Fan reports and pics from June 28 NYC Show

Guest Topaz Scorpio

My one complaint about ILNY is that she plays guitar during that song.

I LOVED the Koko performance where she ran around the stage and acted crazy at the end of the song.

I think that song would get a lot more energy from the audience if she performed it that way. When she just stands there almost motionless with the guitar, you can kind of understand why the crowd doesn't go nuts.

God I loved this show so much! When I was trying to go to sleep I was having so many flashbacks from the show. And I woke up singing a lot of the songs from the show. Even during the slow acoustic parts of the show I stood there marvelling at her. Still no time to write anything indepth now, I have a million things to do today! Will write about the shows this weekend!

Yes Holidaguy your seat should be fine. When the show starts try to move closer to the catwalk.

People I'm meeting tonight, you have my number!

Now that I think about it...where the hell were Madonna's back up singers? Maybe I was too focused on Madonna and totaly missed them? She used to make them a big part of her tour. Again, I also do not get why people were saying the crowd was dull. They must not have been at the same show as me. The crowd even had a nice wave going before it started. Anyway, I feel like I am still trying to digest the whole show. There was so much to take in.

Yes The Show was great im glad im seeing it 4 more times to digest everything, did anyone see Miss Rosenberg parading around like she was an old bag lady and whats up with her cat ears, she is one scary person. I was in Sec 8 actually not bad at all... She was mostly in Sec 10 walking back and forth through the whole thing...

I was in the front row of section 10. I must have missed her walking around but I saw Jamie King. God is he hot! There were also these two drag queens right behind me with hardly any clothes on. They were ummm....intresting lol...Again the only negative would be the security walking back and forth in front of me. It took you out of the show at times. Also the guy from Real World that I saw was Willie from Philadelphia. He kind of blew off two girls who took the time to talk to him.

Come on Manhattan, show me what you got!

Posted: 29 June 2006

Madonna played her first night at Madison Square Garden yesterday. The show was late starting due to technical problems with the screens and Madonna had an announcer apologise on her behalf before the show began.

Below are highlights from the fan reports from the show - to read the full length versions visit the New York City - Fan Reviews section.

From albee:

Wow - what a big difference frome seeing her at Staples Center on 6/3. She was incredible. She did one helluva job with I Love New York. The difference was she extended with the guitar and afterwards said 'Come on Mother fuckers, I wrote this song thinking about you....I expect you to jump up and down for this next song.' Then Ray Of Light came on.

From Colin:

Jump is cool too, with the acrobatics - most of this you have heard before - the one thing that really stuck out is that she referenced New York City and it being her 'home' - she jokingly said that she did not have to 'impress nobody' - she also did say 'Come on Manhattan (I thought that was cool) - show me what you got!'

From Danialle:

She didnt start til after 9, I heard a security guard talking, saying she was pissed because the stage wasnt right. Then they made an announcement for Madonna apologizing that one of the screens (top center) was cut off....and said she hopes we enjoy the show despite that imperfection....WELL....WE DID!

Also I cant express how BEAUTIFUL Live To Tell was. All this drama in the media about Madonna crucifying herself....nobody took the time to just look at it and appreciate the artistic beauty. Seeing her up there, she looked like an angel....and singing those haunting words almost brought me to tears, it moved me. Thank you Madonna for that lovely moment in time.

From HeyMrJason:

'MUSIC' was DEFINITELY the BIG showstopper which made Madison Square Garden come ALIVE! It was spectacular, it could of went on forever as far as I'm concerned!

From John:

Madonna also fell during her performance of Ray Of Light. Given the size of the Garden the two side catwalks were on an incline heading up toward the loge seats. As Madonna was playing guitar heading back towards the main stage she fell on her knees but got right up and kept going. She made mention of it before she sang Drowned World. She said something along the lines of 'I keep fucking up the words and falling all over the place, I guess I just want to impress you guys.' I don't know where she fucked up the words but it was cool. She was pouring everything into this show and she delivered.

From Joni:

The combined humanitarian and artistic display leading into 'Live To Tell' was thought provoking and extremely well choreographed while her singing during the song moved the audience. It’s too bad some critics focused on the cross instead of the important message she was portraying.

From Robert L:

Anywho, AMAZING SHOW! She was on fire and very demanding, asking everyone to jump up and down. During Ray Of Light she scolded us, 'You're not jumping!' I love it when Madonna scolds her audience! The venue was hot and she was too!

From Scotty P:

At the end, she CONFESSED, 'I know it's an illusion, but it's a really nice one.' Also, I think it was Ray Of Light when she told us to, 'Jump up and down....whadda ya need an invitation, you're New Yorkers!' Hot. We ate it up. Half-way thru that song, we weren't jumping enough to her satisfaction. She says three words - 'You're not jumping.' Immediately, 16,000 people begin hopping up and down in unison. We were SO her bitches.

From Steve:

Madonna seemed in delicious spirits and was clearly enjoying her Dita routine in New York - which MUST be considered the leather and fetish capital of the world. I cannot say enough good things about her dancers - they are the best she has ever had. The entire first act was everything you pay to see Madonna for.

The hand dance is FABULOUS :americanlife:

---

"WELCOME HOME DITA" is what Madonna was greeted with! :erotica: I thought that was so cute! People on the floor were asking around what the sign said.

p1000085cropdita0ru.jpg

p1000085resize0cl.jpg

Haha I love this tour, I'm in pics with Madonna (sort of) :lol: My

sis is next to me. June 28 show pic from Posy @ Tribe

628newyorkposy151hy.jpg

628newyorkposy15loca9fb.jpg

My sister is looking up at Madonna and I'm mostly blocked

off by arms :hurt: *sibling rivalry explodes*:evil:

628newyorkposy94gm4.jpg

"WELCOME HOME DITA" is what Madonna was greeted with! :erotica: I thought that was so cute! People on the floor were asking around what the sign said.

p1000085cropdita0ru.jpg

p1000085resize0cl.jpg

I wonder if Hafo and Dr Lecter snuck to NYC without informing me :evil: