promise to try

Where is Celine Dion? (Answer: CELINE DION IS AMAZING.)

633 posts in this topic

I really would be surprised if Mariah was more successful than Celine in the 90s, if she did it must be very close.. Piranha never had that sort of reach worldwide, and Sealion had 2 albums that sold over 30 million. She definitely hated her back then. :rotfl:

+ another two albums (falling into you and the first GH ) sold more than 20 millions + her french albums...

Soundscan - May 30, 2009:

The 20 artists that sold more albums in the USA in this decade (Jan 1, 2000 - May, 24 2009) are:

1. Eminem, 31,127,000

2. The Beatles, 27,591,000

3. Tim McGraw, 24,295,000

4. Toby Keith, 24,189,000

5. Britney Spears, 22,937,000

6. Kenny Chesney, 21,396,000

7. Nelly, 21,206,000

8. Linkin Park, 21,125,000

9. Creed, 20,398,000

10. Jay-Z, 19,379,000

11. Nickelback, 19,158,000

12. Josh Groban, 19,115,000

13. Rascal Flatts, 18,831,000

14. Metallica, 18,490,000

15. Alan Jackson, 18,479,000

16. *NSYNC, 18,402,000

17. Dixie Chicks, 18,293,000

18. Johnny Cash, 17,860,000

19. Kid Rock, 17,606,000

20. Celine Dion, 17,579,000

where´s mariah in the 00´s too? really she has a lot of number 1s, but...

nad her AC ballads are classics, because a lot of them were already classics before she sang them (The power of love...)

Soundscan - August 28, 2009:

Celine Dion has sold an incredibly impressive 50,807,000 albums in the SoundScan era (just a tad shy of Carey's 51,837,000 in that span).

Here are Dion's top sellers:

10,780,000, "Falling Into You (1996)

9,461,000, "Let's Talk About Love" (1997)

7,869,000, "All the Way...A Decade of Song" (1999)

5,077,000, "These Are Special Times" (1998)

4,501,000, "Colour of My Love" (1993)

3,294,000, "A New Day Has Come" (2002)

2,339,000, "Celine Dion" (1992)

1,790,000, "One Heart" (2003)

1,222,000, "Unison" (1990)

1,055,000, "Taking Chances" (2007)

She has a lot of hits... but wherever she is I hope she won't be coming back anytime soon

she was the ultimate queen of dreary ballads in the 90s

She already had the twins, no?

"Think Twice" was huge in the UK; in the USA, it only mustered a No. 95 peak on the Hot 100- from that album, it was "The Power of Love," followed by "Misled" (No. 23 peak) and then both "Think Twice" and "Only One Road" peaked in the 90s.

And in the 90s, Ms. Dion was not a middle-aged woman. She was on the verge of 30 when "My Heart Will Go On" hit. :lol:

She already had the twins, no?

"Think Twice" was huge in the UK; in the USA, it only mustered a No. 95 peak on the Hot 100- from that album, it was "The Power of Love," followed by "Misled" (No. 23 peak) and then both "Think Twice" and "Only One Road" peaked in the 90s.

well, the album sold millions...maybe they were huge in the adult contemporary chart, i don´t know...I just love that mariah wasn´t the number 1, not because I hate her, she has some good songs and her first albums were good, just because she´s so full of herself, and so impressed by her numbers...

and who knows, maybe 29 years old is becoming middle aged already!!!!! the show bussiness is so crazy that it may happen!

I have determined that Celine's thunderous AC ballads are more timeless than Mariah's twee RnB pop. FAKT

I totally agree

I saw that she added "Where Does My Heart Beat Now" to the latest Vegas show (though there's debate about whether it's mimed). She had not included that in live shows since 1993-1994, I believe (she did part of it on Oprah in 1997 or so).

Well she could have easily added it and do a lipsynch like she did with The Power Of Love :wow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9ULgh9ClvI

I like and respect how Celine has basically stayed the same all these years, yet has evolved enough to still have a career. And out of the unholy trinity of divas (Mariah, Whitney, and Celine), she is the only one who's current voice most resembles her voice at it's peak. Whitney's is the worst and Mariah seems to fall somewhere in the middle.

I'd check out a new album if she made one. I've always enjoyed big voices. ;)

I think Celine is likely happier now than when she was a top diva getting #1 hits. Right now she's making a lot of money in Vegas, yet is still able to live a semi-normal life in her several mansions, one which includes on odd water park. She seems like a family oriented person that likely enjoys doing big family parties, in private away from the paparazzi. I don't think she would enjoy being Madonna. She's likely happy where she's current at.

I think Celine is likely happier now than when she was a top diva getting #1 hits. Right now she's making a lot of money in Vegas, yet is still able to live a semi-normal life in her several mansions, one which includes on odd water park. She seems like a family oriented person that likely enjoys doing big family parties, in private away from the paparazzi. I don't think she would enjoy being Madonna. She's likely happy where she's current at.

well, she makes a lot of money, and although she doesn´t sell as she used to, she has a hit every once in a while, she has a family...´but I don´t think she´s not ambitious.I mean, she´s been releasing music since the 80s, she has millions of albums...

celine is actually bigger than madonna..but thats a discussion for another time

but thats a discussion for another time

I think you mean another dimension. :wow:

Or Québec.

her being a bilingual singer has given her an edge...i have based this conclusion based on the different continents ive stayed all over the world ..and the popularity of both singers there .

Where is Celine dion???

WHO CARES?

I care...an about celine being bigger than madonna, i want go there.But I´m very surprised with her success, especiallu druing the 90s

i remember when Taking Chances only managed to sell 1.1M copies in the US and 3.5M worldwide, lambs called her "FLOPline Dion." then one year later, when E=MC2 only managed to sell 2M copies WORLDWIDE, Celine's fans laughed their asses off and started calling Mariah "over." :lol:

not surprised she's big in almost every corner of the world. she's very likeable and she has that very endearing personality. bet she doesn't even know how many copies of albums she had sold. :angel:

Wherever Celine is, I hope she's farrrrr farrrr away from a music studio. I cannot stand her sappy music.

Nice lady though and her Vegas shows look Spectacular, but her music is terrible.

i prefer her studio albums over Vegas shows.

her being a bilingual singer has given her an edge...i have based this conclusion based on the different continents ive stayed all over the world ..and the popularity of both singers there .

Being bilingual is a huge advantage, but people here don't acknowledged that. They simply go by whatever the latest charts show, which currently means that Gaga, Rhianna & Britney rule the world. They also only care about the English charts and whoever is #1 on the US hot 100.

Being bilingual is a huge advantage, but people here don't acknowledged that. They simply go by whatever the latest charts show, which currently means that Gaga, Rhianna & Britney rule the world. They also only care about the English charts and whoever is #1 on the US hot 100.

POOR BRAVE SHAKIRA, UNACKNOWLEDGED QUEEN OF THE WORLD

Celine meeting a paraplegic fan before her show, August 7, 2011.

223673_10150408137013902_564723901_10517737_3704600_n.jpg

POOR BRAVE SHAKIRA, UNACKNOWLEDGED QUEEN OF THE WORLD

:rotfl:

Shakira is a talentless whore that sells no records.

yes jusst imagine on those french speaking countries..and them add them to the english speaking ..you got one hell of an advantage

..but i though shakira sells records and sells out stadiums all over the world so why is she being clowned here??