The Smirnoff Co. Partners With Madonna

akurren

of course. shes been doing this since the start. it never affected her actual work.

all of a sudden its an issue. just like how M suddenly has to pamper her fans out of nowhere. ridiculous.

Yes clearly 3 endorsements 2 of which only aired in Japan and one was super super high profile and basically meants she really hit the big time (Pepsi) are exactly the same as tracksuits, gyms, lipsticks, vodka, sunglasses etc in the space of five years. It IS part of the Livenation deal as it seems but it doesn't mean it's good.

Fab. The dance contest is a cute idea, and this deal will encourage me to drink even more Smirnoff. And no they did NOT use both bits of Candy Shop & 4 Minutes for Madge's little cameo? :wow:

PS- I'mma win that contest, join the upcoming tour, & persaude her to sing LDLHA. Thank me later.

Guest chatty kathy

Yes clearly 3 endorsements 2 of which only aired in Japan and one was super super high profile and basically meants she really hit the big time (Pepsi) are exactly the same as tracksuits, gyms, lipsticks, vodka, sunglasses etc in the space of five years. It IS part of the Livenation deal as it seems but it doesn't mean it's good.

Now she is offically a BRAND. Expect more.

Think Brahim will be dancing on this tour or just be a manny w/benefites?

pretty much. oseary talked about artists as "brands" before.

If he really knew anything about brands, he wouldn't have convinced Madonna to sign a deal that constantly dilutes and overstretches her brand via all these dreadful endorsements, but I must still insist that this isn't a bad one. It's relevant to music; it's a young and quite cool campaign, it will reconnect her with a young (and dare I say it straight) crowd.

It's simply a case of marketing -in the UK Smirnoff is marketed as a mid range quality vodka; in the US it's clearly marketed as a budget vodka. This campaign is a UK one right?

The ten Finalists will be contacted via email by 17 October 2011 to confirm that they have at least twelve months validity on their passport from March 2012, are willing and available to take part in Madonna’s next world tour and are eligible to travel to the countries forming part of the Tour.

Rehearsals for the Tour are provisionally due to commence in the first quarter of 2012 and the Tour is provisionally scheduled to run throughout 2012 and possibly beyond. Entrants must also be aware that dates for the Tour are provisional only and are subject to change.

Countries/continents which may be included in the Tour are USA, South America, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Entrants must however be aware that the destination countries for the Tour are not yet confirmed and are subject to change at any time.

Source : smirnoff.com

Y E S S S !! :inlove:

I created a new thread for this: http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=36884

------

en-4101.jpg

The Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project Dance Contest 2011 has just been announced and the Terms and Conditions contain some very interesting information and details about Madonna’s upcoming world tour.

The ten Finalists will be contacted via email by 17 October 2011 to confirm that they have at least twelve months validity on their passport from March 2012, are willing and available to take part in Madonna’s next world tour and are eligible to travel to the countries forming part of the Tour.

Rehearsals for the Tour are provisionally due to commence in the first quarter of 2012 and the Tour is provisionally scheduled to run throughout 2012 and possibly beyond. Entrants must also be aware that dates for the Tour are provisional only and are subject to change.

Countries/continents which may be included in the Tour are USA, South America, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Entrants must however be aware that the destination countries for the Tour are not yet confirmed and are subject to change at any time.

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2011/08/18/first-details-on-madonnas-upcoming-2012-world-tour/#ixzz1VOwrrqf0

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

omg @ Australia.

I hope this is true, living in Sydney I've never got the chance to see her, so this could be it! so excited.

A lot of people I know like to drink Smirnoff. If this could be marketed with Madonna's new music (which won't cater to a younger crowd, but can be accessible to all ages), I can see this deal being a success for her.

Your constant Gaga obsession aside, I thought Madonna was supposed to be a lot classier than Lady Gaga. What happened to that?

These deals are part of the recording/touring industry. For small artists and for big names alike.

It's how the movie industry works too. Still the Gaga headphones were cheap and yes Madonna is way classier

on every level

I just read this on Facebook, i know it's probably false but i guess rumors are best than nothing !

Quote from Chloe Canacalon on Facebook :

"New Madonna track:

Some websites say the track played in the Smirnoff/Madonna commercial is a new track by Madonna and William Orbit.

I love it, even if it's not true."

MT

anddddd we're complaining again.......... good ol M fans ;)

Yes, I can't believe the negative vibes either! We've got some brilliant news out of nowhere and it's still not good enough!

I'd better join the fanclub so I can get some decent tickets!

Personal opinions aside, you'd think fans would be used to this by now....quick recap....

2007 Live Nation 360 deal.

How is this any different than her putting her name to VCR's, cars etc. in those Japanese ads in the 80's? Or Pepsi for that matter? Or any of the other 10,000 things she's endorsed over the years. Why is this an issue only fairly recently??

Furthermore, how does any of this affect her art? She's always been a "sell out" (for lack of a better term) and she's also always managed to deliver the goods.

:lol::thumbsup:

Some people on here are pretty obtuse. And in some cases they have crap tastes as well

I just read this on Facebook, i know it's probably false but i guess rumors are best than nothing !

Quote from Chloe Canacalon on Facebook :

"New Madonna track:

Some websites say the track played in the Smirnoff/Madonna commercial is a new track by Madonna and William Orbit.

I love it, even if it's not true."

MT

I HAVE TO BUMP THIS! PEOPLE! :)

Smirnoff is a good brand in the UK -it's not a premium brand like Grey Goose or Belvedere

Yeah, I always thought Smirnoff was quality. I mean it's no FINLANDIA or as expensive as Grey Goose which is more of an American thing but it was always the standard. Vodka is vodka at the end of the day *swigs a bottle of Asda Smart Price* :wow:

I can't stand Red Square, that stuff tastes like shyt. I guess Smirnoff is roughly equivalent to the more stylish Absolut in stature.

And trust Dr Lecter to approve of a VODKA deal! :D