Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

Well MTV has been doing Live premieres lately for the music videos, with a following live interview too. So it would be cool for M to go down this route. Plus, theres a chance M could do one of those mini documentaries that Nicki, Gaga, Beyonce, and Britney did.

Madonna should do two *excellent* videos for the first two singles.I hope she doesn't kill the momentum of the album by releasing a questionable second single with a lame video (like she did with HC).

"Give It To Me" destroyed that album's hit potential. The HC project died an early death. She should've released "The Beat Goes On" as single # 2

I pray she releases the right singles for this new album.

Well MTV has been doing Live premieres lately for the music videos, with a following live interview too. So it would be cool for M to go down this route. Plus, theres a chance M could do one of those mini documentaries that Nicki, Gaga, Beyonce, and Britney did.

I would rather her do something for Fuse or Palladia rather than MTV. Those are the true music channels now IMO.

For the first single, perhaps she should do no video or one in which she does not appear. I like the idea of the Queen of MTV not even doing videos anymore. That would be quite a riposte to MTV for no longer playing them, would avoid the negative comparisons to Lady Gaga that would otherwise be made, and would certainly garner far more media attention than any video that she could make. Plus, only Madonna's die-hard fans buy her singles anymore, so it's not as though she would be losing any sales by not having that promotion.

George Michael tried not being in his own videos and all that. Just made his demise come that much quicker.

Guest SuperPop

"Give It To Me" destroyed that album's hit potential. The HC project died an early death. She should've released "The Beat Goes On" as single # 2

I think 4M although it was a very big hit destroyed the fate of the album, as it wasnt a Madonna song..it was a proper Justin & Timbaland Feat Madonna song

All the negative reviews and the criticism she got for jumping too late on the tiresome Timbaland bandwagon damaged the whole Hard Candy era

I think 4M although it was a very big hit destroyed the fate of the album, as it wasnt a Madonna song..it was a proper Justin & Timbaland Feat Madonna song

All the negative reviews and the criticism she got for jumping too late on the tiresome Timbaland bandwagon damaged the whole Hard Candy era

4M is her biggest selling digital single in the U.S. and it also hit #1 in Europe for 7 weeks. I think it was probably the only song that would've been such a big pop hit on that album, regardless of it sounding like a Timberlake/Timbaland song.

This thread is really getting out of control. We're never going to be able to find rumors and news with all this discussion of other albums. I admit I am guilt too. Moderator?

Exactly! "Give It 2 Me" is a great tune,but it didn't stand a chance in America."Beat Goes On" was the logical choice for the second single.If she had filmed an excellent video with Kanye and Pharrell,there is no way that this song would have been ignored.It would have easily found an audience.She could have had two Top 10 hits in America.

I disagree."4 Minutes" became her most successful single since "Vogue".The problem was....she picked a questionable second single,made a cheap video for it,and then abandoned the promotion altogether to start tour rehearsals.If she had taken her time,picked the right singles and made some amazing videos,the HC project would have been massively successful.

After "4 Minutes",the follow-up singles should have been "Beat Goes On","She's Not Me" and "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You".

I would rather her do something for Fuse or Palladia rather than MTV. Those are the true music channels now IMO.

But those channels get 1/20 the viewers. (Very) Slowly but surely MTV is integrating more music in the channel, especially MTV2.

Edited by cross

She won't release anything more than 3 singles. it will probably be a repeat of what she did with HC. Bitch if yo dont like dat get a refund.

She won't release anything more than 3 singles. it will probably be a repeat of what she did with HC. Bitch if yo dont like dat get a refund.

I'm okay with that....as long as she makes three *excellent* videos for these 3 singles,and does some aggressive promotion.She needs to step up her game,when it comes to promotion.

Exactly! "Give It 2 Me" is a great tune,but it didn't stand a chance in America."Beat Goes On" was the logical choice for the second single.If she had filmed an excellent video with Kanye and Pharrell,there is no way that this song would have been ignored.It would have easily found an audience.She could have had two Top 10 hits in America.

"Beat Goes On" screamed single release. I don't know what her team was thinking. It was one of the most popular tracks on that album. Radio would have lapped that shit up like the previous single. She had her chance to score some U.S. hits by adding some hip hop stars. But alas she went solo and released a generic track resulting in a big fat flop. Not even "Miles Away" could save that sinking ship.

Agree. Nelly Furtado or any popular pop diva could have sang that song with Justin and Timbaland. It wouldn't have made any difference but at least Miss M scored that one and only hit from HC era.

It will be interesting to see if the new single next year will be a big U.S. hit. She may need another "featuring" to increase those digital and airplay sales.

Guest SuperPop

I disagree."4 Minutes" became her most successful single since "Vogue".

'Hung Up' was bigger than '4 Minutes' worldwide

still '4 Minutes' was huge but not for any Madonna related reason..As Live It Up just said, Nelly Furtado could have sung it (or only Justin) and it would have been as big as well..

and that is easily proved by the fact that it didnt sell at all the album ('Give It 2 Me' came after the release of the album)

'Hung Up' was bigger than '4 Minutes' worldwide

still '4 Minutes' was huge but not for any Madonna related reason..As Live It Up just said, Nelly Furtado could have sung it (or only Justin) and it would have been as big as well..

and that is easily proved by the fact that it didnt sell at all the album ('Give It 2 Me' came after the release of the album)

"Hung Up" was successful but "4 Minutes" was Madonna's biggest U.S. hit single in years,and let's face it,that was the aim of Hard Candy: to have a huge hit in America."Beat Goes On" would have repeated that success in America.Anyway,I'm not sure why we're even discussing the previous album (lol).

'4 Minutes' was huge but not for any Madonna related reason..As Live It Up just said, Nelly Furtado could have sung it (or only Justin) and it would have been as big as well..

The same thing could be said for any number of Madonna singles.For example,if Britney Spears had recorded the song "Music",it would have been just as successful.

From William Orbit's twitter -

"u gonna pee your panties when u hear what's cookin"

OMG!!!

1) lets hope he talks about Ms lp;

2) she is probably back in the studio NOW;

3) lets not get overexcited by their reaction - I think Guy Oseary said that Celebration/Revolver was "off the hook" or something like that and while I like both songs I didnt pee my pants. They werent as good as say Confessions tracks.

Nelly Furtado couldn't have performed 4M - without Madonna, it wouldn't have existed, since she created it with Justin, Timbaland and Danja :) I think the references to 4M being Madonna's biggest hit since "Vogue" in the US refer to sales. Of course, we're talking about two different eras here, and any hit in the digital age is going to sell more than even a smash in the physical age.

Some discussion of the recent album is understandable in a thread about the forthcoming album. But let's try to stay on the topic at hand. In terms of Hard Candy: "4 Minutes" probably was the only single that was going to do well in the USA, as all others- even "Beat Goes On"- are mostly Madonna, and radio would not have loved it.

In regards to the new album- perhaps if it's fresh and sophisticated, radio (especially Hot AC) will give it a chance, to some degree. I still don't expect much pop love (would be surprised to see a track peak top 20 at pop, like "Hung Up")- but Madonna often surprises, so we'll see.

If William Orbit is referring to his work with Madonna, let's hope it lives up to the hype.