me.

I'd say wait and see before freaking out. We have no idea what sort of video she has in mind, nor what the lyrics are gonna be. But with a song title like "Give Me All Your Love" which has been rumored to be more like a "cheer" song, I am not expecting anything too profound or serious. The same goes for the video. Sounds like another fun party song. I expect that will upset some fans still. I pretty much have extended the visual artist Madonna is to her tours now. This is where she'll be investing most of her money and time now.

Guest groovyguy

I'd say wait and see before freaking out. We have no idea what sort of video she has in mind, nor what the lyrics are gonna be. But with a song title like "Give Me All Your Love" which has been rumored to be more like a "cheer" song, I am not expecting anything too profound or serious. The same goes for the video. Sounds like another fun party song. I expect that will upset some fans still. I pretty much have extended the visual artist Madonna is to her tours now. This is where she'll be investing most of her money and time now.

Exactly. People should keep calm. Have some faith. I strongly believe Madonna knows what she is doing. And maybe she might surprise us with a stunning music video yet now that she is into film making.

Btw, could the "In a different time, in a different place, you could be my lucky star" line from Give Me All Your Love?

Guest groovyguy

From a fan @ another forum about GMAYL:

From what i can tell, it is INSANELY catchy. Very bouncy. Its a crazy-fun track. MILES from HC.

From a fan @ another forum about GMAYL:

From what i can tell, it is INSANELY catchy. Very bouncy. Its a crazy-fun track. MILES from HC.

He/she also wrote:

Where does this info come from?

Cuz I've heard the album version of "Give Me All Your Love" and it is solely Madonna.

No other artist is featured on it.

I think it might be just for the Super Bowl and people are confusing the details of this track.

Very different.

Is all I will say.

Very awesome.

The "In a different time, in a different place, you could be my lucky star" line is also from GMAYL

L-U-V Madonna!!

Y-O-U You wanna!!

He/she also wrote:

Cuz I've heard the album version of "Give Me All Your Love" and it is solely Madonna.

I think it might be just for the Super Bowl and people are confusing the details of this track.

Very different.

Is all I will say.

Very awesome.

The "In a different time, in a different place, you could be my lucky star" line is also from GMAYL

L-U-V Madonna!!

Y-O-U You wanna!!

Maybe Nicki and M.I.A. are just going to be on a remix of it? Like Missy Elliot was on "American Life."

I love that this song's acronym is GMAYL (gay male). LOL

Also, if that line is indeed in the song how cool is it that we heard the first leak of it from Madonna's London home back in July - probably the very week it was created!

Awesome, so then we have already heard our very first bit of the song, or a demo of it months ago... hahaha! How cool :) That track did sound VERY Solveig-ish!

Or could someone just be making it up, basing on what was supposedly heard coming from Madonna's home?

I do recall the incident of the new music blaring from her home, but I didn't think it was audible?? Does anyone have a link to that video? I try to do a search on Google, but didn't know exactly what to search for.

Guest groovyguy

He/she also wrote:

Very different.

Is all I will say.

Very awesome.

L-U-V Madonna!!

Y-O-U You wanna!!

The same fan wrote:

This song is hardly mid-tempo but has a lovely electro breakdown.

Itll have you shouting in clubs and bedrooms everywhere.

Guest groovyguy

Maybe Nicki and M.I.A. are just going to be on a remix of it? Like Missy Elliot was on "American Life."

I love that this song's acronym is GMAYL (gay male). LOL

Also, if that line is indeed in the song how cool is it that we heard the first leak of it from Madonna's London home back in July - probably the very week it was created!

Bonus track? on Deluxe edition?