Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

^Yes- compared to her other albums, both AL and HC were big commercial disappointments pretty much everywhere. It did better in France than other territories, though, that is true.

"Return to form," in this instance anyway, refers to content/quality.

That's true... Madonna never had commercial flops but what we're talking about here is Blockbusters and only "Music" and "COADF" fit in that shelf, right?

thank god no Steven Klein maybe she finally realized that all those horrid leaks were leaked from his team

There are still 'friends' though. They were pictured last night at the K center in NY. Stay friends but kill off the working relationship, please.

It's true. It's been widely reported and confirmed on Nicki's site.

Those are wonderful news! Love Nicki thing, she's pretty cool!

Guest groovyguy

He's Also Working with Nelly ? :shock::wow: and Yes we got this weird october snow... but It's beautiful outside! :wow:

Nelly Furtado dropped by Madonna's recording studio. He tweeted: "Demo's lovely wife Nelly Furtado dropped by the studio last night. One of my fave artists! Has amazing energy. They both do."

William Orbit is talking about Demacio "Demo" Castellon, sound engineer and mixer who is working on Madonna's new album and also worked on her "Hard Candy" album - 4 Minutes and Miles Away. Nelly Furtady is his wife.

I'm glad Orbit is tweeting about his experience on M's new album, but I worry he might be hyping it up too much. Sometimes "less is more". Of course, he's going to think it's great. It's his baby as well. He sure isn't going to say it's horrible or the experience is going badly. I also hope they aren't trying to reproduce another Ray of Light. That usually never works.

I'm glad Orbit is tweeting about his experience on M's new album, but I worry he might be hyping it up too much. Sometimes "less is more". Of course, he's going to think it's great. It's his baby as well. He sure isn't going to say it's horrible or the experience is going badly. I also hope they aren't trying to reproduce another Ray of Light. That usually never works.

We'll definitely get flashbacks to Ray Of Light but as Solveig's on board it'll probably be much more dance oriented.

I have a feeling this one will be a mixture of Confessions/ROL with tinges of HC thrown in.

I understand that the hype is to high and I don't wanna be the party pooper, but let's not forget that Orbit and M last collaboration wasn't ROL album. There was something after it; something called: American Pie, Runaway Lover and Amazing...

95o9wn.gif

You forgot to mention Gone and Time Stood Still, 2 amazing songs :)

I understand that the hype is to high and I don't wanna be the party pooper, but let's not forget that Orbit and M last collaboration wasn't ROL album. There was something after it; something called: American Pie, Runaway Lover and Amazing...

95o9wn.gif

LOL... though this new album sounds like Orbit is playing a bigger role on the album than on MUSIC. Almost to the level of RAY OF LIGHT. I love those songs he worked on for the MUSIC album as well as "Beautiful Stranger". But none of his songs after "Beautiful Stranger" and "American Pie" got featured as a single. "Amazing" should have been a single though. So anyway, let's hope the magic does work the second time around or should we say "third" since he did play some sort of role on MUSIC?

^Yes, but a long time has passed, and by the time it came to do Music, it sees M's work with Mirawis was more focused on being great, and not simply good. However, Orbit did co-produce "Gone," too. As for "American Pie," a blip on the creative screen.

Brisy, yeah, those two albums would be M's big hits of the 2000s.

95o9wn.gif

And they were all great! :)

Loved HC, loved Confessions. Hysteria surrounded the early news regarding "Hung Up", especially the rumours about the ABBA sample (originally, they said it was going to be "Ring Ring", but someone had their wires crossed there and was just going by the "ring ring ring goes the telephone" line). The leaked lyrics caused a massive meltdown and cries of HU being set to be one of her worst songs ever. Then the original leaked snippets hit the net and divided people again (too fast, too gay, too cheesy etc. etc.), then when the actual song turned out to be slower, people complained about that, too. The hysteria died down pretty quickly, though, and HU won over many of the nay sayers. To suggest that everything was rosy in the lead up to the release of Confessions is inaccurate, though. As Nightshade noted, there was concern over Stuart Price's track record (he'd only had a hand in one Madonna track prior to COADF) and news of Mirwais's involvement prompted a massive outpouring of disgust from some. It happens every single time Madonna records anything (just as it's happening now - "Martin Solveig? He's worse than David Guetta!" "WO again?? It's not 1998 any more, Madge!" "Nikki Minaj?? Desperate!" etc. etc.).

^Yes, but a long time has passed, and by the time it came to do Music, it sees M's work with Mirawis was more focused on being great, and not simply good. However, Orbit did co-produce "Gone," too. As for "American Pie," a blip on the creative screen.

Brisy, yeah, those two albums would be M's big hits of the 2000s.

We can blame American Pie partially on Rupert Everret, who convinced her to record that. M and Orbit also did Beautiful Stranger together, which still remains one of the greatest pop songs in history in my opinion! Okay, that was before the music sessions, but still counts as an off album track!

Loved HC, loved Confessions. Hysteria surrounded the early news regarding "Hung Up", especially the rumours about the ABBA sample (originally, they said it was going to be "Ring Ring", but someone had their wires crossed there and was just going by the "ring ring ring goes the telephone" line). The leaked lyrics caused a massive meltdown and cries of HU being set to be one of her worst songs ever. Then the original leaked snippets hit the net and divided people again (too fast, too gay, too cheesy etc. etc.), then when the actual song turned out to be slower, people complained about that, too. The hysteria died down pretty quickly, though, and HU won over many of the nay sayers. To suggest that everything was rosy in the lead up to the release of Confessions is inaccurate, though. As Nightshade noted, there was concern over Stuart Price's track record (he'd only had a hand in one Madonna track prior to COADF) and news of Mirwais's involvement prompted a massive outpouring of disgust from some. It happens every single time Madonna records anything (just as it's happening now - "Martin Solveig? He's worse than David Guetta!" "WO again?? It's not 1998 any more, Madge!" "Nikki Minaj?? Desperate!" etc. etc.).

I do recall this so much. Very nice recap. ;) Also, I do recall that both American Life and Hard Candy were initially praised highly by many fans when first released. In fact, I do recall many saying "Hard Candy" was "back to her roots". Personally, I honestly never felt that myself. Yet, I do not have a strong dislike for the album like some have either. Is it her strongest album? Not by a long shot. I also think she jumped on the Timbaland band wagon a little too late. Still, there are a number of great and fun songs on Hard Candy.

What I've noticed, especially since the digital age with the media over dramatizing every thing, that many fans tend to change their opinion of a Madonna album once the critics start bashing it and the sales figures start coming in. It's true, even though some fans will not admit it.

I have a feeling this one will be a mixture of Confessions/ROL with tinges of HC thrown in.

This is exactly how I feel.She's gonna combine elements from all three of those albums.

I think she should be able to do what she wants at this point and fuck it if people think she's desperate or boring or whatever. Let's face it, regardless of what "sound" she chooses, many would label her desperate for still trying to be a relevant "pop star" at age 53. Haters gonna hate no matter what, you can't please everyone.

I loved HC and was looking forward to it prior to it's release but I kind of knew what to expect with that album. Obviously the Timbaland, Timberlake, Pharrell sounds were staples on radio. I'm find the pre-release anticipation for this one a little more exciting simply because I have no idea what to expect this time. Between Orbit, Solveig, that Kouame (??) guy and now FreeSchool it seems as though this is going to be a very eclectic album! I agree with whoever said it sounds like it'll be a hybrid of ROL/Confessions with a dash of HC. That's pretty much what I'm getting based on the rumors. I find it all pretty exciting!! :wow:

Guest groovyguy

We'll definitely get flashbacks to Ray Of Light but as Solveig's on board it'll probably be much more dance oriented.

Between Orbit, Solveig, that Kouame (??) guy and now FreeSchool it seems as though this is going to be a very eclectic album! I agree with whoever said it sounds like it'll be a hybrid of ROL/Confessions with a dash of HC. That's pretty much what I'm getting based on the rumors. I find it all pretty exciting!! :wow:

It's gonna be a very interesting album. We definitely won't be getting ROL 2 or Confessions 2 or HC 2. Just look all the people involved: William Orbit, Martin Solveig, Jean Baptiste Kouame, Freeschool, M.I.A., St. Vincent, Emile Haynie .

I just can't wait... please M or O leak some 20 seconds for us to listen to ASAP!!! ;)

We're "hungry" for new M music :p

I just can't wait... please M or O leak some 20 seconds for us to listen to ASAP!!! ;)

We're "hungry" for new M music :p

I rather not. It seems with 'leaks' it spoils the whole feel of listening to a new album the first time in it's true sequence and/or format. Of course, I am just as guilty in wanting to hear the new work right away. Also, I'm right there downloading the leaks, but it looses impact quickly this way. Besides, it's way too early to hear leaks when the album isn't due til March or April. If we hear all the new tracks whether it's a demo or polished track so far advance, the impact of the release would be lost.

I rather not. It seems with 'leaks' it spoils the whole feel of listening to a new album the first time in it's true sequence and/or format. Of course, I am just as guilty in wanting to hear the new work right away. Also, I'm right there downloading the leaks, but it looses impact quickly this way. Besides, it's way too early to hear leaks when the album isn't due til March or April. If we hear all the new tracks whether it's a demo or polished track so far advance, the impact of the release would be lost.

i dont agree. to hear a 30 second leak of a few songs only creates more hype.

its a win for win for M and us. thumbs.gif

i dont agree. to hear a 30 second leak of a few songs only creates more hype.

its a win for win for M and us. thumbs.gif

For some, I am sure. Though, since the digital age, I've noticed singles don't last as long as they use to. It seems most artists these days must release a new song every month to keep interest on their album, leading to the album being shelved much earlier. I remember the days we had singles last as long a 6 months. Of course, that isn't a typical life span of a single, but single at least would last 3 to 4 months before an artist would release a follow up.

It's good to see a few exceptions such as Adele whose first single and follow up still charting high when the album was released nearly a year ago. Katy Perry seemed to have luck with her first two singles having a lasting impact, but after that her follow up singles came very quickly.

It just seems most songs which make a huge impact at first lose steam within a month's time. People lose interest so quickly and always want something more/new.

I agree.As much as I would love to hear a leak of the new single,I'd rather wait until the right time.

Guest groovyguy

Kudos to Orbit for being about to hype up the new album by saying so little. Hitting High Notes! Going Deep! She's On It! The album! These tweets really don't say much. Much too vague. The only obvious is he is super excited and really enjoying the making and recording process of the new album.