Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

Have you seen what US top40 radio is playing right now? They are whoring Moves Like Jagger (Disco-Pop), Someone Like You (Slow Piano Ballad), Pumped Up Kicks (Alternative Rock-Indie) and We Found Love (Electro-House-Dance Pop). Plus, We Found Love features Calvin Harris (British). US radio had never played a Calvin Harris song before.

Hip-Hop, Rap, RnB have totally died on the radio. Lil Wayne, Drake are being totally ignored! Jay-z and Kanye West released an album together and top40 radio didn't even care! Usher and Chris Brown had to release dance songs to score a hit. Even Minaj's songs have flopped hard except for Super Bass. She is too ghetto for top40 channels in mid sized and small markets. Beyonce's LEAD single (Gurls Run the World) was TOTALLY ignored! Hung Up peaked at like no17 on top40 radio, Gurls Who Flop The World didn't even hit top30!! And remember it was 2005 when hung Up was released. Beyonce is a huge star supposedly but Hung Up was a smash in the US compared to all her flops from her new album.

Madonna does not need anyone. Her sound is HOT right now. It's not mid 2000s anymore. Z100, KIIS and most stations in big american cities have put in super power rotation even fucking ROMANIAN songs like Stereo Love, Mr Saxobeat! There's no way they would ignore a hot Madonna track without a featured artist.

6-8 years ago tons of songs that were hits in most parts of the world were totally ignored in America. It was not only Confessions. Even songs by hot young artists. Now you see that 99% of what's hot on the world chart and in Europe is a hit in the US too.

Have you seen what US top40 radio is playing right now? They are whoring Moves Like Jagger (Disco-Pop), Someone Like You (Slow Piano Ballad), Pumped Up Kicks (Alternative Rock-Indie) and We Found Love (Electro-House-Dance Pop). Plus, We Found Love features Calvin Harris (British). US radio had never played a Calvin Harris song before.

Hip-Hop, Rap, RnB have totally died on the radio. Lil Wayne, Drake are being totally ignored! Jay-z and Kanye West released an alnum together and top40 radio didn't even care! Usher and Chris Brown had to release dance songs to score a hit. Even Minaj's songs have flopped hard except for Super Bass. She is too ghetto for top40 channels in mid sized and small markets.

Madonna does not need anyone. Her sound is HOT right now. It's not mid 2000s anymore. Z100, KIIS and most stations in big american cities have put in super power rotation even fucking ROMANIAN songs like Stereo Love, Mr Saxobeat! There's no way they would ignore a hot Madonna track without a featured artist.

6-8 years ago tons of songs that were hits in most parts of the world were totally ignored in America. It was not only Confessions. Even songs by hot young artists. Now you see that 99% of what's hot on the world chart and in Europe is a hit in the US too.

tumblr_ls3hofdP1I1qczh49o5_400.gif

The Hip-Hop/Rap/R&B empire nightmare is over? Have we reached Utopia? Was this post for real?

tumblr_ls3hofdP1I1qczh49o5_400.gif

The Hip-Hop/Rap/R&B empire nightmare is over? Have we reached Utopia? Was this post for real?

Hip-Hop/Rap/R&B is not totally dead. It will never be dead due to America's demographics. But only Urban radio cares. Top40 radio is not supporting it anymore and you can barely see a Hip-Hop/Rap/R&B song in the top10 of the Hot100. In 2004 you could barely see a pure pop song.

Hip-Hop/Rap/R&B is not totally dead. It will never be dead due to America's demographics. But only Urban radio cares. Top40 radio is not supporting it anymore and you can barely see a Hip-Hop/Rap/R&B song in the top10 of the Hot100. In 2004 you could barely see a pure pop song.

tumblr_ls3hofdP1I1qczh49o6_400.gif

Well, at least it's a semi-Utopia...

And how many 50-plus acts have scored big U.S. radio hits in the last decade? Exactly. :) Madonna feels a hot young act on her single will make it easier, and she's probably right.

As for the wait- if Madonna indeed has a W.E. ballad, we won't have to wait that long to hear a new Madonna track. :) (regardless of whether it's promoted or not). And then, the album's lead single likely in early February, at the latest (if the SB happens).

It is true that Minaj's Hot 100 performance has been so-so- with all of her featurings credits and such, she's been on 25 Hot 100 hits since last year (eight in which she was the lead act)- "Make Me Proud" (Drake's single) is her third top 10.

I like all this NEW news. :)

Don't let the first single's title fool you. Us "old timers" remember when the title and first lyrics to "Music" leaked in mid-2000. Everyone was proclaiming what a shit title it was and how terrible the "do you like to...boogie woogie" would end her career. It's all about context. Considering she started this album with Solveig (much like the hard right she took with Mirwais) she must have found something killer in the music he sent her. I suspect his demos had at least one song that rocked her world and so he was the first to work on the album and now has the first single.

And as much as I prefer "solo" Madonna, I'm not worried about guest stars...especially M.I.A. (what a dream come true)!

I'm excited. Very excited.

Ok...you changed my mind! Now I am excited!!! And hearing that mert and marcus are going to shoot the album cover...

madonna-mert-atlas-marcus-piggott-interview-may-201001.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1272925383090

one of my favourite Madonna pics!

lg3a.jpg

Guest Not4Pussies

the rumors are true. orbit mentions jean baptiste kuoame and freeschool on facebook right before his tweet about madonna

and tweets martin solveig about what a week they had in the studio.

I really hope the song is great because the assholes of z100 NY were criticizing M's W.E and saying something like "we don't care about it, we're not Madonna fans here" :manson:

Are there any radio stations in America who are Madonna fans?? I don't think so...

the rumors are true. orbit mentions jean baptiste kuoame and freeschool on facebook right before his tweet about madonna

According to Solveig's Twitter, he has been working in the studio in NYC from mid-September up until yesterday.

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

New single with M.I.A and and Nicki Minaj

Album produced by Orbit and Martin Solveig

Performance at the Superbowel

This is shaping up to be the best Madonna era in years, seriously can't wait until 2012.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.facebook.com/WilliamOrbit

William Orbit

No question in my mind. Jean Baptiste Kouame, greatest singer songwriter of our times. He is the future YouÂ’ll know why next year! And a fabulous human being too.

And Freeschool! Hottest team on the planet. New frontiers.

:clap:

Guest groovyguy

I really hope the song is great because the assholes of z100 NY were criticizing M's W.E and saying something like "we don't care about it, we're not Madonna fans here" :manson:

Who cares about Z100! They've been anti-Madonna since American Life. Yet their rep showed up at Tower Records (14th St, NY) for AL promo and got booed by the fans.

I still think she is trying to hard to be "current " and "trendy". Revolver was a prime example, it's probably one of worst

songs she has ever recorded.

She's at her best when it's just Madonna. I wish she would just focus a proper Madonna album a'la LAP or ROL.

Hiring the latest hip vocalist may give her a hit but the songs will be quickly forgotten they won't be classic Madonna.

Madonna has always, always tried to be current!