Bedtime Stories Appreciation Thread!

Guest Borderline

Guest Borderline

Can we get some love for this wonderful album?

I always thought of Bedtime Stories as being a more mature version of Erotica. I absolutely adore this album. It's so sensual without being seedy. It's absolutely lush! :inlove:

I couldn't agree more. It's absolutely fantastic. Although at first I didn't like it. But the more I listened to it, the more I loved it. It's up till today one of my favorites.

Guest FrozenEyes

I love this album. One of my favorites. From the videos to the songs :inlove:

And it's not very in your face, but has this cool hypnotic vibe throughout. Great album to just chill out to. VERY VERY VERY underrated.

The only clunker for me is the IRBYL and DS. One of my favorite non-singles from the album are Love Tried To Welcome Me and Sanctuary. I bet they would have had great videos.

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

I consider to be the more light, more romantic version of Erotica.

I love it, but the gritty (erotica) always wins imo.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

If it wasn't for the Kylie sounding clunkers on this, the album would be one of her best. However it is a BIT up and down in places. The good parts are incredible, the bad parts are very average.

Overall though, i do like enough of it, and it features some of my all time favs from her, Secret, Human Nature, Sanctuary, Bedtime Story :wow:

I was listening to this in my car on full whack last night...and although it's not my favorite M album, there's some mighty good gems on there.

The slower songs are really quite beautiful. "LTTWM", Sanctuary", "Forbidden Love", "TAB"

Guest jordywind

its a hidden gem, most songs on the album arent well known or had huge commercial success but i think that adds to its charm when you listen to it! xx

It's a great album, it's just not one of her strongest. There's some great tracks: Secret, Inside of Me, Sanctuary, Human Nature. And there's also a clunker or two. It's a so-so album. I love it, I just don't play it as much as the others.

Also, some of the leftovers (Honesty, Let Down Your Guard) are pretty cool too.

Guest Not4Pussies

not the strongest album but has some gems on there that ill always love

LTTWM, Sanctuary

Guest FrozenEyes

Question. What is the Human Nature mix that has a loud "BAM" throughout the song and occasionally over explicit lyrics, I believe.

Question. What is the Human Nature mix that has a loud "BAM" throughout the song and occasionally over explicit lyrics, I believe.

I'm not home to check but I THINK it's this... I could be wrong though

3."Human Nature" (Chorus Door Slam with Nine Sample)

Guest Madonna Fan Since 1983

Truly one of her best albums!

Best tracks-

1. Bedtime Story

2. Survival

3. Secret

4. Sanctuary

5. Inside of Me

6. Love Tried To Welcome Me

7. Take a Bow

8. Human Nature

I've noticed fans seem to ignore "Forbidden Love" quite a lot.

Why is that?

I LOVE it.

It's cool, it's more memorable as a track on STR than it is on BS.

Guest FrozenEyes

^^^I agree.

It's oddly more difficult for me to enjoy the song, since there is FL on Confessions too which I ultimately love more. :blink:

^^^I agree.

It's oddly more difficult for me to enjoy the song, since there is FL on Confessions too which I ultimately love more. :blink:

The Confessions one is superior to the Bedtime snoozefest (which i do adore, sometimes...) Fakt.

I fucking LOVE BS. "Survival", "Secret", "Inside of Me", "Bedtime Story", "Take A Bow", "Human [effin] Nature"....how could anyone hate this? BS is the intimate, more adult Madonna album - I agree with some of the people who have described it as a sort-of anti-Erotica, where the sex is there but it is dealt with in a more "under the covers" manner (pardon the pun". The production work on this record is some of Madonna's best, and I especially love that she managed a unique sound in the songs despite using popular producers. LOVE. One of my fave Madonnz records.

I've noticed fans seem to ignore "Forbidden Love" quite a lot.

Why is that?

I LOVE it.

it should have been the thris single in the US, after TAB, and left BS only as a maxysingle for the discos.

And I also don´t like that COADF has another song with the same name, it´s like the first one never existed...and it´s beautiful, it´s another missed opportunity for her to have a top ten hit...I guess she didn´t care

Soo nobody likes Secret? I think it's one of her best songs, I love all her mmm mmmh songs lol

I love Secret. Remember back in 1994 when it entered the charts at Number 5 here in the UK which was her highest debut for a long time and was so expecting it to go to Number 1 the following week.

Guest groovyguy

Along with "Erotica" and "American Life", this album is probably Madonna's most underrated album. R&B sounding and the most self-reflective Madonna album at the time. Amazing album with brilliant tracks like Survival, Secret, Bedtime Story, Human Nature, Sanctuary and Take a Bow.