MadonnaNation.com Forums
promise to try

Where is Celine Dion? (Answer: CELINE DION IS AMAZING.)

During the 90´s she was everywhere, during the 00´s she appeard less but she was still there.But now...is she still in Vegas?

I love how Kathy Griffin imitates her...funny, that´s how I realised that she wasn´t doing lately

Guest northernlad   
Guest northernlad

She's reportedly been working on two albums, one in English, the other in French, for some time now, with the former, at least, intended for release near year's end. Still nothing official yet, but apparently they were working on an April/May release for the French album which seems to have been postponed indefinately. So who knows what they're planning.

loomer    0

She's reportedly been working on two albums, one in English, the other in French, for some time now, with the former, at least, intended for release near year's end. Still nothing official yet, but apparently they were working on an April/May release for the French album which seems to have been postponed indefinately. So who knows what they're planning.

Do you like her :french: stuff?

SOS    0

She's in Vegas making millions.

hundreds of millions isn't it?

Guest FrozenEyes   
Guest FrozenEyes

200812_Celine-dion-goes-crazy.jpg

I'm sure she's off being her zany self making LOTS of money. I always enjoyed her face, very expressive.

bliss    0

wherever she is please tell her to stay there.

Vegas can have her....well I'm off to Vegas next month. I might see Saline.

HolidayGuy    0

I saw that she added "Where Does My Heart Beat Now" to the latest Vegas show (though there's debate about whether it's mimed). She had not included that in live shows since 1993-1994, I believe (she did part of it on Oprah in 1997 or so).

I saw that she added "Where Does My Heart Beat Now" to the latest Vegas show (though there's debate about whether it's mimed). She had not included that in live shows since 1993-1994, I believe (she did part of it on Oprah in 1997 or so).

It's one of her best songs. Not sure why she ignores it so often.

Barney    0

I can only think of the Titanic song. There was also a song from Stuart Little. Im trying to think of any others. I know she can sing and shes in Vegas but in the UK its like shes almost unheard of (apart from Titanic). I bet shes got loads of fans though. I just dont know any of them to get into her music.

HolidayGuy    0

She appeals to those who like easy listening (for the most part). And some love her voice, while others find it to be over the top and too much. While she's not exactly a great *artist*, I like some Celine songs, and I like that she doesn't take herself too seriously. And, without question, she's a better live performer than someone like Mimi Carey (though I probably like more of Mimi's music overall).

Aside from "My Heart Will Go On," her biggest U.S. hits were her cover of "The Power of Love," "Because You Loved Me" and "it's All Coming Back to Me Now." The duet with R. Kelly, "I'm Your Angel," was a No. 1, but it's not a recurrent airplay hit like her biggest solo hits.

GregVsMatt    0

I only know the Titanic song and I can vaguely remember so horrible dance version of "I drove all night" I cringed watching on a music video show years and years ago.

dhenapie    0

I can only think of the Titanic song. There was also a song from Stuart Little. Im trying to think of any others. I know she can sing and shes in Vegas but in the UK its like shes almost unheard of (apart from Titanic). I bet shes got loads of fans though. I just dont know any of them to get into her music.

in the UK, she holds the record for being the only woman in history to have 2 "million selling" singles. Think Twice and My Heart Will Go On.

i believe she's bigger in Europe than in the US (her last tour did well in Europe). even some of her French albums/singles charted in the UK (esp during the 90's).

Barney    0

Oh yeah I remember that one. I was probably too wrapped up with Madge ect and she fell off my radar.

loomer    0

Yes, you better think TWICE barneyboy! She was essentially big in the 90s, and the mid 90s was when Madge was less prominent, the FLOP years (relatively speaking, natch). I think she might have had a limited reach cause of the MOR music she did but back in the 90s that was all the rage with her and Mariah.

Barney    0

Oh well in the mid 90's I was off my face on pills. I wouldve hardly listened to a middle aged woman singing about ships. I do think shes got a great voice though. Good on her.

Oh well in the mid 90's I was off my face on pills. I wouldve hardly listened to a middle aged woman singing about ships. I do think shes got a great voice though. Good on her.

:lmao::lmao:

I didn´t like her in the 90´s either...it wasn´t my kind of music,but my old sister...ALLLLLLL BYYYYYYYY MYYYYYYYYYYYYYSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLFFFFFFFFFFF :doh: for 4 years!

loomer    0

I really would be surprised if Mariah was more successful than Celine in the 90s, if she did it must be very close.. Piranha never had that sort of reach worldwide, and Sealion had 2 albums that sold over 30 million. She definitely hated her back then. :rotfl: